- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 471417, 10 pages
The Future of Butyric Acid in Industry
1School of Nano-Bioscience and Chemical Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Ulsan, Republic of Korea
2New Renewable Energy Lab, SK Innovation Global Technology, Seoul, Republic of Korea
3Department of Applied Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Received 31 October 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editors: S. Cuzzocrea and J. Sanchez
Copyright © 2012 Mohammed Dwidar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yu-Sin Jang, Hee Moon Woo, Jung Ae Im, In Ho Kim, and Sang Yup Lee, “Metabolic engineering of Clostridium acetobutylicum for enhanced production of butyric acid,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2013.
- Marek Blahušiak, Štefan Schlosser, and Ján Marták, “Extraction of butyric acid with a solvent containing amonium ionic liquid,” Separation and Purification Technology, 2013.
- Adrie J. J. Straathof, “Transformation of Biomass into Commodity Chemicals Using Enzymes or Cells,” Chemical Reviews, pp. 130829143637004, 2013.
- Jang-Mi Baek, Suman Mazumdar, Sang-Woo Lee, Moo-Young Jung, Jae-Hyung Lim, Sang-Woo Seo, Gyoo-Yeol Jung, and Min-Kyu Oh, “ Butyrate Production in Engineered Escherichia coli With Synthetic Scaffolds ,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2013.
- Kyle A. Zingaro, Sergios A. Nicolaou, and Eleftherios T. Papoutsakis, “Dissecting the assays to assess microbial tolerance to toxic chemicals in bioprocessing,” Trends in Biotechnology, 2013.
- Mohammed Dwidar, Seil Kim, Byoung Seung Jeon, Youngsoon Um, Robert J. Mitchell, and Byoung-In Sang, “Co-culturing a novel Bacillus strain with Clostridium tyrobutyricum ATCC 25755 to produce butyric acid from sucrose,” Biotechnology for Biofuels, vol. 6, no. 1, 2013.
- Toshiyuki Ueki, Kelly P. Nevin, Trevor L. Woodard, and Derek R. Lovley, “Converting Carbon Dioxide to Butyrate with an Engineered Strain of Clostridium ljungdahlii,” Mbio, vol. 5, no. 5, 2014.
- Binling Ai, Jianzheng Li, Xue Chi, Jia Meng, Ajay Kumar Jha, Chong Liu, and En Shi, “Effect of pH and buffer on butyric acid production and microbial community characteristics in bioconversion of rice straw with undefined mixed culture,” Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 676–686, 2014.
- Kayhan Bayazıt, Aslı Gök, Hasan Uslu, and Ş. İsmail Kırbaşlar, “Phase Equilibria of (water + butyric acid+butyl acetate) ternary systems at different temperatures,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, 2014.
- Mukesh Saini, Zei Wen Wang, Chung-Jen Chiang, and Yun-Peng Chao, “ Metabolic Engineering of Escherichia coli for Production of Butyric Acid ,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 140505143629009, 2014.
- Camilo S. López Garzón, and Adrie J.J. Straathof, “Recovery of carboxylic acids produced by fermentation,” Biotechnology Advances, 2014.
- Xiang Zhou, Shu-Yang Wang, Xi-Hong Lu, and Jian-Ping Liang, “Comparison of the effects of high energy carbon heavy ion irradiation and Eucommia ulmoides Oliv. on biosynthesis butyric acid efficiency in Clostridium tyrobutyricum,” Bioresource Technology, 2014.
- Xiang Zhou, Xi-Hong Lu, Xue-Hu Li, Zhi-Jun Xin, Jia-Rong Xie, Mei-Rong Zhao, Liang Wang, Wen-Yue Du, and Jian-Ping Liang, “Radiation induces acid tolerance of Clostridium tyrobutyricum and enhances bioproduction of butyric acid through a metabolic switch,” Biotechnology for Biofuels, vol. 7, 2014.
- Chandresh Thakker, Irene Martínez, Wei Li, Ka-Yiu San, and George N. Bennett, “Metabolic engineering of carbon and redox flow in the production of small organic acids,” Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, 2014.
- Changhee Cho, Yu-Sin Jang, Hyeon Gi Moon, Joungmin Lee, and Sang Yup Lee, “Metabolic engineering of clostridia for the production of chemicals,” Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining, 2014.
- Manolis N. Romanias, Vassileios C. Papadimitriou, and Panos Papagiannakopoulos, “ The Interaction of Propionic and Butyric Acids with Ice and HNO 3 -Doped Ice Surfaces at 195 - 212 K ,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, pp. 141110112921000, 2014.
- Le Yu, Mengmeng Xu, I-Ching Tang, and Shang-Tian Yang, “Metabolic engineering of Clostridium tyrobutyricum for n-butanol production from maltose and soluble starch by overexpressing α-glucosidase,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2015.
- Jin Huang, Hongliang Dai, Ren Yan, and Pu Wang, “ Butyric acid production from recycled waste paper by immobilized Clostridium tyrobutyricum in a fibrous-bed bioreactor ,” Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, 2015.
- Marek Blahušiak, Štefan Schlosser, and Július Annus, “Separation of butyric acid in fixed bed column with solvent impregnated resin containing ammonium ionic liquid,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 87, pp. 29–36, 2015.
- Xiaofen Li, Janis E. Swan, Giridhar R. Nair, and Alan G. Langdon, “Preparation of volatile fatty acid (VFA) calcium salts by anaerobic digestion of glucose,” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, 2015.
- G. N. Baroi, I. V. Skiadas, P. Westermann, and H. N. Gavala, “Continuous Fermentation of Wheat Straw Hydrolysate by Clostridium tyrobutyricum with In-Situ Acids Removal,” Waste and Biomass Valorization, 2015.
- R. Ganigue, S. Puig, P. Batlle-Vilanova, M. D. Balaguer, and J. Colprim, “Microbial electrosynthesis of butyrate from carbon dioxide,” Chemical Communications, vol. 51, no. 15, pp. 3235–3238, 2015.