- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 471417, 10 pages
The Future of Butyric Acid in Industry
1School of Nano-Bioscience and Chemical Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Ulsan, Republic of Korea
2New Renewable Energy Lab, SK Innovation Global Technology, Seoul, Republic of Korea
3Department of Applied Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Received 31 October 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editors: S. Cuzzocrea and J. Sanchez
Copyright © 2012 Mohammed Dwidar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yu-Sin Jang, Hee Moon Woo, Jung Ae Im, In Ho Kim, and Sang Yup Lee, “Metabolic engineering of Clostridium acetobutylicum for enhanced production of butyric acid,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2013.
- Marek Blahušiak, Štefan Schlosser, and Ján Marták, “Extraction of butyric acid with a solvent containing amonium ionic liquid,” Separation and Purification Technology, 2013.
- Adrie J. J. Straathof, “Transformation of Biomass into Commodity Chemicals Using Enzymes or Cells,” Chemical Reviews, pp. 130829143637004, 2013.
- Jang-Mi Baek, Suman Mazumdar, Sang-Woo Lee, Moo-Young Jung, Jae-Hyung Lim, Sang-Woo Seo, Gyoo-Yeol Jung, and Min-Kyu Oh, “ Butyrate Production in Engineered Escherichia coli With Synthetic Scaffolds ,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2013.
- Kyle A. Zingaro, Sergios A. Nicolaou, and Eleftherios T. Papoutsakis, “Dissecting the assays to assess microbial tolerance to toxic chemicals in bioprocessing,” Trends in Biotechnology, 2013.
- Mohammed Dwidar, Seil Kim, Byoung Seung Jeon, Youngsoon Um, Robert J. Mitchell, and Byoung-In Sang, “Co-culturing a novel Bacillus strain with Clostridium tyrobutyricum ATCC 25755 to produce butyric acid from sucrose,” Biotechnology for Biofuels, vol. 6, no. 1, 2013.
- Xiang Zhou, Shu-Yang Wang, Xi-Hong Lu, and Jian-Ping Liang, “Comparison of the effects of high energy carbon heavy ion irradiation and Eucommia ulmoides Oliv. on biosynthesis butyric acid efficiency in Clostridium tyrobutyricum,” Bioresource Technology, 2014.
- Xi-Hong Lu, Xue-Hu Li, Zhi-Jun Xin, Jia-Rong Xie, Mei-Rong Zhao, Liang Wang, Wen-Yue Du, and Jian-Ping Liang, “Radiation induces acid tolerance of Clostridium tyrobutyricum and enhances bioproduction of butyric acid through a metabolic switch,” Biotechnology for Biofuels, vol. 7, 2014.