- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 489830, 12 pages
Genetics and Epigenetics of Parkinson's Disease
1Faculty of Medicine, University of Pisa, 56126 Pisa, Italy
2Genetics and Epigenetics of Complex Disease Program, Department of Neuroscience (DAI Neuroscience), Pisa University Hospital, Via S. Giuseppe 22, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Received 15 October 2011; Accepted 21 December 2011
Academic Editors: H. Cui and M. Hiltunen
Copyright © 2012 Fabio Coppedè. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- K. Gapp, B.T. Woldemichael, J. Bohacek, and I.M. Mansuy, “Epigenetic regulation in neurodevelopment and neurodegenerative diseases,” Neuroscience, 2012.
- Marina Spanos, Julie Gras-Najjar, Jeremy M. Letchworth, Audrey L. Sanford, J. Vincent Toups, and Leslie A. Sombers, “Quantitation of Hydrogen Peroxide Fluctuations and Their Modulation of Dopamine Dynamics in the Rat Dorsal Striatum Using Fast-Scan Cyclic Voltammetry,” ACS Chemical Neuroscience, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 782–789, 2013.
- Jane S. Paulsen, Martha Nance, Ji-In Kim, Noelle E. Carlozzi, Peter K. Panegyres, Cheryl Erwin, Anita Goh, Elizabeth McCusker, and Janet K. Williams, “A review of quality of life after predictive testing for and earlier identification of neurodegenerative diseases,” Progress in Neurobiology, vol. 110, pp. 2–28, 2013.
- Jj Chen Jia-Jun, Mx Tian Ming-Xiu, Xa Li Xing-An, and Ls Hu Lin-Sen, “An Analysis of Protein Bioinformatics Datasets Related to Lewy Bodies of Parkinson's Disease,” Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1100–1106, 2013.
- Paul R. Heath, Oliver Bandmann, Janine Kirby, and Pamela J. Shaw, “Neuronal dark matter: the emerging role of microRNAs in neurodegeneration,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 7, 2013.
- Radu Constantinescu, and Stefania Mondello, “Cerebrospinal fluid biomarker candidates for Parkinsonian disorders,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 3, 2013.
- G. Natale, E. Pompili, F. Biagioni, S. Paparelli, P. Lenzi, and F. Fornai, “Histochemical approaches to assess cell-to-cell transmission of misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases,” European Journal of Histochemistry, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 31–35, 2013.
- Fabio CoppedÃ¨, “The potential of epigenetic therapies in neurodegenerative diseases,” Frontiers in Genetics, vol. 5, 2014.
- Kazunari Sekiyama, Yoshiki Takamatsu, Masaaki Waragai, and Makoto Hashimoto, “Role of genomics in tranaslational research for parkinson’s disease,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2014.
- Margherita Grasso, Paola Piscopo, Annamaria Confaloni, and Michela A. Denti, “Circulating miRNAs as Biomarkers for Neurodegenerative Disorders,” Molecules, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 6891–6910, 2014.
- Nandhini Kanagaraj, He Beiping, S. Thameem Dheen, and Samuel Sam Wah Tay, “Downregulation of miR-124 in MPTP-treated mouse model of Parkinson’s disease and MPP iodide treated MN9D cells modulates the expression of the calpain/cdk5 pathway proteins,” Neuroscience, 2014.
- Ti-Fei Yuan, Jiang Li, and Chun-Lei Shan, “The Epigenetics Changes in Parkinson's Disease: a Novel Therapeutic Target,” CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 299–300, 2014.
- Maria Teresa Baltazar, Ricardo Jorge Dinis-Oliveira, Maria de Lourdes Bastos, Aristidis M. Tsatsakis, José Alberto Duarte, and Félix Carvalho, “Pesticides exposure as etiological factors of Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases—A mechanistic approach,” Toxicology Letters, 2014.
- Ya Feng, Joseph Jankovic, and Yun-Cheng Wu, “Epigenetic mechanisms in Parkinson’s disease,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2014.
- Fabio Coppedè, and Lucia Migliore, “DNA damage in neurodegenerative diseases,” Mutation Research/Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, 2014.
- Wei Xu, Lan Tan, and Jin-Tai Yu, “The link between the SNCA gene and parkinsonism,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2014.
- M Remely, L Lovrecic, A L de la Garza, L Migliore, B Peterlin, F I Milagro, A J Martinez, and A G Haslberger, “Therapeutic perspectives of epigenetically active nutrients,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- Xinglong Yang, and Yanming Xu, “ Mutations in the ATP13A2 Gene and Parkinsonism: A Preliminary Review ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Judith Eschbach, and Karin M. Danzer, “a-Synuclein in Parkinson's Disease: Pathogenic Function and Translation into Animal Models,” Neurodegenerative Diseases, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 2014.
- Xinling Yang, “Analysis of Thr12Met and Ala1144Thr Mutations of the ATP13A2 Gene in Parkinson’s Disease Patients in Xinjiang Uygur and Han Ethnic Groups,” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 20, pp. 2177–2182, 2014.
- Lior Greenbaum, and Bernard Lerer, “Pharmacogenetics of Antipsychotic-Induced Movement Disorders as a Resource for Better Understanding Parkinsonâ€™s Disease Modifier Genes,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 6, 2015.