- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 534541, 5 pages
Thermal Energetic Reactor with High Reproduction of Fission Materials
Department of Development and Test of Reactor Devices, Institute of Atomic Energy of NNC RK, Kurchatov 071100, Kazakhstan
Received 20 May 2011; Revised 6 September 2011; Accepted 5 December 2011
Academic Editor: Francesc Reventos
Copyright © 2012 Vladimir M. Kotov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Strategy of development of Russia atomic power in first half of XXI century,” Basic States. Ministry of Russian Federation of Atomic Power. 36 p. 2000. (in Russian).
- N. N. Ponomarev-Stepnoy, P. N. Alexeev, V. D. Davidenko, et al., “Comparison of development directions of nuclear energy in XXI century on the base of material balance,” Atomnaya Energiya, vol. 91, no. 5, p. 331, 2001 (Russian).
- A. Radkowsky, “Applying a thorium-based fuel to non-proliferative commercial light-water reactors,” Nuclear Europe Worldscan, vol. 5-6, p. 54, 2000.
- B. R. Bergelson, A. S. Gerasimov, G.V. Tihomirov, et al., “Fuel self-supplying regime (233U) for heavy water energy reactor CANDU type CANDU,” Atomnaya Energiya, vol. 97, no. 4, p. 269, 2004 (Russian).
- V. M. Kotov, S. V. Kotov, and L. N. Tihomirov, “Possibility of creation of thermal reactor with full usage of uranium and thorium row materials,” Atomnaya Energiya, vol. 95, no. 5, p. 338, 2003 (Russian).
- V. M. Kotov, S. V. Kotov, Z. S. Takibaev, and L. N. Tikhomirov, “Liquid-salt channel-type reactor with dynamic loading and core superposition,” Plasma Devices and Operations, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 213–221, 2005.
- V. M. Kotov, “Application of a volumetric neutron source to enhance the use of raw materials in nuclear power from thermal reactors,” Plasma Devices and Operations, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 219–224, 2007.
- O. D. Kazachkovski, V. I. Matveev, and M. F. Troyanov, “Determination of reproduction property of nuclear fuel in fast reactors,” Atomnaya Energiya, vol. 62, no. 6, p. 371, 1986 (Russian).
- MCNP/5: General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, Version 5, 2003.
- V. M. Kotov and R. A. Irkimbekov, “Calculation of campaign characteristics of power reactors,” NNC RK Bulletin, vol. 3, p. 118, 2011 (Russian).
- V. M. Kotov and S. V. Kotov, “Fission material reproduction in thermal reactors,” Atomnaya Energiya, vol. 71, no. 5, p. 145, 2007 (Russian).