- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 462467, 8 pages
Physicochemical Evaluation of the Upper Litani River Watershed, Lebanon
1Environmental Department, Associated Consulting Engineers, P.O. Box 11-3446, Beirut, Lebanon
2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, American University of Beirut, P.O. Box 11-0236, Beirut, Lebanon
3Environmental Unit, Litani River Authority, P.O. Box 11-3732, Beirut, Lebanon
Received 14 November 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Hind A. Beydoun
Copyright © 2012 Mark Saadeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- The Study on Water Resources Management Master Plan in the Republic of Lebanon, Japan International Coorporation Agency, Sanyu Consultants, Beirut, Lebanon, 2003.
- M. Saadeh, Litani Water Quality Management Project report, DAI, United States Agency for International Development, Beirut, Lebanon, 2005.
- K. Khair, N. Aker, F. Haddad, M. Jurdi, and A. Hachach, Environmental Status in Lebanon, Part I: Natural Factors. National Action Program, Beirut, Lebanon, 1994.
- A. Koumaiha, Geological Map of the Bekaa Valey, GeoFlint Works, Mount-Lebanon, Lebanon, 2010.
- V. Kazpard, M. Saadeh, Z. Saad, N. Amacha, and M. Aoun, “Chemical and environmental isotope investigation on hydrodynamics of a monomictic lake: a case study on Qaraoun Dam, Lebanon,” Journal of Environmental Hydrology, vol. 17, pp. 1–10, 2009.
- “Standard guide for sampling ground-water monitoring wells,” Tech. Rep. D4448-01, The American Society for Testing and Materials, 2001.
- Groundwater Well Sampling, SOP#: 2007, Environmental Protection Agency, Sacramento, Calif, USA, 1995.
- Council Directive of European Communities on the water intended for human consumption (98/83/EC), European Union.
- Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2nd edition, 2006.
- L. Canter, Nitrates in Groundwater, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1997.
- T. Spiro and W. Stigliani, Chemistry of the Environment, Prentice Hall, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2003.
- H. Rammal, Litani River Basin Management Services (LRBMS/BAMAS), United States Agency for International Development,Beirut, Lebanon, 2005.
- G. vanLoon and S. Duffy, Environmental Chemistry, a Global Perspective, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2005.
- H. Assaf and M. Saadeh, “Assessing water quality management options in the Upper Litani Basin, Lebanon, using an integrated GIS-based decision support system,” Environmental Modelling and Software, vol. 23, no. 10-11, pp. 1327–1337, 2008.