- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 212178, 8 pages
Mechanisms, Risk Factors, and Management of Acquired Long QT Syndrome: A Comprehensive Review
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Heraklion, 711 10 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Received 31 October 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editors: H. Kitabata and S. Sun
Copyright © 2012 Eleftherios M. Kallergis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- W. Stephen Waring, “Clinical use of antidepressant therapy and associated cardiovascular risk,” Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 93–101, 2012.
- Michael Camilleri, and Henry Parkman, “Response to Arnold and Beaves,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 108, no. 9, pp. 1539–1540, 2013.
- Jasmine Patel, “Droperidol- and Ondansetron-Induced Life-Threatening Arrhythmias,” Journal of Emergency Nursing, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 393–394, 2013.
- Woondong Jeong, James H. Doroshow, and Shivaani Kummar, “United States Food and Drug Administration approved oral kinase inhibitors for the treatment of malignancies,” Current Problems in Cancer, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 110–144, 2013.
- Dawn M. Pedrotty, Jesus E. Rame, and Kenneth B. Margulies, “Management of ventricular arrhythmias in patients with ventricular assist devices,” Current Opinion in Cardiology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 360–368, 2013.
- Renata Rizzo, Mariangela Gulisano, Paola V. Calì, and Alfredo Pino, “Mandatory electrocardiographic monitoring in young patients treated with psychoactive drugs,” European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 2013.
- John P. Higgins, Ijeoma E. Ananaba, and Christopher L. Higgins, “Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes: Preparticipation Screening for Underlying Cardiovascular Abnormalities and Approaches to Prevention,” Physician And Sportsmedicine, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 81–93, 2013.
- Marley Doyle, and Lisa J. Rosenthal, “Psychotropic Medications, Associated QTc Prolongation, and Sudden Cardiac Death: A Review for Clinicians,” Psychiatric Annals, vol. 43, no. 2, 2013.
- Michael Gysel, W Victor R Vieweg, Mehrul Hasnain, Jules C Hancox, Vitharani Kunanithy, and Adrian Baranchuk, “ Torsades de pointes following clarithromycin treatment ,” Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- R. Lux, S. Wärntges, S. Bergner, and B. Kütting, “Erhöhung der Arzneimitteltherapiesicherheit durch Identifizierung genetisch prädisponierter Personen,” Bundesgesundheitsblatt - Gesundheitsforschung - Gesundheitsschutz, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 1545–1556, 2013.
- Ashish Ganjare, and Atul P. Kulkarni, “Comparative electrocardiographic effects of intravenous ondansetron and granisetron in patients undergoing surgery for carcinoma breast: A prospective single-blind randomised trial,” Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 41–45, 2013.
- Nurullah Celik, Peyami Cinaz, Hamdi Cihan Emeksiz, Khalid Hussain, Orhun Camurdan, Aysun Bideci, Esra Doger, Ozge Yuce, Zafer Turkyilmaz, and Ayse Deniz Oguz, “Octreotide-Induced Long QT Syndrome in a Child with Congenital Hyperinsulinemia and a Novel Missense Mutation (p.Met115Val) in the ABCC8 Gene,” Hormone Research in Paediatrics, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 299–303, 2013.
- Jane E. Crosson, David J. Callans, David J. Bradley, Anne Dubin, Michael Epstein, Susan Etheridge, Andrew Papez, John R. Phillips, Larry A. Rhodes, Philip Saul, Elizabeth Stephenson, William Stevenson, and Frank Zimmerman, “PACES/HRS Expert Consensus Statement on the Evaluation and Management of Ventricular Arrhythmias in the Child With a Structurally Normal Heart,” Heart Rhythm, 2014.
- C. Buttà, A. Tuttolomondo, A. Casuccio, D. Di Raimondo, L. Giarrusso, G. Miceli, S. Lo Vecchio, B. Canino, G. Licata, and A. Pinto, “Use of QT intervals for a more accurate diagnose of syncope and evaluation of syncope severity,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, 2014.
- Kristin S. Stukus, Ryle W. Przybylowicz, Carl H. Backes, and Daniel M. Cohen, “Ventricular Tachycardia After Ketamine Sedation for Fracture Reduction,” Pediatric Emergency Care, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 730–732, 2014.
- Kenta Kanamori, Risa Yamashita, Kenta Tsutsui, Masumi Hara, and Yuji Murakawa, “Long QT Syndrome Associated with Adrenal Insufficiency in a Patient with Isolated Adrenocorticotropic Hormone Deficiency,” Internal Medicine, vol. 53, no. 20, pp. 2329–2331, 2014.
- Philip Juul Pedersen, Kirsten Brolin Thomsen, Emma Rie Olander, Frank Hauser, Maria de los Angeles Tejada, Kristian Lundgaard Poulsen, Soren Grubb, Rikke Buhl, Kirstine Calloe, and Dan Arne Klaerke, “Molecular Cloning and Functional Expression of the Equine K+ Channel K(V)11.1 (Ether a Go-Go-Related/KCNH2 Gene) and the Regulatory Subunit KCNE2 from,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- André Do, Saeid Noohi, Dominique Elie, Artin A. Mahdanian, Ching Yu, Marilyn Segal, Karl J. Looper, and Soham Rej, “Health Canada Warning on Citalopram and Escitalopram – Its Effects on Prescribing in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry,” Psychosomatics, 2015.
- Ahmet Seyfeddin Gurbuz, Semi Ozturk, Emrah Acar, Süleyman Çagan Efe, Taylan Akgun, Alev Kilicgedik, Ahmet Guler, and Cevat Kirma, “Acquired long QT syndrome and Torsades de Pointes related to donepezil use in a patient with Alzheimer disease,” The Egyptian Heart Journal, 2015.
- E. Harausz, H. Cox, M. Rich, C. D. Mitnick, P. Zimetbaum, and J. Furin, “QTc prolongation and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis,” International Journal Of Tuberculosis And Lung Disease, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 385–391, 2015.
- Hanna Lenhoff, Börje Darpö, Georg Ferber, Mårten Rosenqvist, and Mats Frick, “Reduction over time of QTc prolongation in patients with sotalol after cardioversion of atrial fibrillation,” Heart Rhythm, 2015.
- Simon H. L. Thomas, and Elijah R. Behr, “Pharmacological treatment of acquired QT prolongation and torsades de pointes,” British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2015.
- Steven P. Sears, Trevor W. Getz, Christopher O. Austin, William C. Palmer, Evelyn A. Boyd, and Fernando F. Stancampiano, “Incidence of Sustained Ventricular Tachycardia in Patients with Prolonged QTc After the Administration of Azithromycin: A Retrospective Study,” Drugs - Real World Outcomes, 2016.