- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 210676, 11 pages
Cerebral Vein Thrombosis Misdiagnosed and Mismanaged
Department of Medicine and Haematology, Calicut Medical College, Calicut 673008, Kerala, India
Received 6 November 2011; Accepted 20 December 2011
Academic Editor: Debra A. Hoppensteadt
Copyright © 2012 P. K. Sasidharan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Schaller and R. Graf, “Cerebral venous infarction: the pathophysiological concept,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 179–188, 2004.
- M. G. Bousser, J. Chiras, J. Bories, and P. Castaigne, “Cerebral venous thrombosis—a review of 38 cases,” Stroke, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 199–213, 1985.
- P. Canhão, J. M. Ferro, A. G. Lindgren, M. G. Bousser, J. Stam, and F. Barinagarrementeria, “Causes and predictors of death in cerebral venous thrombosis,” Stroke, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1720–1725, 2005.
- P. K. Sasidharan and A. Mohammed, “Cortical vein thrombosis due to acquired hyperhomocyseteinemia,” The National Medical Journal of India, vol. 22, no. 6, 2009.
- J. M. Coutinho, J. M. Ferro, P. Canhão et al., “Cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis in women,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 2356–2361, 2009.
- S. F. T. M. De Bruijn, J. Stam, and L. J. Kappelle, “Thunderclap headache as first symptom of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis,” Lancet, vol. 348, no. 9042, pp. 1623–1625, 1996.
- J. M. Ferro, P. Canhão, J. Stam, M. G. Bousser, and F. Barinagarrementeria, “Prognosis of cerebral vein and dural sinus thrombosis: results of the International Study on Cerebral Vein and Dural Sinus Thrombosis (ISCVT),” Stroke, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 664–670, 2004.
- R. H. Ayanzen, C. R. Bird, P. J. Keller, F. J. McCully, M. R. Theobald, and J. E. Heiserman, “Cerebral MR venography: normal anatomy and potential diagnostic pitfalls,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 74–78, 2000.
- J. M. Ferro, P. Canhão, M. G. Bousser, J. Stam, and F. Barinagarrementeria, “Early seizures in cerebral vein and dural sinus thrombosis: risk factors and role of antiepileptics,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 1152–1158, 2008.
- R. Sztajzel, A. Coeytaux, A. R. Dehdashti, J. Delavelle, and M. Sinnreich, “Subarachnoid hemorrhage: a rare presentation of cerebral venous thrombosis,” Headache, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 889–891, 2001.
- H. T. S. Benamer and I. Bone, “Cerebral venous thrombosis: anticoagulants or thrombolyic therapy?” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 427–430, 2000.
- S. F. T. M. De Bruijn and J. Stam, “Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of anticoagulant treatment with low-molecular-weight heparin for cerebral sinus thrombosis,” Stroke, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 484–488, 1999.
- K. M. Einhaupl, A. Villringer, W. Meister et al., “Heparin treatment in sinus venous thrombosis,” Lancet, vol. 338, no. 8767, pp. 597–600, 1991.
- M. Horowitz, P. Purdy, H. Unwin et al., “Treatment of dural sinus thrombosis using selective catheterization and urokinase,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 58–67, 1995.
- K. Einhäupl, M. G. Bousser, S. F. T. M. De Bruijn et al., “EFNS guideline on the treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 553–559, 2006.
- H. R. Büller, G. Agnelli, R. D. Hull, T. M. Hyers, M. H. Prins, and G. E. Raskob, “Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy,” Chest, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 401S–428S, 2004.