- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 190763, 7 pages
The Phenox Clot Retriever as Part of a Multimodal Mechanical Thrombectomy Approach in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Single Center Experience in 56 Patients
1Department of Neuroradiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universität München, Ismaninger Straße 22,
81675 Munich, Germany
2Institute and Policlinic of Radiological Diagnostics, Uniklinik Köln, Kerpener Straße 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
3Neurological Clinic and Policlinic, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universität München, Ismaninger Straße 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Received 31 October 2011; Accepted 12 December 2011
Academic Editor: Tobias Engelhorn
Copyright © 2012 Sascha Prothmann et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. S. Smith, G. Sung, J. Saver et al., “Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: final results of the multi MERCI trial,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 1205–1212, 2008.
- W. S. Smith, “Safety of mechanical thrombectomy and intravenous tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke. Results of the multi Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) trial, part I,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 1177–1182, 2006.
- “The penumbra pivotal stroke trial: safety and effectiveness of a new generation of mechanical devices for clot removal in intracranial large vessel occlusive disease,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 2761–2768, 2009.
- R. T. Higashida, A. J. Furlan, H. Roberts et al., “Trial design and reporting standards for intra-arterial cerebral thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke,” Stroke, vol. 34, pp. e109–e137, 2003.
- H. Henkes, J. Reinartz, S. Lowens et al., “A device for fast mechanical clot retrieval from intracranial arteries (phenox clot retriever),” Neurocritical Care, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 134–140, 2006.
- T. Liebig, J. Reinartz, R. Hannes, E. Miloslavski, and H. Henkes, “Comparative in vitro study of five mechanical embolectomy systems: effectiveness of clot removal and risk of distal embolization,” Neuroradiology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 2008.
- A. Furlan, R. Higashida, L. Wechsler et al., “Intra-arterial prourokinase for acute ischemic stroke. The PROACT II study: a randomized controlled trial. Prolyse in Acute Cerebral Thromboembolism,” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 282, no. 21, pp. 2003–2011, 1999.
- W. S. Smith, “Intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy for acute basilar occlusion: pro,” Stroke, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 701–703, 2007.
- A. Bose, H. Henkes, K. Alfke et al., “The penumbra system: a mechanical device for the treatment of acute stroke due to thromboembolism,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1409–1413, 2008.
- I. Q. Grunwald, S. Walter, P. Papanagiotou et al., “Revascularization in acute ischaemic stroke using the penumbra system: the first single center experience,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1210–1216, 2009.
- T. Struffert, M. Köhrmann, T. Engelhorn et al., “Penumbra stroke system as an "add-on" for the treatment of large vessel occlusive disease following thrombolysis: first results,” European Radiology, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 2286–2293, 2009.
- C. S. Kase, A. J. Furlan, L. R. Wechsler et al., “Cerebral hemorrhage after intra-arterial thrombolysis for ischemic stroke: the PROACT II trial,” Neurology, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 1603–1610, 2001.