- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 817454, 5 pages
Occurrence of the Foramen of Vesalius and Its Morphometry Relevant to Clinical Consideration
1Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
3Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Received 26 October 2011; Accepted 1 December 2011
Academic Editor: Aldo Spallone
Copyright © 2012 Vipavadee Chaisuksunt et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Kocaoǧullar, E. Avci, D. Fossett, and A. Caputy, “The extradural subtemporal keyhole approach to the sphenocavernous region: anatomic considerations,” Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 100–105, 2003.
- K. Kodama, K. Inoue, M. Nagashima, G. Matsumura, S. Watanabe, and G. Kodama, “Studies on the foramen vesalius in the Japanese juvenile and adult skulls,” Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 667–674, 1997.
- N. Gupta, B. Ray, and S. Ghosh, “Anatomic c haracteristics of foramen vesalius,” Kathmandu University Medical Journal, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 155–158, 2005.
- J. Reymond, A. Charuta, and J. Wysocki, “The morphology and morphometry of the foramina of the greater wing of the human sphenoid bone,” Folia Morphologica, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 188–193, 2005.
- A. C. Rossi, A. R. Freire, F. B. Prado, P. H. F. Caria, and P. R. Botacin, “Morphological characteristics of foramen of Vesalius and its relationship with clinical implications,” Journal of Morphological Sciences, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2010.
- A. L. Shinohara, C. G. De Souza Melo, E. M. V. Silveira, J. R. P. Lauris, J. C. Andreo, and A. De Castro Rodrigues, “Incidence, morphology and morphometry of the foramen of Vesalius: complementary study for a safer planning and execution of the trigeminal rhizotomy technique,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 159–164, 2010.
- R. Shapiro and F. Robinson, “The foramina of the middle fossa: a phylogenetic, anatomic and pathologic study,” The American Journal of Roentgenology, Radium Therapy, and Nuclear Medicine, vol. 101, no. 4, pp. 779–794, 1967.
- M. Kaplan, F. S. Erol, M. F. Ozveren, C. Topsakal, B. Sam, and I. Tekdemir, “Review of complications due to foramen ovale puncture,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 563–568, 2007.
- G. I. Boyd, “The emissary foramina of the cranium in man and the anthropoids,” Journal of Anatomy, vol. 65, pp. 108–121, 1930.
- P. L. William, L. H. Bannister, M. Berry, and H. Gray, “Osteology,” in Gray's Anatomy, H. Gray, L. H. Bannister, M. Berry, and P. L. William, Eds., p. 344, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 38th edition, 1995.
- J. Wysocki, J. Reymond, H. Skarzyński, and B. Wróbel, “The size of selected human skull foramina in relation to skull capacity,” Folia Morphologica, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 301–308, 2006.
- R. A. Bergman, A. K. Afifi, and R. Miyauchi, “Illustrated encyclopedia of human anatomic variation: opus V: skeletal systems: cranium,” in Illustrated Encyclopedia of Human Anatomic Variation, 1995.
- L. E. Ginsberg, S. W. Pruett, M. Y. M. Chen, and A. D. Elster, “Skull-base foramina of the middle cranial fossa: reassessment of normal variation with high-resolution CT,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 283–291, 1994.
- J. K. Berge and R. A. Bergman, “Variations in size and in symmetry of foramina of the human skull,” Clinical Anatomy, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 406–413, 2001.
- A. Vesalius, De humani corporis fabrica libri septem (Basel). Ex officina Joannis Oporini, 1543.
- C. F. Lanzieri, P. M. Duchesneau, S. A. Rosenbloom, A. S. Smith, and A. E. Rosenbaum, “The significance of asymmetry of the foramen of Vesalius,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1201–1204, 1988.
- W. H. Sweet, “Trigeminal neuralgias,” in Facial Pain, C. C. Allying, Ed., pp. 89–106, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1968.