- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 681209, 6 pages
Predictors of In-Hospital Mortality for Stroke in Douala, Cameroon
1Douala General Hospital, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Douala, Douala, Cameroon
2Douala General Hospital, Institut des Sciences de la Santé, Université des Montagnes, Douala, Cameroon
3Douala General Hospital, Douala, Cameroon
4Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Douala, Douala, Cameroon
5Department of Internal Medicine in Douala General Hospital, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, The University of Yaoundé I, Douala, Cameroon
6Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Douala, Douala, Cameroon
7Department of Neurology, Yaoundé Central Hospital & Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaoundé I, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Received 28 November 2013; Revised 26 December 2013; Accepted 31 December 2013; Published 25 February 2014
Academic Editor: Chelsea Kidwell
Copyright © 2014 N. Y. Mapoure et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Thiam, F. Sene-Diouf, A. K. Diallo et al., “Aetiological aspects of neurological diseases in Dakar: follow-up after 10 years (1986–1995),” Dakar medical, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 167–172, 2000.
- D. Silberberg and E. Katabira, “Neurological disorders,” in Disease and Mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa, D. T. Jamison, R. G. Feachem, and M. W. Makgoba, Eds., World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2nd edition, 2006.
- K. Touré, S. N. Diagne, B. L. Seck et al., “Predictors of stroke mortality at the department of neurology, fann university teaching hospital, Dakar-Senegal,” African Journal of Neurological Sciences, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 325–334, 2010.
- P. Kouna Ndouongo, A. Millogo, F. D. P. Siéméfo Kamgang, and Y. Assengone-Zeh, “Epidemiological features and outcome of stroke at Libreville Hospital (Gabon),” African Journal of Neurological Sciences, vol. 26, pp. 122–130, 2007.
- M. A. Komolafe, E. O. Komolafe, F. Fatoye et al., “Profile of stroke in Nigerians: a prospective clinical study,” African Journal of Neurological Sciences, vol. 27, pp. 360–365, 2007.
- M. V. Baptista, G. van Melle, and J. Bogousslavsky, “Prediction of in-hospital mortality after first-ever stroke: the Lausanne Stroke Registry,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol. 166, no. 2, pp. 107–114, 1999.
- P. Langhorne, D. J. Stott, L. Robertson et al., “Medical complications after stroke: a multicenter study,” Stroke, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 1223–1229, 2000.
- K. S. Wong, “Risk factors for early death in acute ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage: a prospective hospital-based study in Asia,” Stroke, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 2326–2330, 1999.
- P. U. Heuschmann, P. L. Kolominsky-Rabas, B. Misselwitz et al., “Predictors of in-hospital mortality and attributable risks of death after ischemic stroke: the German Stroke Registers Study Group,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 164, no. 16, pp. 1761–1768, 2004.
- K. Nedeltcheva, N. Renza, A. Karamesheva et al., “Predictors of early mortality after acute ischaemic stroke,” Swiss Medical Weekly, vol. 140, no. 17-18, pp. 254–259, 2010.