- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173829, 10 pages
A Critical View of Current State of Phytotechnologies to Remediate Soils: Still a Promising Tool?
1Departamento de Ciencia y Tecnología Agraria, Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, Paseo Alfonso XIII, 48-30203 Cartagena, Spain
2Institute of Terrestrial Ecosystems, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich), Universitaestrasse 16, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
3Agriculture and Life Sciences, Lincoln University, Lincoln, Canterbury 7647, New Zealand
Received 7 October 2011; Accepted 2 November 2011
Academic Editors: R. Clemente and J. Ruelas-Inzunza
Copyright © 2012 Héctor M. Conesa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Helena I. Gomes, “Phytoremediation for bioenergy: challenges and opportunities,” Environmental Technology Reviews, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 59–66, 2012.
- David Houben, Laurent Evrard, and Philippe Sonnet, “Beneficial effects of biochar application to contaminated soils on the bioavailability of Cd, Pb and Zn and the biomass production of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.),” Biomass and Bioenergy, 2013.
- Radka Podlipná, Lenka Skálová, Helena Seidlová, Barbora Szotáková, Vladimír Kubíček, Lucie Stuchlíková, Robert Jirásko, Tomáš Vaněk, and Ivan Vokřál, “Biotransformation of benzimidazole anthelmintics in reed (Phragmites australis) as a potential tool for their detoxification in environment,” Bioresource Technology, 2013.
- Lianghua Chen, Shun Gao, Peng Zhu, Yang Liu, Tingxing Hu, and Jian Zhang, “Comparative study of metal resistance and accumulation of lead and zinc in two poplars,” Physiologia Plantarum, 2013.
- Isabel Parraga-Aguado, Jose-Ignacio Querejeta, María Nazaret González-Alcaraz, and Hector M. Conesa, “Metal(loid) allocation and nutrient retranslocation in Pinus halepensis trees growing on semiarid mine tailings,” Science of The Total Environment, vol. 485-486, pp. 406–414, 2014.
- Guillaume Losfeld, Laurent L’Huillier, Bruno Fogliani, Tanguy Jaffré, and Claude Grison, “Mining in New Caledonia: environmental stakes and restoration opportunities,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014.
- D. Mani, and Chitranjan Kumar, “Biotechnological advances in bioremediation of heavy metals contaminated ecosystems: an overview with special reference to phytoremediation,” International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 843–872, 2014.
- Guillaume Losfeld, Romain Mathieu, Laurent L’Huillier, Bruno Fogliani, Tanguy Jaffré, and Claude Grison, “Phytoextraction from mine spoils: insights from New Caledonia,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014.
- Florien Nsanganwimana, Bertrand Pourrut, Michel Mench, and Francis Douay, “Suitability of Miscanthus species for managing inorganic and organic contaminated land and restoring ecosystem services. A review,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 143, pp. 123–134, 2014.
- F. Nsanganwimana, L. Marchand, F. Douay, and M. Mench, “ Arundo donax L., a Candidate for Phytomanaging Water and Soils Contaminated by Trace Elements and Producing Plant-Based Feedstock. A Review ,” International Journal of Phytoremediation, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 982–1017, 2014.
- Jeremy Koelmel, M. N. V. Prasad, and Karoline Pershell, “Bibliometric Analysis of Phytotechnologies for remediation: Global Scenario of Research and Applications,” International Journal of Phytoremediation, pp. 140130165213005, 2014.
- Luís A. B. Novo, and Luís González, “Germination and Early Growth of Brassica juncea in Copper Mine Tailings Amended with Technosol and Compost,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- B.H. Robinson, C.W.N. Anderson, and N.M. Dickinson, “Phytoextraction: Where’s the action?,” Journal of Geochemical Exploration, 2015.