- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Tuberculosis Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 289136, 7 pages
Antimycobacterial Activities of Novel 5-(1H-1,2,3-Triazolyl)Methyl Oxazolidinones
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
2Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
Received 17 November 2011; Accepted 14 February 2012
Academic Editor: Zarir Farokh Udwadia
Copyright © 2012 Oludotun Adebayo Phillips et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WHO, “The U.S government and global tuberculosis,” Fact Sheet, March 2011.
- WHO, “The global tuberculosis epidemic,” Fact Sheet, November 2010.
- A. Koul, E. Arnoult, N. Lounis, J. Guillemont, and K. Andries, “The challenge of new drug discovery for tuberculosis,” Nature, vol. 469, no. 7331, pp. 483–490, 2011.
- WHO, “The global tuberculosis epidemic,” Fact Sheet, no. 104, November 2010.
- A. Matteelli, A. C. C. Carvalho, K. E. Dooley, and A. Kritski, “TMC207: The first compound of a new class of potent anti-tuberculosis drugs,” Future Microbiology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 849–858, 2010.
- G. F. Schecter, C. Scott, L. True, A. Raftery, J. Flood, and S. Mase, “Linezolid in the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 49–55, 2010.
- E. C. Rivers and R. L. Mancera, “New anti-tuberculosis drugs in clinical trials with novel mechanisms of action,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 13, no. 23-24, pp. 1090–1098, 2008.
- W. W. Yew, M. Cynamon, and Y. Zhang, “Emerging drugs for the treatment of tuberculosis,” Expert Opinion on Emerging Drugs, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 2011.
- O. A. Phillips, E. E. Udo, A. A. M. Ali, and N. Al-Hassawi, “Synthesis and antibacterial activity of 5-substituted oxazolidinones,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2003.
- O. A. Phillips, E. E. Udo, A. A. M. Ali, and S. M. Samuel, “Synthesis and antibacterial activity of new N-linked 5-triazolylmethyl oxazolidinones,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 4113–4123, 2005.
- O. A. Phillips, E. E. Udo, A. A. M. Ali, and S. M. Samuel, “Structure-antibacterial activity of arylcarbonyl- and arylsulfonyl-piperazine 5-triazolylmethyl oxazolidinones,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 214–225, 2007.
- O. A. Phillips, E. E. Udo, and S. M. Samuel, “Synthesis and structure-antibacterial activity of triazolyl oxazolidinones containing long chain acyl moiety,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1095–1104, 2008.
- F. Reck, F. Zhou, M. Girardot et al., “Identification of 4-substituted 1,2,3-triazoles as novel oxazolidinone antibacterial agents with reduced activity against monoamine oxidase A,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 499–506, 2005.
- S. I. Hauck, C. Cederberg, A. Doucette et al., “New carbon-linked azole oxazolidinones with improved potency and pharmacokinetics,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 337–340, 2007.
- “Tuberculosis antimicrobial acquisition and coordinating facility (TAACF),” http://www.taacf.org/.
- L. A. Collins and S. G. Franzblau, “Microplate Alamar blue assay versus BACTEC 460 system for high- throughput screening of compounds against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1004–1009, 1997.
- U. Das, S. Das, B. Bandy, J. P. Stables, and J. R. Dimmock, “N-Aroyl-3,5-bis(benzylidene)-4-piperidones: A novel class of antimycobacterial agents,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 3602–3607, 2008.
- O. A. Phillips, L. H. Sharaf, M. E. Abdel-Hamid, and R. Varghese, “Assessment of the stability of novel antibacterial triazolyl oxazolidinones using a stability-indicating high-performance liquid chromatography method,” Medical Principles and Practice, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 51–59, 2011.