- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 628216, 9 pages
HCHs and DDTs in Soils around Guanting Reservoir in Beijing, China: Spatial-Temporal Variation and Countermeasures
1State Key Laboratory of Urban and Regional Ecology, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 10085, China
2College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Liaoning Technical University, Fuxin, Liaoning 123000, China
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editors: Y. Shimizu and F.-L. Xu
Copyright © 2012 Tie-yu Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Wei, T. Kameya, and K. Urano, “Environmental management of pesticidal POPs in China: past, present and future,” Environment International, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 894–902, 2007.
- W. Tieyu, L. Yonglong, Z. Hong, and S. Yajuan, “Contamination of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) and relevant management in China,” Environment International, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 813–821, 2005.
- X. T. Wang, S. G. Chu, and X. B. Xu, “Organochlorine pesticide residues in water from Guanting reservoir and Yongding River, China,” Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 351–358, 2003.
- State Environmental Protection Administration, “China's pesticide pollution and its being problems and suggestions,” Environmental Protection, vol. 6, pp. 23–24, 2001.
- F. Wania and D. Mackay, “Tracking the distribution of persistent organic pollutants,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 390–396, 1996.
- H. Hung, P. Blanchard, C. J. Halsall et al., “Temporal and spatial variabilities of atmospheric polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), organochlorine (OC) pesticides and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the Canadian Arctic: results from a decade of monitoring,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 342, no. 1–3, pp. 119–144, 2005.
- K. S. B. Miglioranza, J. E. A. de Moreno, and V. J. Moreno, “Trends in soil science: organochlorine pesticides in Argentinean soils,” Journal of Soils and Sediments, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 264–265, 2003.
- N. Xue, X. Xu, and Z. Jin, “Screening 31 endocrine-disrupting pesticides in water and surface sediment samples from Beijing Guanting reservoir,” Chemosphere, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 1594–1606, 2005.
- Y. Z. Sun, X. T. Wang, and X. B. Xu, “Persistent organochlorine pesticide residues in fish from Guanting Reservoir, People's Republic of China,” Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 537–544, 2005.
- N. Xue, D. Zhang, and X. Xu, “Organochlorinated pesticide multiresidues in surface sediments from Beijing Guanting reservoir,” Water Research, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 183–194, 2006.
- H. Zhang, Y. Lu, R. W. Dawson, Y. Shi, and T. Wang, “Classification and ordination of DDT and HCH in soil samples from the Guanting reservoir, China,” Chemosphere, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 762–769, 2005.
- T. Y. Wang, Y. L. Lu, R. W. Dawson, Y. J. Shi, H. Zhang, and Y. Xing, “Effects of environmental factors on organochlorine pesticide residues in soils of the Guanting reservoir area, China,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health B, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 309–321, 2006.
- W. Luo, Y. L. Lu, J. P. Giesy et al., “Effects of land use on concentrations of metals in surface soils and ecological risk around Guanting reservoir, China,” Environmental Geochemistry and Health, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- T. Y. Wang, C. L. Chen, J. E. Naile, J. S. Khim, J. P. Giesy, and Y. L. Lu, “Perfluorinated compounds in water, sediment and soil from Guanting reservoir, China,” Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 74–79, 2011.
- W. Tieyu, L. Yonglong, S. Yajuan, and Z. Hong, “Spatial distribution of organochlorine pesticide residues in soils surrounding Guanting reservoir, People's Republic of China,” Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 623–630, 2005.
- T. Y. Wang, Y. L. Lu, Y. J. Shi, J. P. Giesy, and W. Luo, “Organochlorine pesticides in soils around Guanting reservoir, China,” Environmental Geochemistry and Health, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 491–501, 2007.
- J. H. Kim and A. Smith, “Distribution of organochlorine pesticides in soils from South Korea,” Chemosphere, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 137–140, 2001.
- W. Y. Hu, Y. L. Lu, G. Wang et al., “Organochlorine pesticides in soils around watersheds of Beijing reservoirs: a case study in guanting and Miyun reservoirs,” Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 694–700, 2009.
- W. Y. Hu, Y. L. Lu, T. Y. Wang et al., “Spatial variability and temporal trends of HCH and DDT in soils around Beijing Guanting reservoir, China,” Environmental Geochemistry and Health, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 441–449, 2010.
- A. Aguilar, “Relationship of DDE/SIGMA DDT in marine mammals to the chronology of DDT input into the ecosystem,” Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 840–844, 1984.
- X. Qiu, T. Zhu, B. Yao, J. Hu, and S. Hu, “Contribution of dicofol to the current DDT pollution in China,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 4385–4390, 2005.
- NMH, “The Netherlands ministry of housing, spatial planning and environment’s circular on target values and intervention values for soil remediation,” 2000, http://www.esdat.net/Environmental%20Standards/Dutch/annexS_I2000Dutch%20Environmental%20Standards.pdf.
- W. Luo, T. Y. Wang, Y. L. Lu et al., “Landscape ecology of the Guanting reservoir, Beijing, China: multivariate and geostatistical analyses of metals in soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 146, no. 2, pp. 567–576, 2007.
- S. Yajuan, L. Yonglong, Z. Hong, W. Tieyu, and X. Ying, “Persistent organic pollutants control strategy in China,” Journal of Environmental Sciences, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2005.
- H. Zhang, Y. Lu, Y. Shi, T. Wang, Y. Xing, and R. W. Dawson, “Legal framework related to persistent organic pollutants (POPs) management in China,” Environmental Science and Policy, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 153–160, 2005.
- M. H. Lau, K. M. Leung, S. W. Wong, H. Wang, and Z. G. Yan, “Environmental policy, legislation, and management of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in China,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 165, pp. 182–192, 2012.