- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 651416, 7 pages
Impacts of Horticultural Mineral Oils and Two Insecticide Practices on Population Fluctuation of Diaphorina citri and Spread of Huanglongbing in a Citrus Orchard in Sarawak
1Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia Campus Bintulu Sarawak, Jalan Nyabau, 97008 Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia
2Faculty of Resource Science and Technology, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
3Centre for Plant and Food Science, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith New South Wales 2751, Australia
Received 11 November 2011; Accepted 1 February 2012
Academic Editor: Aurelio Gómez-Cadenas
Copyright © 2012 Stephen Chan Teck Leong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. D. Hodkinson and J. M. White, “The neotropical Psyllidae. (Homoptera: Insecta) an annoted check list,” Journal Natural History, vol. 15, pp. 491–523, 1981.
- S. Jagoueix, J. M. Bove, and M. Garnier, “The phloem-limited bacterium of greening disease of citrus is a member of the α subdivision of the Proteobacteria,” International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 379–386, 1994.
- J. M. Bove, E. C. Calavan, S. O. Capoor, R. E. Cortez, and R. E. Schwarz , “Influence of temperature on symptoms of California Stubborn, South African greening, Indian decline and Philippines leaf mottle,” in Proceedings of the 6th Conference International Organization of Citrus Virologists, V. J. Da Graca, P. Moreno, and K. R. Yokimi, Eds., pp. 12–15, Calif, USA, 1974.
- J. M. Bove, M. Garnier, Y. S. Ahlawat, N. K. Charkraborty, and A. Varma, “Detection of the Asian strains of the greening BLO by DNA-DNA hybridization in Indian orchard trees and Malaysian Diaphorina citri psyllids,” in Proceedings of the 12th Conference International Organization of Citrus Virologists, J. V. Da Graca, P. Moreno, and R. K. Yokimi, Eds., pp. 258–263, Calif, USA, 1992.
- H. D. Catling, “Distribution of the psyllid vectors of citrus greening disease with notes on the biology and bionomics of D. citri Kuw,” FAO Plant Protection Bulletin, vol. 18, pp. 8–15, 1970.
- Y. D. Pande, “Biology of citrus psylla, Diaphorina citri Kuw. (Hemiptera: Psyllidae),” Israel Journal Entomology, vol. 6, pp. 307–311, 1971.
- J. H. Tsai, Z. Y. Chen, C. Y. Shen, and K. X. Jin, “Mycoplasmas and fastidious vascular prokaryotes associated with tree diseases in China,” in Tree Mycoplasmas and Mycoplasma Diseases, C. Hiruki, Ed., pp. 69–240, The University of Alberta Press, Edmonton, Canada, 1988.
- B. Aubert, M. Grisono, M. Villemin, and G. Rossolin, “A case study of huanglongbing (greening) control in Réunion,” in Proceedings of the 13th Conference IOCV, J. V. Da Graca, P. Moreno, and R. K. Yokimi, Eds., pp. 276–278, Calif, USA, 1996.
- C. F. Xu, Y. H. Xia, K. B. Li, and C. Ke, “Further study of the transmission of citrus huanglongbin by psyllid, Diaphorina citri Kuwayama,” in Proceedings of the FAO-UNDP Regional Workshop on Citrus Greening Huanglongbin Disease, p. 10, Fuzhou, China, December 1987.
- B. Aubert , “Citrus greening disease, a serious limiting factor for citriculture in Asia and Africa,” in Proceedings of the 4th World Congress of International Society of Citrus 1993, R. Etienne, Ed., pp. 134–142, Nurserymen, South Africa.
- H. J. Su and A. L. Huang, “The nature of Likobia organism, life cycle, morphology and possible strains,” in Proceedings of the Conference, UNDP—FAO Regional Project for Citrus Greening Control, pp. 106–110, 1990.
- O. A. Reinking, “Disease of economic plants in Southern China,” Philippine Agriculture, vol. 8, pp. 109–135, 1919.
- B. Aubert, “Malaysian citriculture report of visits October 19th–22nd 1987 and February 23rd–28th 1989,” Tech. Rep., 1989.
- B. Aubert, “Integrated activities for the control of huanglongbing-greening and its vector Diaphorina citri Kuwayama in Asia,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Asia-Pacific Conference on Citrus Rehabilitation, UNDP-FAO, B. Aubert, S. Tontyaporn, and D. Buangsuwon, Eds., pp. 133–144, Chiang Mai, Thailand, February 1990.
- J. V. Da Graca, “Citrus greening disease,” Annual Review of Phytopathology, vol. 29, pp. 109–136, 1991.
- M. Garnier and J. M. Bove, “Distribution of the huanglongbing (greening) Liberobacter species in fifteen African and Asian countries,” in Proceedings of the 13th Conference of the International Organization of Citrus Virologists, J. V. Da Graca, P. Moreno, and R. K. Yokomi, Eds., pp. 388–391, Riverside: International Organization of Citrus Virologists, University of California, Fujian, China, November 1995.
- M. P. Weinert, S. C. Jacobson, J. F. Grimshaw et al., “Detection of Huanglongbing (citrus greening disease) in Timor-Leste (East Timor) and in Papua New Guinea,” Australasian Plant Pathology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 135–136, 2004.
- S. Halbert, “The discovery of huanglongbing in Florida,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Citrus Canker and Huanglongbing Research Workshop, no. H-3, p. 50, Orlando, Fla, USA, November 2005.
- S. A. Lopes, R. B. BassaneziJr. Belasquej, and P. T. Yamamoto, “Management of citrus huanglongbing in the State of São Paulo–Brazil,” in Proceedings of the FFTC-PPRI-NIFTS Joint Workshop on Management of Citrus Greening and Virus Diseases for the Rehabilitation of Citrus Industry in the ASPAC, T. Y. Ku and T. H. H. Pham, Eds., pp. 107–117, PhamPlant Protection Research Institute, Hanoi, Vietnam, September 2008.
- S. Tiwari, R. S. Mann, M. E. Rogers, and L. L. Stelinski, “Insecticide resistance in field populations of Asian citrus psyllid in Florida,” Pest Management Science, vol. 67, pp. 1258–1268, 2011.
- B. Aubert, “High density planting (HDP) of Jiaogan mandarin in the lowland area of shantou (Guangdong China) and implications for greening control,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Asia-Pacific Conference on Citrus Rehabilitation, UNDP-FAO, B. Aubert, S. Tontyaporn, and D. Buangsuwon, Eds., pp. 149–157, Chiang Mai, Thailand, February 1990.
- A. Yunus and T. H. Ho, “List of economic pests, host plants, parasites and predators in W. Malaysia (1920–1978),” Ministry of Agriculture Bulletin, no. 153, 1980.
- W. W. Ko, “Plant indexing to detect the greening disease in Malaysia,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Asian/Pacific Regional Workshop on citrus greening, B. Aubert, C. Ke, and C. Gonzales, Eds., pp. 84–86, UNDP-FAO, Lipa, Philippines, November 1988.
- W. W. Ko, “Citrus diseases in Malaysia,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Asia Pacific Workshop on Integrated Citrus Health Management, C. Ke and S. B. Osman, Eds., pp. 147–162, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 1991.
- W. H. Lim, O. M. Shamsudin, and W. W. Ko, “Citrus greening disease and alternate hosts of the vector, Diaphorina citri Kuw. in P. Malaysia,” MAPPS Newsletter (The Newsletter of the Malaysian Plant Protection Society), vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 56–58, 1990.
- W. H. Lim, O. M. Shamsudin, and W. W. Ko., “Citrus greening disease in Malaysia: status report,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Asia Pacific Conf. on Citrus Rehabilitation, B. Aubert, S. Tontyaporn, and D. Buangsuwon, Eds., pp. 100–105, FAO UNDP, Chiang Mai, Thailand, February, 1990.
- C. H. Teo, B. H. Voon, and C. T. Leong, “Integrated Management of citrus greening disease (Huanglongbing) in Sarawak,” in Proceedings of the Plant Resource Management Conference, pp. 29–31, Kuching, Malaysia, 2000.
- N. G. Wee, “Development plan on replanting of citrus in 7MP: Mechanics, physical and financial schedule,” in Proceedings of the In-House Mini-Seminar on Citrus Greening Disease Rehabilitation Programme, no. 2, Technology Promotion, Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Institute Semongok, June1996.
- S. C. T. Leong, H. L. Ng, G. A. C. Beattie, and D. M. Watson, “Comparison of a horticultural mineral oil and two pesticide-based programs for control of citrus pests in Sarawak, Malaysia,” in Proceedings of the Spray Oils Beyond 2000: Sustainable Pests and Disease Management, 25-29 October 1999, Sydney, Australia, G. A. C. Beattie, D. M. Watson, M. L. Stevens, D. J. Rae, and R.N. Spooner-Hart, Eds., pp. 432–443, 2002.
- S.C.T Leong, Spread of Huanglongbing, Population Dynamics and Control of Diaphorina citri Kuwayama, the Asiatic Citrus Psyllid in Sarawak, Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Resource Science and Technology, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 2006.
- G. A. C. Beattie, P. Holford, D. J. Mabberley, A. M. Haigh, R. Bayer, and P. Broadbent, “Aspects and insights of Australia-Asia collaborative research on Huanglongbing,” 2007.
- C. C. Childers and M. E. Rogers, “Chemical control and management approaches of the Asian citrus psyllid, Diaphorina citri Kuwayama (Homoptera: Psyllidae) in Florida citrus,” in Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society, vol. 118, pp. 49–53, 2005.
- D. J. Rae, G. A. C. Beattie, D. M. Watson, Z. M. Liu, and L. Jiang, “Effects of Petroleum Spray Oils without with Copper Fungicides on the Control of Citrus Leafminer, Phyllocnistis citrella Stainton (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae),” Australian Journal of Entomology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 247–251, 1996.
- M. J. Samways and B. Q. Manicom, “Immigration, frequency distributions and dispersion patterns of the psyllid Trioza erytreae (Del Guercio) in a citrus orchard,” Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 463–472, 1983.
- F. Gatineau, H. T. Loc, N. D. Tuyen, T. M. Tuan, N. T. D. Hien, and N. T. N. Ruc, “Effects of 2 insecticide practices on population dynamics of Diaphorina citri and on huanglongbing incidence in south Vietnam,” in Proceedings of the Huanglongbing–Greening International Workshop, Ribeirão Preto, p. 110, São Paulo, Brazil, July 2006.
- C. F. Xu, Y. H. Xia, K. B. Li, and C. Ke, “Preliminary study on the bionomics of Diaphorina citri Kuwayama, the vector of citrus huanglungbin disease,” in Proceedings of the 2nd FAO-UNDP Regional Workshop, Lipa, Philippines. Asian-Pacific Citrus Greening, B. Aubert, C. Ke, and C. Gonzales, Eds., pp. 29–31, 1988.
- J. N. Simon and T. A. Zitter, “Use of oils to control aphid borne viruses,” Plant Disease, vol. 64, pp. 542–546, 1980.
- J. J. Vandenveken, “Oils and other inhibitors of nonpersistent virus transmission,” in Aphids as Virus Vectors, K. F. Harris and K. Maramorosh, Eds., pp. 435–454, Acadamic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- B. Aubert, “Epidermiological aspects of the greening (Huanglungbing) disease in Asia,” in Proceedings of the FAO Regional Workshop on Citrus Greening Huanglungbing Disease, Fuzhou, China, December, 1987.
- R. E. Schwarz, A. P. D. McClean, and H. D. Catling, “The spread of greening disease by the citrus psylla in South Africa,” Phytophytactica, vol. 2, pp. 59–60, 1970.
- M. J. Samways, “Weather and monitoring the abundance of the adult citrus psylla, Trioza erytreae (Del Guercio) (Hom., Triozidae),” Journal of Applied Entomology, vol. 103, pp. 502–508, 1987.
- M. Koizumi, M. Prommintara, G. Linwattana, and T. Kaisuwan, “Epidemiological aspects of citrus huanglongbing (greening) disease in thailand,” Japan Agricultural Research Quarterly, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 205–211, 1997.
- R. W. Gibson, A. D. Rice, J. A. Pickett, M. C. Smith, and R. M. Sawicki, “The effects of the repellents dodecanoic acid and polygodial on the acquisition of non-,semi-and persistent plant viruses by the aphid Myzus persicae,” Annal of Applied Biology, vol. 100, pp. 55–59, 1982.
- A. D. Rice, R. W. Gibson, and M. F. Stribley, “Effects of deltamethrin on walking, flight and potato virus Y-transmission by pyrethroid-resistant Myzus persicae,” Annal of Applied Biology, vol. 102, pp. 229–236, 1983.
- D. J. Rae, W. G. Liang, D. M. Watson, G. A. C. Beattie, and M. D. Huang, “Evaluation of petroleum spray oils for control of the Asian citrus psylla, Diaphorina citri (Kuwayama) (Hemiptera: Psyllidae), in China,” International Journal of Pest Management, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 1997.
- S. A. Shafee, S. M. Alam, and M. M. Agarwal, “Taxonomic survey of encyrtid parasite (Hymenoptera : Encyrtidae) in India,” Aligarh Muslim University Publication On Indian Insect Types, vol. 10, pp. 1–125, 1975.