- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 542937, 13 pages
PHBV/PCL Microparticles for Controlled Release of Resveratrol: Physicochemical Characterization, Antioxidant Potential, and Effect on Hemolysis of Human Erythrocytes
1Postgraduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, State University of Ponta Grossa, 4748 Carlos Cavalcanti Avenue, 84030-900 Ponta Grossa, Brazil
2Laboratory of Quality Control, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, P.O. Box 476, 88040-900 Florianópolis, Brazil
3Laboratory of Nanotechnology, Department of Pharmacy, State University of the Center-West, 3 Simeão Camargo Varela de Sá St, 85040-080 Guarapuava, Brazil
4Department of Materials Engineering, State University of Ponta Grossa, 4748 Carlos Cavalcanti Avenue, 84030-900 Ponta Grossa, Brazil
5Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Paraná, P.O. Box 19081, 81531-990 Curitiba, Brazil
Received 30 October 2011; Accepted 30 November 2011
Academic Editor: Gian Maria Pacifici
Copyright © 2012 Jessica Bitencourt Emilio Mendes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Danielle Cristina Zimmermann Franco, Gustavo Senra Gonçalves De Carvalho, Paula Rafaela Rocha, Raquel Da Silva Teixeira, Adilson David Da Silva, and Nádia Rezende Barbosa Raposo, “Inhibitory effects of resveratrol analogs on mushroom tyrosinase activity,” Molecules, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 11816–11825, 2012.
- Joana M. Silva, Mafalda Videira, Rogério Gaspar, Véronique Préat, and Helena F. Florindo, “Immune system targeting by biodegradable nanoparticles for cancer vaccines,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 179–199, 2013.
- Yasmine Mendes Pupo, Paulo Vitor Farago, Jessica Mendes Nadal, Luis Antônio Esmerino, Daniela Florencio Maluf, Sônia Faria Zawadzki, Milton Domingos Michél, Fábio André dos Santos, Osnara Maria Mongruel Gomes, and João Carlos Gomes, “An innovative quaternary ammonium methacrylate polymer can provide improved antimicrobial properties for a dental adhesive system,” Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, pp. 1–16, 2013.
- Hudson Caetano Polonini, Larissa Lavorato Lima, Karla Mara Gonçalves, Antônio Márcio Resende do Carmo, Adilson David da Silva, and Nádia Rezende Barbosa Raposo, “Photoprotective activity of resveratrol analogues,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 964–968, 2013.
- Viorel Simion, Daniela Stan, Ana-Maria Gan, Monica Madalina Pirvulescu, Elena Butoi, Ileana Manduteanu, Mariana Deleanu, Eugen Andrei, Anamaria Durdureanu-Angheluta, Marian Bota, Marius Enachescu, Manuela Calin, and Maya Simionescu, “Development of curcumin-loaded poly(hydroxybutyrate-co-hydroxyvalerate) nanoparticles as anti-inflammatory carriers to human-activated endothelial cells,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 15, no. 12, 2013.
- Renan T. Figueiredo, Onelia A. A. dos Santos, Daniel P. Silva, Elton Franceschi, Alini T. Fricks, Alvaro S. Lima, Rebeca Y. Cabrera-Padilla, Matheus Albuquerque, and Cleide M. F. Soares, “Immobilization and characterisation of a lipase from a new source, Bacillus sp ITP-001,” Bioprocess And Biosystems Engineering, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 1385–1394, 2013.
- Vanna Sanna, Anna Maria Roggio, Nicolino Pala, Salvatore Marceddu, Giuseppe Lubinu, Alberto Mariani, and Mario Sechi, “Effect of Chitosan concentration on PLGA microcapsules for controlled release and stability of resveratrol,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2014.
- Martinha A. Almeida, Jessica M. Nadal, Sabrina Grassiolli, Katia S. Paludo, Sonia F. Zawadzki, Leticia Cruz, Josiane P. Paula, and Paulo V. Farago, “Enhanced gastric tolerability and improved anti-obesity effect of capsaicinoids-loaded PCL microparticles,” Materials Science & Engineering C-Materials for Biological Applications, vol. 40, pp. 345–356, 2014.
- Farha Masood, Tariq Yasin, and Abdul Hameed, “Polyhydroxyalkanoates – what are the uses? Current challenges and perspectives,” Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Rudra Pangeni, Jasjeet K Sahni, Javed Ali, Shrestha Sharma, and Sanjula Baboota, “Resveratrol: review on therapeutic potential and recent advances in drug delivery,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Martinha A. Almeida, Jessica M. Nadal, Sabrina Grassiolli, Katia S. Paludo, Sônia F. Zawadzki, Letícia Cruz, Josiane P. Paula, and Paulo V. Farago, “Enhanced gastric tolerability and improved anti-obesity effect of capsaicinoids-loaded PCL microparticles,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2014.
- Rebeca Y. Cabrera-Padilla, Milena C. Lisboa, Matheus M. Pereira, Renan T. Figueiredo, Elton Franceschi, Alini T. Fricks, Álvaro S. Lima, Daniel P. Silva, and Cleide M. F. Soares, “Immobilization of Candida rugosa lipase onto an eco-friendly support in the presence of ionic liquid,” Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, 2014.
- Manjunath Srinivas Kamath, Shiek S. S. J. Ahmed, M. Dhanasekaran, and S. Winkins Santosh, “Polycaprolactone scaffold engineered for sustained release of resveratrol: therapeutic enhancement in bone tissue engineering,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 9, pp. 183–195, 2014.
- Fernanda Malaquias Barboza, Willian Moreira Machado, Luiz Renato Olchanheski Junior, Josiane Padilha de Paula, Sônia Faria Zawadzki, Daniel Fernandes, and Paulo Vitor Farago, “PCL/PHBV Microparticles as Innovative Carriers for Oral Controlled Release of Manidipine Dihydrochloride,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Rebeca Y. Cabrera-Padilla, Elvio B. Melo, Matheus M. Pereira, Renan T. Figueiredo, Alini T. Fricks, Elton Franceschi, Alvaro S. Lima, Daniel P. Silva, and Cleide M. F. Soares, “Use of ionic liquids as additives for the immobilization of lipase from Bacillus sp.,” Journal Of Chemical Technology And Biotechnology, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 1308–1316, 2015.
- J. P. Mofokeng, and A. S. Luyt, “Morphology and thermal degradation studies of melt-mixed poly(hydroxybutyrate-co-valerate) (PHBV)/poly(epsilon-caprolactone) (PCL) biodegradable polym,” Journal Of Materials Science, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 3812–3824, 2015.
- Nisalak Upho, Boonsin Tangtrakulwanich, Prisana Pripatnanont, Patcharaporn Thitiwongsawet, and Natnicha Ingviya, “Development of Novel PHBV/PCL and BCP Composite for Musculoskeletal Infection: an In Vitro Vancomycin Release and Anti-MRSA Effect,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2015.
- Janaine Micheli Chassot, Daniele Ribas, Elita Ferreira Silveira, Lauren Dockhorn Gruenspan, Camila Cervi Pires, Paulo Vitor Farago, Elizandra Braganhol, Leandro Tasso, and Leticia Cruz, “Beclomethasone Dipropionate-Loaded Polymeric Nanocapsules: Development, In Vitro Cytotoxicity, and In Vivo Evaluation of Acute Lung Injury,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 855–864, 2015.
- Jue Hu, Molamma P. Prabhakaran, Lingling Tian, Xin Ding, and Seeram Ramakrishna, “Drug-loaded emulsion electrospun nanofibers: characterization, drug release and in vitro biocompatibility,” RSC Adv., vol. 5, no. 121, pp. 100256–100267, 2015.
- Nika Bahari Javan, Leila Rezaie Shirmard, Nersi Jafary Omid, Hamid Akbari Javar, Morteza Rafiee Tehrani, and Farid Abedin Dorkoosh, “ Preparation, statistical optimisation and in vitro characterisation of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate)/poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) blend nanoparticles for prolonged delivery of teriparatide ,” Journal of Microencapsulation, pp. 1–15, 2016.
- Jessica Mendes Nadal, Mona Lisa Simionatto Gomes, Débora Maria Borsato, Martinha Antunes Almeida, Fernanda Malaquias Barboza, Sônia Faria Zawadzki, Paulo Vitor Farago, and Sandra Maria Warumby Zanin, “ Spray-dried solid dispersions containing ferulic acid: comparative analysis of three carriers, in vitro dissolution, antioxidant potential and in vivo anti-platelet effect ,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, pp. 1–12, 2016.
- Bruna Carletto, Juliana Berton, Tamara Nascimento Ferreira, Luciana Facco Dalmolin, Katia Sabrina Paludo, Rubiana Mara Mainardes, Paulo Vitor Farago, and Giovani Marino Favero, “Resveratrol-loaded nanocapsules inhibit murine melanoma tumor growth,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2016.