- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 607157, 4 pages
NOD2 Agonist Promotes the Production of Inflammatory Cytokines in VSMC in Synergy with TLR2 and TLR4 Agonists
1Department of Oncology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116027, China
2Department of Cardiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116027, China
Received 2 July 2012; Accepted 21 August 2012
Academic Editors: C. Amarelli, R. Moreno Gomez, and M. Takahashi
Copyright © 2012 Jinghua Sun and Yanchun Ding. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Kawai and S. Akira, “The role of pattern-recognition receptors in innate immunity: update on toll-like receptors,” Nature Immunology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 373–384, 2010.
- D. J. Philpott and S. E. Girardin, “Nod-like receptors: sentinels at host membranes,” Current Opinion in Immunology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 428–434, 2010.
- J. G. Vallejo, “Role of Toll-like receptors in cardiovascular diseases,” Clinical Science, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2011.
- B. N. Davis-Dusenbery, C. Wu, and A. Hata, “Micromanaging vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation and phenotypic modulation,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2370–2377, 2011.
- N. Inohara, M. Chamaillard, C. McDonald, and G. Nuñez, “NOD-LRR proteins: role in host-microbial interactions and inflammatory disease,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 74, pp. 355–383, 2005.
- T. Watanabe, A. Kitani, P. J. Murray, and W. Strober, “NOD2 is a negative regulator of Toll-like receptor 2-mediated T helper type 1 responses,” Nature Immunology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 800–808, 2004.
- A. Uehara, S. Yang, Y. Fujimoto et al., “Muramyldipeptide and diaminopimelic acid-containing desmuramylpeptides in combination with chemically synthesized Toll-like receptor agonists synergistically induced production of interleukin-8 in a NOD2- and NOD1-dependent manner, respectively, in human monocytic cells in culture,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 53–61, 2005.
- J. H. Fritz, S. E. Girardin, C. Fitting et al., “Synergistic stimulation of human monocytes and dendritic cells by Toll-like receptor 4 and NOD1- and NOD2- activating agonists,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 2459–2470, 2005.
- G. E. Morris, M. K. B. Whyte, G. F. Martin, P. J. Jose, S. K. Dower, and I. Sabroe, “Agonists of toll-like receptors 2 and 4 activate airway smooth muscle via mononuclear leukocytes,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 171, no. 8, pp. 814–822, 2005.
- R. de Graaf, G. Kloppenburg, P. J. H. M. Kitslaar, C. A. Bruggeman, and F. Stassen, “Human heat shock protein 60 stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation through Toll-like receptors 2 and 4,” Microbes and Infection, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1859–1865, 2006.
- E. Millette, B. H. Rauch, R. D. Kenagy, G. Daum, and A. W. Clowes, “Platelet-derived growth factor-BB transactivates the fibroblast growth factor receptor to induce proliferation in human smooth muscle cells,” Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 25–28, 2006.
- Z. Wang, P. J. Rao, M. R. Castresana, and W. H. Newman, “TNF-α induces proliferation or apoptosis in human saphenous vein smooth muscle cells depending on phenotype,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 288, no. 1, pp. H293–H301, 2005.
- X. Qi, S. Li, and J. Li, “The prognostic value of IL-8 for cardiac events and restenosis in patients with coronary heart diseases after percutaenous coronary intervention,” Japanese Heart Journal, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 623–632, 2003.
- L. Zhao, J. Y. Lee, and D. H. Hwang, “Inhibition of pattern recognition receptor-mediated inflammation by bioactive phytochemicals,” Nutrition Reviews, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 310–320, 2011.