- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 11 (2011), Pages 1568-1581
Current Status of Human Adipose–Derived Stem Cells: Differentiation into Hepatocyte-Like Cells
1Department of Toxicology, Center for Pharmaceutical Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Brussels, Belgium
2Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Arab American University (AAUJ), Jenin, Palestine
Received 18 April 2011; Revised 18 July 2011; Accepted 6 August 2011
Academic Editor: Martin Goette
Copyright © 2011 Feras Al Battah et al.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Noor Hayaty Abu Kasim, Vijayendran Govindasamy, Nareshwaran Gnanasegaran, Sabri Musa, Padmaja Jayaprasad Pradeep, Thekkeparambil Chandrabose Srijaya, and Zeti Adura Che Ab. Aziz, “Unique molecular signatures influencing the biological function and fate of post-natal stem cells isolated from different sources,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2012.
- Sung Keun Kang, Il Seob Shin, Myung Soon Ko, Jung Youn Jo, and Jeong Chan Ra, “Journey of Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Homing: Strategies to Enhance Efficacy and Safety of Stem Cell Therapy,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Alexandra Roman, Andrada Şoancă, Adrian Florea, and Emőke Páll, “In Vitro Characterization of Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Isolated from Palatal Subepithelial Tissue Grafts,” Microscopy and Microanalysis, vol. 19, no. 02, pp. 370–380, 2013.
- Yunsong Liu, Yan Zhao, Xiao Zhang, Tong Chen, Xianghui Zhao, Gui-E. Ma, and Yongsheng Zhou, “Flow Cytometric Cell Sorting and In Vitro Pre-Osteoinduction Are Not Requirements for In Vivo Bone Formation by Human Adipose-Derived Stromal Cells,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 2, 2013.
- Xiaoqing Hu, Xin Zhang, Linghui Dai, Jingxian Zhu, Zhuqing Jia, Weiping Wang, Chunyan Zhou, and Yingfang Ao, “ Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor Trichostatin A Promotes the Osteogenic Differentiation of Rat Adipose-Derived Stem Cells by Altering the Epigenetic Modifications on Runx2 Promoter in a BMP Signaling-Dependent Manner ,” Stem Cells and Development, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 248–255, 2013.
- Enrico Lucarelli, Franca Fagioli, Laura de Girolamo, Franco Locatelli, Rita Maccario, Mario Marazzi, Augusto Pessina, Giulio Alessandri, Ettore Biagi, Maria Ester Bernardo, Giovanna D'Amico, Ivana Ferrero, Ornella Parolini, Maria Luisa Torre, Maria Antonietta Avanzini, and Anna Teresa Brini, “Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells: A New "Cells as Drugs" Paradigm. Efficacy and Critical Aspects in Cell Therapy,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 19, no. 13, pp. 2459–2473, 2013.
- Eva Koellensperger, Willem Niesen, Jonas Kolbenschlag, Felix Gramley, Guenter Germann, and Uwe Leimer, “Human Adipose Tissue Derived Stem Cells Promote Liver Regeneration in a Rat Model of Toxic Injury,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Kushagra Gupta, Anja Hergrueter, and Caroline A Owen, “Adipose-derived stem cells weigh in as novel therapeutics for acute lung injury,” Stem Cell Research and Therapy, vol. 4, no. 1, 2013.
- Effat Alizadeh, Nosratollah Zarghami, Mohamadreza Baghaban Eslaminejad, Abolfazl Akbarzadeh, Abolfazl Barzegar, and Seyed Abolghasem Mohammadi, “The effect of dimethyl sulfoxide on hepatic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells,” Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- K. Froelich, R. Hagen, and N. Kleinsasser, “Adipose-derived Stromal Cells (ASC) - Basics and Therapeutic Approaches in Otorhinolaryngology,” Laryngo-Rhino-Otologie, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 369–380, 2014.
- Leo Li-Ying Chan, Donald A. Cohen, Dmitry Kuksin, Benjamin D. Paradis, and Jean Qiu, “Automated Enumeration and Viability Measurement of Canine Stromal Vascular Fraction Cells Using Fluorescence-Based Image Cytometry Method,” Journal of Fluorescence, 2014.
- Haitao Wu, Dongju Han, Zhengan Jiang, Dongwei Zhao, Meng Liu, Xingzhou Xu, Xia Liu, Lin Yang, Xuemei Ji, Mingyan Wang, and Shuangquan Zhang, “Equine adipose-derived stem cell (ASC) expresses BAFF and its receptors, which may be associated with the differentiation process of ASC towards adipocyte,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 365–372, 2014.
- Xiaoqing Hu, Yutuo Fu, Xin Zhang, Linghui Dai, Jingxian Zhu, Zhenggang Bi, Yingfang Ao, and Chunyan Zhou, “Histone deacetylase inhibitor sodium butyrate promotes the osteogenic differentiation of rat adipose-derived stem cells,” Development, Growth & Differentiation, 2014.
- Sandra Rothemund, Tamara B. Aigner, Aitziber Iturmendi, Maria Rigau, Branislav Husár, Florian Hildner, Eleni Oberbauer, Martina Prambauer, Gbenga Olawale, Reinhard Forstner, Robert Liska, Klaus R. Schröder, Oliver Brüggemann, and Ian Teasdale, “Degradable Glycine-Based Photo-Polymerizable Polyphosphazenes for Use as Scaffolds for Tissue Regeneration,” Macromolecular Bioscience, 2014.
- Dan Xu, Toshihiko Nishimura, Ming Zheng, Manhong Wu, Hua Su, Noboru Sato, Gordon Lee, Sara Michie, Jeffrey Glenn, and Gary Peltz, “Enabling Autologous Human Liver Regeneration With Differentiated Adipocyte Stem Cells,” Cell Transplantation, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1573–1584, 2014.
- Jorge Ribeiro, Tiago Pereira, Irina Amorim, Ana Rita Caseiro, Maria A. Lopes, Joana Lima, Andrea Gartner, Jose Domingos Santos, Paulo J. Bartolo, Jorge Manuel Rodrigues, Ana Colette Mauricio, and Ana Lucia Luis, “Cell Therapy with Human MSCs Isolated from the Umbilical Cord Wharton Jelly Associated to a PVA Membrane in the Treatment of Chronic Skin Wounds,” International Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 979–987, 2014.
- Bruna Maria Manzini, Adriana da Silva Santos Duarte, Sundararaj Sankaramanivel, Aline Lisie Ramos, Paulo Latuf-Filho, Cecilia Escanhoela, Paulo Kharmandayan, Sara Teresinha Olalla Saad, Ilka Boin, and Ângela Cristina Malheiros Luzo, “Useful properties of undifferentiated mesenchymal stromal cells and adipose tissue as the source in liver-regenerative therapy studied in an animal model of severe acute fulminant hepatitis,” Cytotherapy, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1052–1065, 2015.
- Emöke Páll, Adrian Florea, Olga Soriţău, Mihai Cenariu, Adrian S. Petruţiu, and Alexandra Roman, “Comparative Assessment of Oral Mesenchymal Stem Cells Isolated from Healthy and Diseased Tissues,” Microscopy and Microanalysis, pp. 1–15, 2015.
- Truong Hai Nhung, Nguyen Hai Nam, Nguyen Thi Kim Nguyen, Huynh Nghia, Nguyen Van Thanh, Phan Kim Ngoc, and Phuc Van Pham, “A comparison of the chemical and liver extract-induced hepatic differentiation of adipose derived stem cells,” In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Animal, 2015.
- Mi-Jeong Kwon, Seok-Jin Kang, Young-Il Park, Yool-Hee Yang, Sa-Ik Bang, Yong Ho Park, ByungJae So, Myung-Haing Cho, and Hwan-Goo Kang, “Hepatic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells and adverse effects of arsanilic acid and acetaminophen during in vitro hepatic developmental stage,” Cell Biology and Toxicology, 2015.
- Po-Cheng Lin, Tzyy-Wen Chiou, Zung-Sheng Lin, Ko-Chang Huang, Yi-Chun Lin, Pi-Chun Huang, Wan-Sin Syu, Horng-Jyh Harn, and Shinn-Zong Lin, “A Proposed Novel Stem Cell Therapy Protocol for Liver Cirrhosis,” Cell Transplantation, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 533–540, 2015.