- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 721313, 5 pages
Correlation of Dynamic PET and Gene Array Data in Patients with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
1Medical PET Group, Biological Imaging, CCU Nuclear Medicine, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
2Molecular Immunology Group, Institute of Immunology, University of Rostock, 18055 Rostock, Germany
3Division of Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mannheim University Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, 69135 Mannheim, Germany
Received 13 March 2012; Accepted 29 March 2012
Academic Editors: P. Hartvig, T. Momose, and L. Roncucci
Copyright © 2012 Ludwig G. Strauss et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Rutkowski, A. Wozniak, M. Debiec-Rychter et al., “Clinical utility of the new American Joint Committee on Cancer staging system for gastrointestinal stromal tumors: current overall survival after primary tumor resection,” Cancer, vol. 117, no. 21, pp. 4916–4924, 2011.
- T. Setoguchi, H. Kikuchi, M. Yamamoto et al., “Microarray analysis identifies versican and CD9 as potent prognostic markers in gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” Cancer Science, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 883–889, 2011.
- M. Schmieder, S. Wolf, B. Danner et al., “p16 expression differentiates high-risk gastrointestinal stromal tumor and predicts poor outcome,” Neoplasia, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1154–1162, 2008.
- L. G. Strauss, D. Koczan, S. Klippel et al., “Impact of angiogenesis-related gene expression on the tracer kinetics of 18F-FDG in colorectal tumors,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1238–1244, 2008.
- L. G. Strauss, D. Koczan, S. Klippel et al., “Impact of cell-proliferation-associated gene expression on 2-deoxy-2-[ 18F]fluoro-D-glucose (FDG) kinetics as measured by dynamic positron emission tomography (dPET) in Colorectal Tumors,” Molecular Imaging and Biology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1290–1300, 2011.
- L. G. Strauss and P. S. Conti, “The applications of PET in clinical oncology,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 623–648, 1991.
- T. Ohtake, N. Kosaka, T. Watanabe et al., “Noninvasive method to obtain input function for measuring tissue glucose utilization of thoracic and abdominal organs,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1432–1438, 1991.
- L. G. Strauss, A. Dimitrakopoulou-Strauss, D. Koczan et al., “18F-FDG kinetics and gene expression in giant cell tumors,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1528–1535, 2004.
- L. G. Strauss, L. Pan, D. Koczan et al., “Fusion of positron emission tomography (PET) and gene array data: a new approach for the correlative analysis of molecular biological and clinical data,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 804–812, 2007.
- L. Rink, Y. Skorobogatko, A. V. Kossenkov et al., “Gene expression signatures and response to imatinib mesylate in gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 2172–2182, 2009.
- D. J. Apostolopoulos, A. Dimitrakopoulou-Strauss, P. Hohenberger, S. Roumia, and L. G. Strauss, “Parametric images via dynamic 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographic data acquisition in predicting midterm outcome of liver metastases secondary to gastrointestinal stromal tumours,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 1212–1223, 2011.
- I. Gayed, T. Vu, R. Iyer et al., “The role of 18F-FDG PET in staging and early prediction of response to therapy of recurrent gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 17–21, 2004.
- J. W. Park, C. H. Cho, D. S. Jeong, and H. D. Chae, “Role of F-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography in gastric GIST: predicting malignant potential pre-operatively,” Journal of Gastric Cancer, vol. 11, pp. 173–179, 2011.
- E. Kavanagh and B. Joseph, “The hallmarks of CDKN1C (p57, KIP2) in cancer,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1816, no. 1, pp. 50–56, 2011.