- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 574514, 13 pages
CFD Recombiner Modelling and Validation on the H2-Par and Kali-H2 Experiments
1R&D Division, Electricité de France, 6 Quai Watier, 78400 Chatou, France
2INCKA, 85 avenue Pierre Grenier, 92100 Boulogne, France
Received 14 March 2011; Revised 29 April 2011; Accepted 6 May 2011
Academic Editor: Giorgio Galassi
Copyright © 2011 Stéphane Mimouni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Braillard , et al., “Generic model tests of passive autocatalytic recombiners (PARs) for combustible gaz control in nuclear power plants,” Technical note CEA Cadarache REF: EDF ND 1767, Volume 3, Test data for SIEMENS PARs.
- E. Bachellerie, F. Arnould, M. Auglaire et al., “Generic approach for designing and implementing a passive autocatalytic recombiner PAR-system in nuclear power plant containments,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 221, no. 1–3, pp. 151–165, 2003.
- G. Avakian and O. Braillard, “Theorical model of hydrogen recombiner for a nuclear power plant,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, 1999.
- F. Fineschi, M. Bazzichi, and M. Carcassi, “A study on the hydrogen recombination rates of catalytic recombiners and deliberate ignition,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 166, no. 3, pp. 481–494, 1996.
- J. Deng and X. W. Cao, “A study on evaluating a passive autocatalytic recombiner PAR-system in the PWR large-dry containment,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 238, no. 10, pp. 2554–2560, 2008.
- S. Kudriakov , et al., “The TONUS CFD Code for hydrogene risk analysis: physical models numerical schemes and validation matrix,” in Proceedings of the CFD for Nuclear Reactor Safety Applications Workshop (CFD4NRS '06), Garching, Germany, September 2006.
- S. Mimouni, M. Boucker, J. Laviéville, A. Guelfi, and D. Bestion, “Modelling and computation of cavitation and boiling bubbly flows with the NEPTUNE_CFD code,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 238, no. 3, pp. 680–692, 2008.
- F. Archambeau, N. Méchitoua, and M. Sakiz, “Code_Saturne: a finite volume code for the computation of turbulent incompressible flows—industrial application,” International Journal on Finite Volumes, vol. 1, 2004.
- M. Ishii, Thermo-Fluid Dynamic, Theory of Two Phase, Eyrolles, Collection de la Direction des Etudes et Recherches d’Electricité de France, 1975.
- A. Guelfi, D. Bestion, M. Boucker et al., “NEPTUNE: a new software platform for advanced nuclear thermal hydraulics,” Nuclear Science and Engineering, vol. 156, no. 3, pp. 281–324, 2007.
- N. Mechitoua, J. Lavieville, et al., “An unstructured finite volume solver for 2-phase water/vapor fows modelling based on an elliptic oriented fractional step method,” in Proceeding of the 10th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH '03), Seoul, South Korea, October 2003.
- S. Mimouni, A. Foissac, and J. Lavieville, “CFD modelling of wall steam condensation by a two-phase flow approach,” Nuclear Engineering and Design. In Press.
- W. E. Ranz and W. R. Marschall, “Evaporation from drops,” Chemical Engineering Progress, vol. 48, pp. 173–180, 1952.
- S. Mimouni, J.-S. Lamy, J. Lavieville, S. Guieu, and M. Martin, “Modelling of sprays in containment applications with a CMFD code,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 240, no. 9, pp. 2260–2270, 2010.
- S. Bachere and F. Duplat, “MAAP code description and validation,” Tech. Rep. ENTEAG030096A, Electricité de France, 2005.
- S. Mimouni, F. Archambeau, M. Boucker, J. Lavieville, and C. Morel, “A second order turbulence model based on a Reynolds stress approach for two-phase boiling flow and application to fuel assembly analysis,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 240, no. 9, pp. 2225–2232, 2010.
- J. Malet, L. Blumenfeld, S. Arnd, et al., “Sprays in containment: final results of the SARNET spray benchmark,” in Proceedings of the 3rd European Review Meeting on Severe Accident Research (ERMSAR '08), Nesseber, Bulgaria, September 2008.