- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 390758, 10 pages
Dynamic Analysis of a Pyroprocessing Coupled SFR Fuel Recycling
Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle Systems Analysis, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Yuseong, Daejeon 305-353, Republic of Korea
Received 2 February 2012; Revised 4 April 2012; Accepted 5 April 2012
Academic Editor: Massimo Salvatores
Copyright © 2012 Fanxing Gao and Won Il Ko. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. H. Park, F. Gao, E. H. Kwon, and W. I. Ko, “Comparative study of different nuclear fuel cycle options: quantitative analysis on material flow,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 6916–6924, 2011.
- G. Fanxing, Modeling and system analysis of different fuel cycles for nuclear power sustainability, Ph.D. thesis, Department of Quantum Energy and Chemical Engineering, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute Campus, Korea University of Science & Technology, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2012.
- DANESS v1.0 Users Manual, Argonne National Laboratory Nuclear Engineering Division, 2004.
- B. Dixon, S. Kim, D. Shropshire, S. Piet, G. Matthern, and B. Halsey, “Dynamic systems analysis report for nuclear fuel recycle,” Tech. Rep. INL/EXT-08-15201 Rev.1, 2008.
- W. I. Ko, Model development for quantitative evaluation of nuclear fuel cycle alternatives and its application, Ph.D. thesis, Department of Nuclear Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Republic of Korea, 2000.
- W. I. Ko, H. D. Kim, and M. S. Yang, “Advantages of irradiated DUPIC fuels from the perspective of environmental impact,” Nuclear Technology, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 123–139, 2002.
- Y. Ishiwatari, Y. Oka, and S. Koshizuka, “Breeding ratio analysis of a fast reactor cooled by supercritical light water,” Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 703–710, 2001.
- S. G. Hong, Y. Kim, and F. Venneri, “600 MWe sodium cooled fast reactor core designs for efficient TRU transmutation,” in Proceedings of the The Korean Nuclear Society Spring Meeting, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea, May 2006.
- M. Cometto, P. Wydler, and R. Chawla, “A comparative physics study of alternative long-term strategies for closure of the nuclear fuel cycle,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 413–429, 2004.
- T. Inoue, “Actinide recycling by pyro-process with metal fuel FBR for future nuclear fuel cycle system,” Progress in Nuclear Energy, vol. 40, no. 3-4, pp. 547–554, 2002.
- OECD/NEA, Uranium 2009: Resources, Production and Demand, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, Paris, France, 2009.
- OECD/NEA, The Economics of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, Paris, France, 1994.
- OECD/NEA, “Advanced nuclear fuel cycles and radioactive waste management,” Tech. Rep. 5990.OECD, Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), Paris, France, 2006.
- D. Shropshire, K. A. Williams, W. B. Boore, et al., “Advanced fuel cycle cost basis,” Tech. Rep. INL/EXT-07-12107, 2007.
- D. Shropshire, K. A. Williams, W. B. Boore, et al., “Advanced fuel cycle cost basis,” Tech. Rep. INL/EXT-07-12107 Rev.1, 2008.
- D. Shropshire, K. A. Williams, W. B. Boore, et al., “Advanced fuel cycle cost basis,” Tech. Rep. INL/EXT-07-12107 Rev.2, 2009.
- J. Deutch and E. Moniz, The Future of Nuclear Power: An Interdisciplinary MIT Study, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2003.
- M. Bunn, B. van der Zwaan, J. P. Holdren, and S. Fetter, “The economics of reprocessing vs. direct disposal of spent nuclear fuel,” Tech. Rep. DE-FG-26-99FT4028, 2003.
- H. Khatib, “Review of OECD study into ‘Projected costs of generating electricity-2010 Edition’,” Energy Policy, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 5403–5408, 2010.