- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 347597, 9 pages
A Study of Epstein-Barr Virus BRLF1 Activity in a Drosophila Model System
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402, USA
Received 21 October 2011; Accepted 6 December 2011
Academic Editors: I. R. Arkhipova, B. Harrach, and F. Meggetto
Copyright © 2012 Amy Adamson and Dennis LaJeunesse. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. P. Thompson and R. Kurzrock, “Epstein-barr virus and cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 803–821, 2004.
- J. J. Swenson, E. Holley-Guthrie, and S. C. Kenney, “Epstein-Barr virus immediate-early protein BRLF1 interacts with CBP, promoting enhanced BRLF1 transactivation,” Journal of Virology, vol. 75, no. 13, pp. 6228–6234, 2001.
- V. L. Zacny, J. Wilson, and J. S. Pagano, “The epstein-barr virus immediate-early gene product, BRLF1, interacts with the retinoblastoma protein during the viral lytic cycle,” Journal of Virology, vol. 72, no. 10, pp. 8043–8051, 1998.
- L. K. Chang, J. Y. Chung, Y. R. Hong, T. Ichimura, M. Nakao, and S. T. Liu, “Activation of Sp1-mediated transcription by Rta of Epstein-Barr virus via an interaction with MCAF1,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 33, no. 20, pp. 6528–6539, 2005.
- L. K. Chang, S. T. Liu, C. W. Kuo et al., “Enhancement of transactivation activity of Rta of Epstein-Barr virus by RanBPM,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 379, no. 2, pp. 231–242, 2008.
- J. J. Swenson, A. E. Mauser, W. K. Kaufmann, and S. C. Kenney, “The Epstein-Barr virus protein BRLF1 activates S phase entry through E2F1 induction,” Journal of Virology, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 6540–6550, 1999.
- Y. L. Chen, Y. J. Chen, W. H. Tsai, Y. C. Ko, J. Y. Chen, and S. F. Lin, “The Epstein-Barr virus replication and transcription activator, Rta/BRLF1, induces cellular senescence in epithelial cells,” Cell Cycle, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 58–65, 2009.
- G. L. Bentz, R. Liu, A. M. Hahn, J. Shackelford, and J. S. Pagano, “Epstein-Barr virus BRLF1 inhibits transcription of IRF3 and IRF7 and suppresses induction of interferon-β,” Virology, vol. 402, no. 1, pp. 121–128, 2010.
- A. L. Adamson, N. Wright, and D. R. LaJeunesse, “Modeling early Epstein-Barr virus infection in Drosophila melanogaster: the BZLF1 protein,” Genetics, vol. 171, no. 3, pp. 1125–1135, 2005.
- I. K. Hariharan and D. Bilder, “Regulation of imaginal disc growth by tumor-suppressor genes in Drosophila,” Annual Review of Genetics, vol. 40, pp. 335–361, 2006.
- I. Rebay, R. G. Fehon, and S. Artavanis-Tsakonas, “Specific truncations of Drosophila Notch define dominant activated and dominant negative forms of the receptor,” Cell, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 319–329, 1993.
- T. Wolff, “Histological techniques for the Drosophila eye, part I: larva and pupa,” in Drosophila Protocols, W. Sullivan, M. Ashburner, and R. S. Hawley, Eds., pp. 201–227, Cold Spring Harbor Press, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- B. A. Hay, T. Wolff, and G. M. Rubin, “Expression of baculovirus P35 prevents cell death in Drosophila,” Development, vol. 120, no. 8, pp. 2121–2129, 1994.
- E. Kieff and A. B. Rickinson, “Epstein-Barr virus and its replication,” in Field's Virology, D. M. Knipe and P. M. Howley, Eds., pp. 2603–2654, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2007.
- H. J. Bellen, R. W. Levis, G. Liao et al., “The BDGP gene disruption project: single transposon insertions associated with 40% of Drosophila genes,” Genetics, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 761–781, 2004.
- L. C. Murrin and J. N. Talbot, “RanBPM, a scaffolding protein in the immune and nervous systems,” Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 290–295, 2007.
- E. Arama, D. Dickman, Z. Kimchie, A. Shearn, and Z. Lev, “Mutations in the β-propeller domain of the Drosophila brain tumor (brat) protein induce neoplasm in the larval brain,” Oncogene, vol. 19, no. 33, pp. 3706–3716, 2000.
- H. Stenmark and V. M. Olkkonen, “The Rab GTPase family,” Genome Biology, vol. 2, no. 5, article 3007, 2001.
- Y. Mamane, E. Petroulakis, O. LeBacquer, and N. Sonenberg, “mTOR, translation initiation and cancer,” Oncogene, vol. 25, no. 48, pp. 6416–6422, 2006.