- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 589875, 7 pages
The Dry Eye Disease Activity Log Study
1Ocular Surface Research group, Singapore Eye Research Institute, Singapore 168751
2Corneal and External Eye Services, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore 168751
3Office of Clinical Science, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore 169857
4Department of Ophthalmology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119228
Received 3 August 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editors: A. Galor and S. Pflugfelder
Copyright © 2012 Jayant V. Iyer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Gayton, “Etiology, prevalence, and treatment of dry eye disease,” Clinical Ophthalmology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 405–412, 2009.
- M. A. Lemp, C. Baudouin, J. Baum et al., “The definition and classification of dry eye disease: report of the definition and classification subcommittee of the international Dry Eye WorkShop (2007),” Ocular Surface, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 75–92, 2007.
- B. Miljanović, R. Dana, D. A. Sullivan, and D. A. Schaumberg, “Impact of dry eye syndrome on vision-related quality of life,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 409–415, 2007.
- R. M. Schiffman, J. G. Walt, G. Jacobsen, J. J. Doyle, G. Lebovics, and W. Sumner, “Utility assessment among patients with dry eye disease,” Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 7, pp. 1412–1419, 2003.
- P. Mertzanis, L. Abetz, K. Rajagopalan et al., “The relative burden of dry eye in patients' lives: comparisons to a U.S. normative sample,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 46–50, 2005.
- P. Reddy, O. Grad, and K. Rajagopalan, “The economic burden of dry eye: a conceptual framework and preliminary assessment,” Cornea, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 751–761, 2004.
- J. Clegg, J. Guest, A. Lehman, and A. Smith, “The annual cost of dry eye syndrome in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom among patients managed by ophthalmologists,” Ophthalmic Epidemiology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 263–274, 2006.
- M. Li, L. Gong, X. Sun, and W. J. Chapin, “Anxiety and depression in patients with dry eye syndrome,” Current Eye Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- M. A. Terry, “Dry eye in the elderly,” Drugs and Aging, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2001.
- S. E. Moss, R. Klein, and B. E. K. Klein, “Prevalance of and risk factors for dry eye syndrome,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 118, no. 9, pp. 1264–1268, 2000.
- D. Fairweather, S. Frisancho-Kiss, and N. R. Rose, “Sex differences in autoimmune disease from a pathological perspective,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 173, no. 3, pp. 600–609, 2008.
- G. Uncu, R. Avci, Y. Uncu, C. Kaymaz, and O. Develioǧlu, “The effects of different hormone replacement therapy regimens on tear function, intraocular pressure and lens opacity,” Gynecological Endocrinology, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 501–505, 2006.
- J. A. Smith, S. Vitale, G. F. Reed et al., “Dry eye signs and symptoms in women with premature ovarian failure,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 151–156, 2004.
- D. A. Schaumberg, D. A. Sullivan, J. E. Buring, and M. R. Dana, “Prevalence of dry eye syndrome among US women,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 318–326, 2003.
- R. T. Ang, D. A. Dartt, and K. Tsubota, “Dry eye after refractive surgery,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 318–322, 2001.
- R. I. Fox, F. V. Howell, R. C. Bone, and P. Michelson, “Primary Sjogren syndrome: clinical and immunopathologic features,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 77–105, 1984.
- A. J. Lee, J. Lee, S. M. Saw et al., “Prevalence and risk factors associated with dry eye symptoms: a population based study in Indonesia,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 86, no. 12, pp. 1347–1351, 2002.
- P. Wolkoff, J. K. Nøjgaard, C. Franck, and P. Skov, “The modern office environment desiccates the eyes?” Indoor Air, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 258–265, 2006.
- A. K. Khurana, R. Choudhary, B. K. Ahluwalia, and S. Gupta, “Hospital epidemiology of dry eye,” Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 55–58, 1991.
- T. Schlote, G. Kadner, and N. Freudenthaler, “Marked reduction and distinct patterns of eye blinking in patients with moderately dry eyes during video display terminal use,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 242, no. 4, pp. 306–312, 2004.
- P. M. Walker, K. J. Lane, G. W. Ousler, and M. B. Abelson, “Diurnal variation of visual function and the signs and symptoms of dry eye,” Cornea, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 607–612, 2010.
- A. J. Bron, M. B. Abelson, G. Ousler et al., “Methodologies to diagnose and monitor dry eye disease: report of the diagnostic methodology subcommittee of the international Dry Eye Workshop (2007),” Ocular Surface, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 108–152, 2007.
- G. Fuentes-Páez, J. M. Herreras, Y. Cordero, A. Almaraz, M. J. González, and M. Calonge, “Lack of concordance between dry eye syndrome questionnaires and diagnostic tests,” Archivos de la Sociedad Espanola de Oftalmologia, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 3–7, 2011.
- J. E. Moore, J. E. Graham, E. A. Goodall et al., “Concordance between common dry eye diagnostic tests,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 66–72, 2009.
- R. L. Chalmers, C. G. Begley, T. Edrington et al., “The agreement between self-assessment and clinician assessment of dry eye severity,” Cornea, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 804–810, 2005.
- J. T. Barr, K. B. Schechtman, B. A. Fink et al., “Corneal scarring in the Collaborative Longitudinal Evaluation of Keratoconus (CLEK) study: baseline prevalence and repeatability of detection,” Cornea, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 34–46, 1999.
- A. Behrens, J. J. Doyle, L. Stern et al., “Dysfunctional tear syndrome: a Delphi approach to treatment recommendations,” Cornea, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 900–907, 2006.
- A. R. Bentivoglio, S. B. Bressman, E. Cassetta, D. Carretta, P. Tonali, and A. Albanese, “Analysis of blink rate patterns in normal subjects,” Movement Disorders, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1028–1034, 1997.
- P. Versura, M. Cellini, A. Torreggiani, V. Profazio, B. Bernabini, and R. Caramazza, “Dryness symptoms, diagnostic protocol and therapeutic management: a report on 1,200 patients,” Ophthalmic Research, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 221–227, 2001.