- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 159083, 9 pages
Coupling of Modular High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactor with Supercritical Rankine Cycle
1Institute of Nuclear and New Energy Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2China Ship Development and Design Center, Zhi Yan Road 268, Wuhan 430064, China
3Department of Computer, Hu Bei University of Economics, Yanghu Road 1, Wuhan 430205, China
Received 24 May 2007; Accepted 25 March 2008
Academic Editor: Nusret Aksan
Copyright © 2008 Shutang Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. H. Zhang, “An analysis on problems of the energy utilization efficiency in China's power industry,” Energy of China, vol. 6, 2006.
- H. Z. Zhang, “Peaceful uses of nuclear energy in China: achievements and prospects,” in Proceedings of the 13th Pacific Basin Nuclear Conference (PBNC '02), Shenzhen, China, October 2002.
- US DOE, “A technology roadmap for Gen-IV nuclear energy systems,” GIF-002-00, 2002.
- J. Yoo, Y. Ishiwatari, Y. Oka, and J. Liu, “Conceptual design of compact supercritical water-cooled fast reactor with thermal hydraulic coupling,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, vol. 33, no. 11-12, pp. 945–956, 2006.
- Y. Oka, S. Koshizuka, Y. Okano, et al., “Design concepts of light water cooled reactors operating at supercritical pressure for technological innovation,” in Proceedings of the 10th Pacific Basin Nuclear Conference (PBNC '96), vol. 1, pp. 779–786, Kobe, Japan, October 1996.
- Y. Oka and S. Koshizuka, “Supercritical-pressure, once-through cycle light water cooled reactor concept,” Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 1081–1089, 2001.
- Y. Oka, S. Koshizuka, Y. Ishiwatari, and A. Yamaji, “Conceptual design of high temperature reactor cooled by supercritical light water,” in Proceedings of the International Congress of Advanced Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP '03), Cordoba, Spain, May 2003.
- D. Squarer, T. Schulenberg, D. Struwe, et al., “High performance light water reactor,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 221, no. 1–3, pp. 167–180, 2003.
- R. B. Duffey and I. L. Pioro, “Advanced high temperature concepts for pressure tube reactors, including co-generation and sustainability,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Topical Meeting on High Temperature Reactor Technology (HTR '06), pp. 1–12, Johannesburg, South Africa, October 2006.
- T. Schulenberg, H. Wider, and M. A. Fütterer, “Electricity production in nuclear power plants—Rankine vs. Brayton Cycles,” in ANS/ENC International Winter Meeting, pp. 1221–1227, New Orleans, La, USA, November 2003.
- H. L. Brey, “Development history of the gas turbine modular high temperature reactor,” in Proceedings of the IAEA Technical Committee Meeting on Gas Turbine Power Conversion Systems for Modular HTGRs, pp. 25–49, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, November 2000.
- I. A. Weisbrodt, “Inherently Safety Design Features of the HTR-Module,” IAEA-CN-48/125, 2003.
- G. H. Lohnert, H. Nabielek, and W. Schenk, “The fuel element of the HTR-Module, a prerequisite of an inherently safe reactor,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on HTGR's, San Diego, Calif, USA, September 1988, paper 24.
- I. Paul, “A Technology Successfully Deployed in Developing Countries,” 2004, http://www.worldbank.org/html/fpd/em/supercritical/supercritical.htm#link2.
- UK DTI, “Best Practice Brochure (BPB010): Advanced Power Plant Using High Efficiency Boiler/Turbine,” 2005.
- UK DTI, “Technology Status Report (TSR009): Supercritical steam cycles for power generation applications,” 1999.
- M. Upton, “Anthracite PF firing goes Supercritical,” in Proceedings of China Power Conference & Exhibition, Beijing, China, August 2005.