- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 347320, 6 pages
Wind Turbine Blade Nondestructive Testing with a Transportable Radiography System
1Laboratory of Nuclear Technology, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, School of Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Kimmeria Campus, Xanthi 67100, Greece
2Department of Electrical Engineering, Kavala Institute of Technology, Agios Loukas, Kavala 65404, Greece
Received 17 November 2010; Revised 27 January 2011; Accepted 28 February 2011
Academic Editor: Luigi Petrizzi
Copyright © 2011 J. G. Fantidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Wind Energy Association, “World Wind Energy Report 2008,” February 2009, Retrieved March 2009.
- I. Cotton, B. McNiff, T. Soerenson, et al., “Lightning protection for wind turbines,” in Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Lightning Protection (ICLP '02), p. 848, Rhodes, Greece, 2000.
- W. J. Lewis, L. G. I. Bennett, T. R. Chalovick, and O. Francescone, “Neutron radiography of aircraft composite flight control surfaces,” in Proceedings of the 15th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Roma, Italy, October 2000.
- M. A. S. Pereira, F. Pugliesi, and R. Pugliesi, “Neutron induced radiography. A technique to inspect the internal structure of thin samples,” Brazilian Journal of Physics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 346–349, 2008.
- D. B. Pelowitz, “MCNPXTM User’s Manual Version 2.5.0,” 2005.
- J. G. Fantidis, G. E. Nicolaou, and N. F. Tsagas, “A transportable neutron radiography system based on a SbBe neutron source,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 606, no. 3, pp. 806–810, 2009.
- A. Patil, D. Santhosh, K. Vijay Sai, M. Sainath, and K. Venkataramaniah, “Precision measurements in Te following the decay of Sb,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 693–699, 2006.
- T. Bücherl, N. Kardjilov, C. L. Von Gostomski, E. Calzada, and A. M. ELGhobary, “A mobile neutron source based on the SbBe reaction,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 659–662, 2004.
- T. Bücherl, N. Kardjilov, CH. L. Von Gostomski, and E. Calzada, “Performance studies of a mobile neutron source based on the SbBe reaction,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 342–345, 2005.
- D. A. Gryaznykh, V. A. Lykov, and V. V. Plokhoi, “Estimations of neutron yield from beryllium target irradiated by SPring-8 hard synchrotron radiation,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 448, no. 1, pp. 106–108, 2000.
- S. Masalovich, A. Ioffe, M. Schlapp, H. Von Seggern, E. Küssel, and TH. Brückel, “Optimization of a neutron image plate detector with low γ-sensitivity,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 539, no. 1-2, pp. 236–249, 2005.
- G. A. Appleby, C. M. Bartle, G. V. M. Williams, and A. Edgar, “Lithium borate glass ceramics as thermal neutron imaging plates,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 389–392, 2006.
- R. A. Quinn and C. C. Sigl, Radiography in Modern Industry, Eastman Kodak, Rochester, Vt, USA, 4th edition, 2001.
- J. C. Domanus, Collimators for Thermal Neutron Radiography—An Overview, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1987.
- M. R. Hawkesworth, “Neutron radiography: equipment and methods,” Atomic Energy Review, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 169–220, 1977.
- M. Holmes and D. J. Just, GRP in Structural Engineering, Applied Science Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- J. G. Mohr and W. P. Rowe, Fiber Glass, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, NY, USA, 1978.
- Composites, Engineered Materials Handbook, vol. 21, ASM International, 1987.
- K. Gibbs, H. Berger, T. Jones, et al., “Flat panel imaging of thermal neutrons,” in Proceedings of the ASNT Fall Conference, October 1999.
- C. Muralidhar, S. N. Lukose, and M. P. Subramanian, “Evaluation of turbine blades using computed tomography,” in Proceedings of the National Seminar on Non-Destructive Evaluation, Hyderabad, India, December 2006.
- T. P. Sattar, H. L. Rodriguez, and B. Bridge, “Climbing ring robot for inspection of offshore wind turbines,” Industrial Robot, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 326–330, 2009.