- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 386478, 6 pages
Management of Symptomatic Venous Aneurysm
1Department of Vascular Surgery, Policlinico Umberto I, Sapienza University of Rome, 00161 Rome, Italy
2Department of Oncology, Policlinico Umberto I, Sapienza University of Rome, 00161, Italy
Received 17 October 2011; Accepted 13 December 2011
Academic Editors: E. Ishimura and P. Quax
Copyright © 2012 Roberto Gabrielli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. R. Dahl, T. A. Freed, and M. F. Burke, “Popliteal vein aneurysm with recurrent pulmonary thromboemboli,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 236, no. 22, pp. 2531–2532, 1976.
- L. J. Herrera, J. W. Davis, and J. J. Livesay, “Popliteal vein aneurysm presenting as a popliteal mass,” Texas Heart Institute Journal, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 246–248, 2006.
- D. T. McDevitt, J. M. Lohr, K. D. Martin, R. E. Welling, and M. G. Sampson, “Bilateral popliteal vein aneurysms,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 282–286, 1993.
- O. Maleti, M. Lugli, and M. Collura, “Anévrysmes veineux poplités: expérience personnelle,” Phlebologie, vol. 50, pp. 53–59, 1997.
- L. Pascarella, M. Al-Tuwaijri, J. J. Bergan, and L. M. Mekenas, “Lower extremity superficial venous aneurysms,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 69–73, 2005.
- D. L. Gillespie, J. L. Villavicencio, C. Gallagher et al., “Presentation and management of venous aneurysms,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 845–852, 1997.
- P. Sigg, C. Koella, C. Stöbe, and C. Jeanneret, “Popliteal venous aneurysm, a cause of pulmonary embolism,” Vasa, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 221–224, 2003.
- M. Lev and O. Saphir, “Endophlebohypertrophy and phlebosclerosis: II. The external and common iliac veins,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 401–411, 1952.
- S. G. Friedman, K. V. Krishnasastry, W. Doscher, and S. L. Deckoff, “Primary venous aneurysms,” Surgery, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 92–95, 1990.
- S. Hayashi, Y. Hamanaka, T. Sueda, and Y. Matsuura, “Primary venous aneurysm—case reports,” Vascular Surgery, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 52–57, 1993.
- C. Irwin, A. Synn, L. Kraiss, Q. Zhang, M. M. Griffen, and G. C. Hunter, “Metalloproteinase expression in venous aneurysms,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1278–1285, 2008.
- C. Sessa, P. Nicolini, M. Perrin, I. Farah, J. L. Magne, and H. Guidicelli, “Management of symptomatic and asymptomatic popliteal venous aneurysms: a retrospective analysis of 25 patients and review of the literature,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 902–912, 2000.
- A. Siani, F. Accrocca, R. Gabrielli et al., “An isolated aneurysm of the thigh anterolateral branch of the saphenous vein in a young patient,” Acta Phlebologica, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 27–29, 2010.
- S. W. Coffman, S. M. Leon, and S. K. Gupta, “Popliteal venous aneurysms: report of an unusual presentation and literature review,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 286–290, 2000.
- M. Uematsu and M. Okada, “Primary venous aneurysms: case reports,” Angiology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 239–244, 1999.
- J. Chahlaoui, M. Julien, and P. Nadeau, “Popliteal venous aneurysm: a source of pulmonary embolism,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 415–416, 1981.
- R. Gabrielli, M. S. Rosati, A. Costanzo, R. Chiappa, A. Siani, and G. Caselli, “Primary tibial vein aneurysm with recurrent pulmonary emboli,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 464–466, 2010.
- R. Gabrielli, S. Vitale, A. Costanzo, and A. Carra, “Our experience of popliteal vein aneurysm,” Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 835–837, 2010.
- F. Balestri, “Femoral arteriovenous aneurysm; unusual characteristics,” Archivio per le scienze mediche, vol. 102, no. 5, pp. 469–477, 1956.
- D. Bergqvist, M. Björck, and C. Ljungman, “Popliteal venous aneurysm—a systematic review,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 273–279, 2006.
- R. Gabrielli, M. S. Rosati, S. Vitale et al., “Pulmonary emboli due to venous aneurysm of extremities,” Vasa, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 327–332, 2011.
- J. J. Gallagher and J. H. Hageman, “Popliteal vein aneurysm causing pulmonary embolus,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 120, no. 10, pp. 1173–1175, 1985.
- G. Falls and M. H. Eslami, “Recurrence of a popliteal venous aneurysm,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 458–459, 2010.