- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 673483, 5 pages
Analysis of Risk Factors for Amputation in 822 Cases with Acute Arterial Emboli
Erzurum Regional Training and Research Hospital, Cardiovascular Surgery Department, 25080 Erzurum, Turkey
Received 6 October 2011; Accepted 13 November 2011
Academic Editor: Kazem M. Azadzoi
Copyright © 2012 Ozgur Dag et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. J. Elliott, J. H. Hageman, and D. E. Szilagyi, “Arterial embolization: problems of source, multiplicity, recurrence, and delayed treatment,” Surgery, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 833–845, 1980.
- H. Haimovici, “Arterial embolism of the extremities & technique of embolectomy,” in Vascular Surgery Haimovici, pp. 423–424, 4th edition, 1996.
- T. J. Fogarty and A. Biswas, “Acute arterial occlusion,” in Sabiston’s Text-Book of Surgery, pp. 723-–730, 15th edition, 1997.
- H. T. Keçeligil, M. Küsdül, and G. V. A. Gökgözoglu, “Akut periferik arteryel tıkanıklıklar: 179 olgunun sunumu,” Türk Göğüs Kalp Damar Cerrahisi Dergisi, vol. 7, pp. 319–323, 1999.
- L. Vrtik, F. Zernovicky, J. Kubis, et al., “Arterial embolism in the extremities,” Rozhl Chir, vol. 9, pp. 465–469, 2001.
- L. V. Poluektov, N. V. Kaigarodova, V. N. Danilenko, I. U. R. Ereshchenko, and V. V. Vasilevich, “Arterial embolism and acute thrombosis in patients with arteriosclerosis and rheumatic heart disease,” Kardiologiya, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 43–46, 1983.
- H. Romanoff and Y. Floman, “Peripheral arterial embolectomy in the aged,” Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 224–229, 1976.
- I. Nawaz, “A study of thirty-nine cases of arterial embolectomy,” Annals of the Academy of Medicine Singapore, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 844–847, 1994.
- K Taviloglu, K. Günay, and O. V. A. Asoglu, “10 yıllık periferik arteryel tıkanıklık olgularımızın analizi,” Damar Cerrahisi Dergisi, vol. 4, pp. 17–21, 1995.
- D. C. Brewster, A. K. Chin, and T. J. Fogarty, “Arterial thromboembolism,” in Vascular Surgery, R. B. Rutherford, Ed., pp. 546–564, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 1989.
- M. I. Kairaluoma, P. Kärkölä, and T. K. I. Larmi, “Surgical treatment of arterial embolism: fifteen years' experience,” Annales Chirurgiae et Gynaecologiae, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 163–167, 1976.
- D. Raithel, “Late results after arterial embolectomy,” Journal of Vascular Diseases, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 211–213, 1980.
- T. Hernandez-Richter, M. K. Angele, T. Helmberger, K. W. Jauch, L. Lauterjung, and F. W. Schildberg, “Acute ischemia of the upper extremity: long-term results following thrombembolectomy with the Fogarty catheter,” Langenbeck's Archives of Surgery, vol. 386, no. 4, pp. 261–266, 2001.
- D. Bergqvist, B. F. Ericsson, P. Konrad, and S. E. Bergentz, “Arterial surgery of the upper extremity,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 786–791, 1983.
- J. M. Klausner, I. S. Paterson, L. Kobzik, C. R. Valeri, D. Shepro, and H. B. Hechtman, “Oxygen free radicals mediate ischemia-induced lung injury,” Surgery, vol. 105, no. 2 I, pp. 192–199, 1989.
- R. Englund and H. R. Magee, “Peripheral arterial embolism: 1961–1985,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 27–31, 1987.
- E. G. Shifrin, H. Anner, A. Eid, and H. Romanoff, “Practice and theory of “delayed” embolectomy. A 22-year perspective,” Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 553–556, 1986.
- J. G. Kretz, E. Weiss, and A. Limuris, “Arterial emboli of the upper extremity: a persisting problem,” Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 233–235, 1984.
- M. Staudacher, C. Böhm, A. End, C. Haberzettl, M. R. Müller, and M. Vodrazaka, “Der embolische Verschluß der oberen Extremitätenarterien,” Journal of Vascular Diseases, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 358–364, 1991.
- H. V. Zühlke, R. Häring, V. Heißmeyer, and K. Hager, “Embolische gefäßverschlüsse im bereich der extremitätenarterien,” Aktuelle Chirurgie, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 45–51, 1990.
- T. J. Fogarty, P. O. Daily, N. E. Shumway, and W. Krippaehne, “Experience with balloon catheter technic for arterial embolectomy,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 231–237, 1971.