- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 560513, 6 pages
Reversible Crystallization of Argatroban after Subcutaneous Application in Pigs
1Laboratorio de Hemostasia y Genetica Vascular, Centro de Bioquimica y Biofisica, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas (IVIC), Caracas 1020, Venezuela
2University Hospital Jena, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747 Jena, Germany
Received 2 May 2012; Accepted 17 July 2012
Academic Editor: Graham F. Pineo
Copyright © 2012 Mercedes Lopez and Goetz Nowak. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. I. Weitz, “Low-molecular-weight heparins,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 337, no. 10, pp. 688–698, 1997.
- T. E. Warkentin, “An overview of the heparin-induced thrombocytopenia syndrome,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 273–283, 2004.
- R. E. Cronin and R. F. Reilly, “Unfractionated heparin for hemodialysis: still the best option,” Seminars in Dialysis, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 510–515, 2010.
- M. Di Nisio, S. Middeldorp, and H. R. Büller, “Direct thrombin inhibitors,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 10, pp. 1028–1040, 2005.
- A. Greinacher and T. E. Warkentin, “The direct thrombin inhibitor hirudin,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 819–829, 2008.
- B. E. Lewis, D. E. Wallis, S. D. Berkowitz et al., “Argatroban anticoagulant therapy in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia,” Circulation, vol. 103, no. 14, pp. 1838–1843, 2001.
- K. McKeage and G. L. Plosker, “Argatroban,” Drugs, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 515–522, 2001.
- C. Lee and J. Ansell, “Direct thrombin inhibitors,” British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 72, pp. 581–592, 2011.
- S. Okamoto, A. Hijikata, R. Kikumoto et al., “Potent inhibition of thrombin by the newly synthesized arginine derivative No. 805. The importance of stereo-structure of its hydrophobic carboxamide portion,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 440–446, 1981.
- M. J. Hursting, K. L. Alford, J. C. P. Becker et al., “Novastan (brand of argatroban): a small-molecule, direct thrombin inhibitor,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 503–516, 1997.
- S. Kathiresan, J. Shiomura, and I. K. Jang, “Argatroban,” Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2002.
- S. K. Swan and M. J. Hursting, “The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of argatroban: effects of age, gender, and hepatic or renal dysfunction,” Pharmacotherapy, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 318–329, 2000.
- S. K. Swan, J. V. S. Peter, L. J. Lambrecht, and M. J. Hursting, “Comparison of anticoagulant effects and safety of argatroban and heparin in healthy subjects,” Pharmacotherapy, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 756–770, 2000.
- M. Lopez and G. Nowak, “Influence of renal and hepatic failure on the pharmacokinetics of argatroban: an experimental study in rats,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 103–107, 2008.
- P. C. A. Kam, N. Kaur, and C. L. Thong, “Direct thrombin inhibitors: pharmacology and clinical relevance,” Anaesthesia, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 565–574, 2005.
- G. Nowak and E. Bucha, “Quantitative determination of hirudin in blood and body fluids,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 197–202, 1996.
- U. Lange, G. Nowak, and E. Bucha, “Ecarin chromogenic assay— a new method for quantitative determination of direct thrombin inhibitors like hirudin,” Pathophysiology of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 184–191, 2003.
- M. Rowland and T. Tozer, Clinical pharmacokinetics. Concepts and applications, Lippincott Williams Wilkins, 3rd edition, 1995.
- J. Hirsh and R. Raschke, “Heparin and low-molecular-weight heparin: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy,” Chest, vol. 126, no. 3, supplement, pp. 188S–203S, 2004.
- J. Hirsh, K. A. Bauer, M. B. Donati, et al., “Parenteral anticoagulants: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines,” Chest, vol. 133, supplement, no. 6, pp. 141S–159S, 2008.
- F. Schiele, A. Vuillemenot, T. Mouhat et al., “Subcutaneous recombinant hirudin in the treatment of deep venous thrombosis: a pharmacokinetic study,” Archives des Maladies du Coeur et des Vaisseaux, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 329–335, 1995.
- G. Lefèvre, M. Duval, S. Gauron et al., “Effect of renal impairment on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of desirudin,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 50–59, 1997.
- J. Humphries, C. Lattimer, A. Smith et al., “High and constant plasma levels of tissue plasminogen activator and PEG- hirudin can be achieved by subcutaneous delivery,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 123–129, 1997.
- H. U. Esslinger, S. Haas, R. Maurer, A. Lassmann, K. Dübbers, and H. Müller-Peltzer, “Pharmacodynamic and safety results of PEG-Hirudin in healthy volunteers,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 911–919, 1997.
- M. L. Brader, M. Sukumar, A. H. Pekar et al., “Hybrid insulin cocrystals for controlled release delivery,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 800–804, 2002.
- A. Jen, K. Madörin, K. Vosbeck, T. Arvinte, and H. P. Merkle, “Transforming growth factor β-3 crystals as reservoirs for slow release of active TGF-β3,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 78, no. 1–3, pp. 25–34, 2002.
- P. J. MacMahon, S. J. Eustace, and E. C. Kavanagh, “Injectable corticosteroid and local anesthetic preparations: a review for radiologists,” Radiology, vol. 252, no. 3, pp. 647–661, 2009.
- A. Tripodi, V. Chantarangkul, A. A. Arbini, M. Moia, and P. M. Mannucci, “Effects of hirudin on activated partial thromboplastin time determined with ten different reagents,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 286–288, 1993.
- R. C. Gosselin, W. E. Dager, J. H. King et al., “Effect of direct thrombin inhibitors, bivalirudin, lepirudin, and argatroban, on prothrombin time and INR values,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 593–599, 2004.