- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 314283, 19 pages
LDL-Apheresis: Technical and Clinical Aspects
1Institute for Blood Purification, Saar, 66424 Homburg, Germany
2Formerly Main Hospital Darmstadt, 64283 Darmstadt, Germany
3Laboratory of Medicine, 66386 St. Ingbert, Germany
4Inselklinik Heringsdorf GmbH, 17424 Seeheilbad Heringsdorf, Germany
Received 30 October 2011; Accepted 3 January 2012
Academic Editor: Kathleen M. Botham
Copyright © 2012 Rolf Bambauer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kouichi Tamura, Yuko Tsurumi-Ikeya, Hiromichi Wakui, Akinobu Maeda, Masato Ohsawa, Kengo Azushima, Tomohiko Kanaoka, Kazushi Uneda, Sona Haku, Koichi Azuma, Hiroshi Mitsuhashi, Nobuko Tamura, Yoshiyuki Toya, Yasuo Tokita, Toshiharu Kokuho, and Satoshi Umemura, “Therapeutic Potential of Low-Density Lipoprotein Apheresis in the Management of Peripheral Artery Disease in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease,” Therapeutic Apheresis and Dialysis, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 185–192, 2012.
- Michael M. Page, Damon A. Bell, Amanda J. Hooper, Gerald F. Watts, and Dr John R. Burnett, “Lipoprotein apheresis and new therapies for severe familial hypercholesterolemia in adults and children,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2013.
- Maya S. Safarova, Marat V. Ezhov, Olga I. Afanasieva, Yuriy G. Matchin, Ruslan V. Atanesyan, Irina Yu. Adamova, Elena A. Utkina, Gennadiy A. Konovalov, and Sergei N. Pokrovsky, “Effect of specific lipoprotein(a) apheresis on coronary atherosclerosis regression assessed by quantitative coronary angiography,” Atherosclerosis Supplements, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 93–99, 2013.
- Amber P. Sanchez, Robyn Cunard, and David M. Ward, “The selective therapeutic apheresis procedures,” Journal of Clinical Apheresis, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 20–29, 2013.
- Michela Zanetti, Mariagrazia Zenti, Rocco Barazzoni, Federica Zardi, Annamaria Semolic, Michele Giuseppe Messa, Filippo Mearelli, Gianpaolo Russi, Maurizio Fonda, Luca Scarano, Enzo Bonora, and Luigi Cattin, “HELP LDL Apheresis Reduces Plasma Pentraxin 3 in Familial Hypercholesterolemia,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Maria D Panno, Angelo B Cefalù, and Maurizio R Averna, “Lomitapide: a novel drug for homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 2014.
- Michael France, Jonathan Schofield, See Kwok, and Handrean Soran, “Treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 101–118, 2014.
- Vijay G. Bhoj, and Bruce S Sachais, “Lipoprotein Apheresis,” Current Atherosclerosis Reports, vol. 17, no. 7, 2015.
- U. Schatz, B.M.W. Illigens, T. Siepmann, B. Arneth, G. Siegert, D. Siegels, F. Heigl, R. Hettich, W. Ramlow, H. Prophet, S.R. Bornstein, and U. Julius, “TIDILAP: Treatment of iron deficiency in lipoprotein apheresis patients – A prospective observational multi-center cohort study comparing efficacy, safety and tolerability of ferric gluconate with ferric carboxymaltose,” Atherosclerosis Supplements, vol. 18, pp. 199–208, 2015.
- C. Stefanutti, D.J. Blom, M.R. Averna, E.A. Meagher, H. dT. Theron, A.D. Marais, R.A. Hegele, C.R. Sirtori, P.K. Shah, D. Gaudet, G.B. Vigna, B.S. Sachais, S. Di Giacomo, A.M.E. du Plessis, L.T. Bloedon, J. Balser, D.J. Rader, and M. Cuchel, “The lipid-lowering effects of lomitapide are unaffected by adjunctive apheresis in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia – a post-hoc analysis of a Phase 3, single-arm, open-label trial,” Atherosclerosis, 2015.
- Isabel Palma, Ana Rita Caldas, Isabel Mangas Palma, José Alexandre Queirós, Anselmo Madureira, José Carlos Oliveira, Paulo Palma, Carlos Correia, and Maria Helena Ramos, “LDL apheresis in the treatment of familial hypercholesterolemia: Experience of Hospital Santo António, Porto,” Revista Portuguesa de Cardiologia (English Edition), 2015.
- Isabel Palma, Ana Rita Caldas, Isabel Mangas Palma, José Alexandre Queirós, Anselmo Madureira, José Carlos Oliveira, Paulo Palma, Carlos Correia, and Maria Helena Ramos, “LDL‐aférese no tratamento de hipercolesterolemia familiar: experiência do Hospital Santo António,” Revista Portuguesa de Cardiologia, 2015.
- M. Averna, A.B. Cefalù, C. Stefanutti, S. Di Giacomo, C.R. Sirtori, and G. Vigna, “Individual analysis of patients with HoFH participating in a phase 3 trial with lomitapide: The Italian cohort,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2015.
- Sergei N. Pokrovsky, Olga I. Afanasieva, and Marat V. Ezhov, “Lipoprotein(a) apheresis,” Current Opinion in Lipidology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 351–358, 2016.
- Kathryn Matney, Mary Berg, James M. Falko, and Nicole L. Draper, “The role of lipoprotein(a) in clotting reactions during lipoprotein apheresis—A case report,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, 2016.