- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 603043, 10 pages
Critical Period of Weed Control in Aerobic Rice
1Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang 43400, Selangor, Malaysia
2Department of Agronomy, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh 2202, Bangladesh
3Department of Crop Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang 43400, Selangor, Malaysia
4Rice and Industrial Crops Research Centre, Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute, Kuala Lumpur 50774, Malaysia
Received 7 March 2012; Accepted 14 April 2012
Academic Editors: C. Dell, H. A. Torbert, and M. Tsubo
Copyright © 2012 M. P. Anwar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. D. Amador-Ramírez, “Critical period of weed control in transplanted chilli pepper,” Weed Research, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 203–209, 2002.
- R. L. Zimdahl, Weed-Crop Competition: A Review, International Plant Protection Control, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Ore, USA, 1980.
- S. Z. Knezevic, S. P. Evans, E. E. Blankenship, R. C. Van Acker, and J. L. Lindquist, “Critical period for weed control: the concept and data analysis,” Weed Science, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 773–776, 2002.
- S. P. Evans, S. Z. Knezevic, J. L. Lindquist, C. A. Shapiro, and E. E. Blankenship, “Nitrogen application influences the critical period for weed control in corn,” Weed Science, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 408–417, 2003.
- M. M. Williams II, “Planting date influences critical period of weed control in sweet corn,” Weed Science, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 928–933, 2006.
- H. Z. Ghosheh, D. L. Holshouser, and J. M. Chandler, “The critical period of johnsongrass (Sorghum halepense) control in field corn (Zea mays),” Weed Science, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 944–947, 1996.
- M. R. Hall, C. J. Swanton, and G. W. Anderson, “The critical period of weed control in grain corn (Zea mays),” Weed Science, vol. 40, pp. 441–447, 1992.
- R. L. Zimdahl, Weed-Crop Competition: A Review, Blackwell, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 2004.
- B. L. Dillehay, W. S. Curran, and D. A. Mortensen, “Critical period for weed control in alfalfa,” Weed Science, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 68–75, 2011.
- S. Z. Knezevic, S. P. Evans, and M. Mainz, “Row spacing influences the critical timing for weed removal in soybean (Glycine max),” Weed Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 666–673, 2003.
- E. C. Gilmore and R. S. Rogers, “Heat units as a method of measuring maturity in corn,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 50, pp. 611–615, 1958.
- R. L. Zimdahl, “The concept and application of the critical weed free period,” in Weed Management in Agroecosystems: Ecological Approaches, M. A. Altieri and M. Liebman, Eds., pp. 145–155, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1988.
- S. E. Weaver, “Critical period of weed competition in three vegetable crops in relation to management practices,” Weed Research, vol. 24, pp. 317–325, 1984.
- W. Zhang, E. P. Webster, D. Y. Lanclos, and J. P. Geaghan, “Effect of weed interference duration and weed-free period on glufosinate-resistant rice (Oryza sativa),” Weed Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 876–880, 2003.
- D. E. Johnson, M. C. S. Wopereis, D. Mbodj, S. Diallo, S. Powers, and S. M. Haefele, “Timing of weed management and yield losses due to weeds in irrigated rice in the Sahel,” Field Crops Research, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 31–42, 2004.
- M. Azmi, A. S. Juraimi, and M. Y. Mohammad Najib, “Critical period of weedy rice control in direct seeded rice,” Journal of Tropical Agriculture and Food Science, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 319–332, 2007.
- M. Begum, A. S. Juraimi, A. Rajan, S. R. S. Omar, and M. Azmi, “Critical period competition between Fimbristylis miliacea (L.) Vahl and rice (MR 220),” Plant Protection Quarterly, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 153–157, 2008.
- A. S. Juraimi, M. Y. Mohamad Najib, M. Begum, A. R. Anuar, M. Azmi, and A. Puteh, “Critical period of weed competition in direct seeded rice under saturated and flooded conditions,” Pertanika Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 305–316, 2009.
- B. S. Chauhan and D. E. Johnson, “Row spacing and weed control timing affect yield of aerobic rice,” Field Crops Research, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 226–231, 2011.
- T. P. Tuong and B. A. M. Bouman, “Rice production in water-scarce environments,” in Proceedings of the Water Productivity Workshop, Colombo, Sri Lanka, November 2003.
- P. Anwar, A. S. Juraimi, A. Man, A. Puteh, A. Selamat, and M. Begum, “Weed suppressive ability of rice (Oryza sativa L.) germplasm under aerobic soil conditions,” Australian Journal of Crop Science, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 706–717, 2010.
- D. L. Zhao, G. N. Atlin, L. Bastiaans, and J. H. J. Spiertz, “Developing selection protocols for weed competitiveness in aerobic rice,” Field Crops Research, vol. 97, no. 2-3, pp. 272–285, 2006.
- P. Anwar, A. S. Juraimi, A. Puteh, A. Selamat, A. Man, and A. Hakim, “Seeding method and rate influence on weed suppression in aerobic rice,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 10, no. 68, pp. 15259–15271, 2011.
- A. A. L. N. Sarma, T. V. L. Kumar, and K. Koteswararao, “Development of an agroclimatic model for the estimation of rice yield,” Journal of Indian Geophysics Union, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 89–96, 2008.
- SAS (Statistical Analysis System), The SAS system for Windows, Version 9.1, SAS Inst. Inc., Cary, NC, USA, 2003.
- S. G. Martin, R. C. Van Acker, and L. F. Friesen, “Critical period of weed control in spring canola,” Weed Science, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 326–333, 2001.
- C. J. Swanton, J. O'Sullivan, and D. E. Robinson, “The critical weed-free period in carrot,” Weed Science, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 229–233, 2010.
- P. T. Gowda, C. Shankaraiah, A. C. Jnanesh, M. Govindappa, and K. N. K. Murthy, “Studies on chemical weed control in aerobic rice (Oryza sativa L.),” Journal of Crop and Weed, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 321–324, 2009.
- A. S. M. Jaya Suria, A. S. Juraimi, M. M. Rahman, A. B. Man, and A. Selamat, “Efficacy and economics of different herbicides in aerobic rice system,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 10, no. 41, pp. 8007–8022, 2011.
- A. S. Juraimi, M. Begum, M. N. Mohd Yusof, and A. Man, “Efficacy of herbicides on the control weeds and productivity of direct seeded rice under minimal water conditions,” Plant Protection Quarterly, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 19–25, 2010.
- A. S. Juraimi, A. H. Muhammad Saiful, M. Kamal Uddin, A. A. Rahim, and M. Azmi, “Diversity of weeds under different water regimes in irrigated direct seeded rice,” Australian Journal of Crop Science, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 595–564, 2011.
- R. M. Bhagat, S. I. Bhuiyan, K. Moody, and L. E. Estorninos, “Effect of water, tillage and herbicide on ecology of weed communities in intensive wet-seeded rice system,” Crop Protection, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 293–303, 1999.
- A. N. Rao, D. E. Johnson, B. Sivaprasad, J. K. Ladha, and A. M. Mortimer, “Weed management in direct seeded rice,” Advances in Agronomy, vol. 93, pp. 153–255, 2007.
- G. Mahajan, B. S. Chauhan, and D. E. Johnson, “Weed management in aerobic rice in northwestern indo-gangetic plains,” Journal of Crop Improvement, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 366–382, 2009.
- A. Ali, M. A. Malik, R. M. Rehman, R. Sohail, and M. M. Akram, “Growth and yield response of wheat to different sowing times and weed competition durations,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 681–682, 2002.
- B. L. Woolley, T. E. Michaels, M. R. Hall, and C. J. Swanton, “The critical period of weed control in white bean (Phaseolus vulgaris),” Weed Science, vol. 41, pp. 180–184, 1993.
- A. S. Juraimi, M. Begum, A. M. Sherif, and A. Rajan, “Effects of sowing date and nutsedge removal time on plant growth and yield of tef [Eragrostis tef (Zucc.) Trotter],” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 22, pp. 6162–6167, 2009.
- J. K. Norsworthy and M. J. Oliveira, “Comparison of the critical period for weed control in wide- and narrow-row corn,” Weed Science, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 802–807, 2004.
- I. Uremis, A. Uludag, A. C. Ulger, and B. Cakir, “Determination of critical period for weed control in the second crop corn under Mediterranean conditions,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 18, pp. 4475–4480, 2009.