- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 862978, 11 pages
Depression after Stroke and Risk of Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
1Department of Surgery and Interdisciplinary Medicine, University of Milano-Bicocca, 20900 Monza, Italy
2Stroke Unit, Neurology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Niguarda Cà Granda, 20162 Milan, Italy
3Department of Mental Health, Azienda Ospedaliera San Gerardo, 20900 Monza, Italy
4Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London, London W1W 7EJ, UK
Received 12 October 2012; Revised 21 December 2012; Accepted 25 January 2013
Academic Editor: Caroline L. Watkins
Copyright © 2013 Francesco Bartoli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Julian Hellmann-Regen, Dominique Piber, Kim Hinkelmann, Stefan M. Gold, Christoph Heesen, Carsten Spitzer, and Matthias Endres, “Depressive syndromes in neurological disorders,” European Archives of Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 263, pp. S123–S136, 2013.
- G Kronenberg, K Gertz, A Heinz, and M Endres, “Of mice and men: modelling post-stroke depression experimentally,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- Bihan Tang, Xu Liu, Yuan Liu, Chen Xue, and Lulu Zhang, “A meta-analysis of risk factors for depression in adults and children after natural disasters,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Le Peng, Xin Zhang, De-ying Kang, Xue-ting Liu, and Qi Hong, “Effectiveness and safety of Wuling capsule for post stroke depression: A systematic review,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2014.
- Hui-Chuan Huang, Li-Kai Huang, Chaur-Jong Hu, Chien-Hung Chang, Hsin-Chien Lee, Nai-Fang Chi, Meei-Ling Shyu, and Hsiu-Ju Chang, “The mediating effect of psychological distress on functional dependence in stroke patients,” Journal of Clinical Nursing, 2014.
- Luis Ayerbe, Salma Ayis, Siobhan L. Crichton, Anthony G. Rudd, and Charles D. A. Wolfe, “Explanatory factors for the increased mortality of stroke patients with depression,” Neurology, vol. 83, no. 22, pp. 2007–2012, 2014.
- Francesco Bartoli, and Stefano Paolucci, “Association of depression and SSRIs with mortality after stroke,” Neurology, vol. 83, no. 22, pp. 1998–1999, 2014.
- Rahul R. Karamchandani, Farhaan Vahidy, Suhas Bajgur, Kim Yen Thi Vu, H. Alex Choi, Robert Kirk Hamilton, Mohammad H. Rahbar, and Sean I. Savitz, “Early Depression Screening Is Feasible in Hospitalized Stroke Patients,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Richard A. Burns, Peter Butterworth, Colette Browning, Julie Byles, Mary Luszcz, Paul Mitchell, Jonathan Shaw, and Kaarin J. Anstey, “Examination of the association between mental health, morbidity, and mortality in late life: findings from longitudinal community surveys,” International Psychogeriatrics, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 739–746, 2015.
- Ioan Humphreys, Shirley Thomas, Ceri Phillips, and Nadina Lincoln, “Cost analysis of the Communication and Low Mood (CALM) randomised trial of behavioural therapy for stroke patients with aphasia,” Clinical Rehabilitation, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 30–41, 2015.