- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Tuberculosis Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 834836, 5 pages
Assessment of Status of rpoB Gene in FNAC Samples of Tuberculous Lymphadenitis by Real-Time PCR
1Department of Pathology, University College of Medical Sciences, Shahdara, Delhi 110095, India
2Directorate of Health Services, Government of NCT of Delhi, Karkardoma, Delhi 110032, India
Received 5 February 2012; Revised 13 May 2012; Accepted 14 May 2012
Academic Editor: W. N. Rom
Copyright © 2012 Amita Raoot and Geeta Dev. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Tuberculosis Control in the South-East Asia Region 2012,” WHO 70-71, http://www.searo.who.int/linkfiles/tuberculosis_who-tb-report-2012.pdf.
- WHO/IUATLD, “Global Project on Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Resistance Surveillance (1999–2000). Drug Resistance in World,” Global Report 3, WHO/CDS/TB/2004, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- H. Soini and J. M. Musser, “Molecular diagnosis of mycobacteria,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 809–814, 2001.
- S. Ramaswamy and J. M. Musser, “Molecular genetic basis of antimicrobial agent resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis: 1998 update,” Tubercle and Lung Disease, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 3–29, 1998.
- P. S. Bernard, A. Reiser, and G. H. Pritham, “Mutation detection by Fluorescent hybridization probe melting curve,” in Rapid Cycles Real-Time PCR, Methods and Applications, S. Muer, C. Wittwer, and K. Nakagawara, Eds., pp. 11–19, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2001.
- A. K. Gupta, M. Nayar, and M. Chandra, “Critical appraisal of fine needle aspiration cytology in tuberculous lymphadenitis,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 391–394, 1992.
- D. Van Sooligen, P. Hermans, W. de Haas, and J. D. van Embben, RFLP Analysis of Mycobacteria. Manual for Fingerprinting of M. tuberculosis Strains, National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection, Bilthoven, The Netherlands, 1995.
- D. Parashar, D. S. Chauhan, V. D. Sharma, and V. M. Katoch, “Applications of real-time PCR technology to mycobacterial research,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 124, pp. 385–398, 2006.
- G. Suman, K. Jamil, K. Suseela, and M. C. H. Vamsy, “Novel mutations of CYP3A4 in fine needle aspiration cytology samples of breast cancer patients and its clinical correlations,” Cancer Biomarkers, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 33–40, 2009.
- M. Espasa, J. González-Martín, F. Alcaide et al., “Direct detection in clinical samples of multiple gene mutations causing resistance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to isoniazid and rifampicin using fluorogenic probes,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 860–865, 2005.
- M. Ruiz, M. J. Torres, A. C. Llanos, A. Arroyo, J. C. Palomares, and J. Aznar, “Direct detection of rifampin- and isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in auramine-rhodamine-positive sputum specimens by real-time PCR,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1585–1589, 2004.
- N. Lemaître, S. Armand, A. Vachée, O. Capilliez, C. Dumoulin, and R. J. Courcol, “Comparison of the real-time PCR method and the gen-probe amplified Mycobacterium tuberculosis direct test for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in pulmonary and nonpulmonary specimens,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 4307–4309, 2004, Comparative study of real-time PCR with the amplified MTD method in clinical samples.
- F. Broccolo, P. Scarpellini, G. Locatelli et al., “Rapid diagnosis of mycobacterial infections and quantitation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis load by two real-time calibrated PCR assays,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 4565–4572, 2003.
- D. J. Jin and C. A. Gross, “Mapping and sequencing of mutations in the Escherichia coli rpoB gene that lead to rifampicin resistance,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 45–58, 1988.
- D. J. Jin and C. A. Gross, “Characterization of the pleiotropic phenotypes of rifampin-resistant rpoB mutants of Escherichia coli,” Journal of Bacteriology, vol. 171, no. 9, pp. 5229–5231, 1989.
- N. Siddiqi, M. Shamim, S. Hussain et al., “Molecular Characterization of Multidrug-Resistant Isolates ofMycobacterium tuberculosisfrom Patients in North India,” 2002, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 443–450.
- D. L. Williams, C. Waguespack, K. Eisenach et al., “Characterization of rifampin resistance in pathogenic mycobacteria,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 2380–2386, 1994.
- C. Mani, N. Selvakumar, S. Narayanan, and P. R. Narayanan, “Mutations in the rpoB gene of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates from India,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 2987–2990, 2001.
- A. Mercy, L. Lingala, A. Srikantam, S. Jain, K. V. S. M. Rao, and P. V. R. Rao, “Clinical and geographical profiles of rpoB gene mutations inMycobacterium tuberculosisisolates from Hyderabad and Koraput in India,” Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 13, 2010.
- D. V. Gadre, U. R. Singh, K. Saxena, A. Bhatia, and V. Talwar, “Diagnosis of tubercular cervical lymphadenitis by FNAC, microscopy and culture,” Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 25–27, 1991.
- J. E. Clarridge, R. M. Shawar, T. M. Shinnick, and B. B. Plikaytis, “Large-scale use of polymerase chain reaction for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a routine mycobacteriology laboratory,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 2049–2056, 1993.
- S. P. Pamra and G. P. Mathur, “A cooperative study of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 1631–1646, 1974.