- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 762389, 4 pages
Y-Stenting for Bifurcation Aneurysm Coil Embolization: What is the Risk?
1Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, CSB 428, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
2Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Received 31 December 2013; Accepted 29 April 2014; Published 10 July 2014
Academic Editor: Moneeb Ehtesham
Copyright © 2014 Alejandro M. Spiotta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. Chow, H. H. Woo, T. J. Masaryk, and P. A. Rasmussen, “A novel endovascular treatment of a wide-necked basilar apex aneurysm by using a Y-configuration, double-stent technique,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 509–512, 2004.
- E. Akgul, E. Aksungur, T. Balli et al., “Y-stent-assisted coil embolization of wide-neck intracranial aneurysms. A single center experience.,” Interventional Neuroradiology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 36–48, 2011.
- N. Chalouhi, P. Jabbour, L. F. Gonzalez et al., “Safety and efficacy of endovascular treatment of basilar tip aneurysms by coiling with and without stent assistance: a review of 235 cases,” Neurosurgery, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 785–794, 2012.
- Y. D. Cho, S. Park, J. Y. Lee et al., “Nonoverlapping Y-configuration stenting technique with dual closed-cell stents in wide-neck basilar tip aneurysms,” Neurosurgery, vol. 70, no. 2, supplement, pp. 244–249, 2012.
- Z. M. Darkhabani, M. A. Lazzaro, and O. O. Zaidat, “Pericallosal artery aneurysm treatment using Y-configuration stent-assisted coil embolization: a report of four cases,” Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 459–462, 2012.
- K. M. Fargen, J. Mocco, D. Neal et al., “A multicenter study of stent-assisted coiling of cerebral aneurysms with a Y configuration,” Neurosurgery, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 466–472, 2013.
- M. Martínez-Galdámez, P. Saura, J. Saura, A. Martinez, J. M. de Campos, and A. Pérez, “Y-stent-assisted coil embolization of anterior circulation aneurysms using two solitaire AB devices: a single center experience,” Interventional Neuroradiology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 158–163, 2012.
- A. S. Muda, A. R. M. Ralib, Y. Yaacob, R. Zakaria, and A. A. Bakar, “Y-stent-assisted coil embolisation of wide-necked aneurysms using a new fully retrievable and detachable intracranial stent: report of two cases,” Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 90–96, 2011.
- E. Perez-Arjona and R. D. Fessler, “Basilar artery to bilateral posterior cerebral artery “Y stenting” for endovascular reconstruction of wide-necked basilar apex aneurysms: report of three cases,” Neurological Research, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 276–281, 2004.
- S. Rohde, M. Bendszus, M. Hartmann, and S. Hähnel, “Treatment of a wide-necked aneurysm of the anterior cerebral artery using two Enterprise stents in “y”-configuration stenting technique and coil embolization: a technical note,” Neuroradiology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 231–235, 2010.
- S. Sani, D. K. Lopes, J. U. Howington, L. N. Hopkins, and G. P. Teitelbaum, “Treatment of a middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysm using a double neuroform stent “Y” configuration and coil embolization: technical case report,” Neurosurgery, vol. 57, supplement, no. 1, p. E209, 2005.
- A. M. Spiotta, R. Gupta, D. Fiorella et al., “Mid-term results of endovascular coiling of wide-necked aneurysms using double stents in a Y configuration,” Neurosurgery, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 421–429, 2011.
- W. E. Thorell, M. M. Chow, H. H. Woo, T. J. Masaryk, and P. A. Rasmussen, “Y-configured dual intracranial stent-assisted coil embolization for the treatment of wide-necked basilar tip aneurysms,” Neurosurgery, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1035–1040, 2005.
- K. J. Zhao, P. F. Yang, Q. H. Huang et al., “Y-configuration stent placement (crossing and kissing) for endovascular treatment of wide-neck cerebral aneurysms located at 4 different bifurcation sites,” The American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1310–1316, 2012.
- R. T. Higashida, W. Smith, D. Gress et al., “Intravascular stent and endovascular coil placement for a ruptured fusiform aneurysm of the basilar artery. Case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 944–949, 1997.
- M. Aenis, A. P. Stancampiano, A. K. Wakhloo, and B. B. Lieber, “Modeling of flow in a straight stented and nonstented side wall aneurysm model,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 206–212, 1997.
- I. Wanke and M. Forsting, “Stents for intracranial wide-necked aneurysms: More than mechanical protection,” Neuroradiology, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 991–998, 2008.
- A. M. Spiotta, A. M. Wheeler, S. Smithason, F. Hui, and S. Moskowitz, “Comparison of techniques for stent assisted coil embolization of aneurysms,” Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 339–344, 2012.