- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 823493, 15 pages
Serotonin Receptors in Hippocampus
1Facultad de Química, Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro, Centro Universitario S/N, Cerro de las Campanas, Querétaro 76010, Mexico
2Instituto de Neurobiología, Universidad Nacional de México, Campus Juriquilla, Querétaro 76230, Mexico
3Department of Neurobiology and Behaviour, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-4550, USA
Received 27 October 2011; Accepted 8 December 2011
Academic Editor: Jerrel Yakel
Copyright © 2012 Laura Cristina Berumen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gabriele Loers, Vedangana Saini, Bibhudatta Mishra, Florentia Papastefanaki, David Lutz, Sidhartha Chaudhury, Daniel R. Ripoll, Anders Wallqvist, Sheraz Gul, Melitta Schachner, and Gurcharan Kaur, “Nonyloxytryptamine mimics polysialic acid and modulates neuronal and glial functions in cell culture,” Journal of Neurochemistry, 2013.
- Winanda W. Ursinus, J. Elizabeth Bolhuis, Johan J. Zonderland, T. Bas Rodenburg, Adriana S. de Souza, Rudie E. Koopmanschap, Bas Kemp, Gerdien A.H. Korte-Bouws, S. Mechiel Korte, and Cornelis G. van Reenen, “Relations between peripheral and brain serotonin measures and behavioural responses in a novelty test in pigs,” Physiology & Behavior, vol. 118, pp. 88–96, 2013.
- Claudia Ojeda-Gómez, Hernán Pessoa-Mahana, Patricio Iturriaga-Vásquez, Carlos David Pessoa-Mahana, Gonzalo Recabarren-Gajardo, and Claudio Méndez-Rojas, “Synthesis and Biological Screening of Novel Indolalkyl Arenes Targeting the Serotonine Transporter,” Archiv der Pharmazie, vol. 347, no. 3, pp. 174–184, 2013.
- Ioannis K. Papazoglou, Arnaud Jean, Arieh Gertler, Mohammed Taouis, and Claire-Marie Vacher, “Hippocampal GSK3β as a Molecular Link Between Obesity and Depression,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2014.
- Mohammad Nasehi, Mehdi Jamshidi-Mehr, Fatemeh Khakpai, and Mohammad-Reza Zarrindast, “Possible involvement of CA1 5-HT1B/1D and 5-HT2A/2B/2C receptors in Harmaline-induced amnesia,” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 2014.
- C. Brad Wilson, Leslie D. McLaughlin, Philip J. Ebenezer, Anand R. Nair, Rahul Dange, Joseph G. Harre, Thomas L. Shaak, David M. Diamond, and Joseph Francis, “Differential effects of sertraline in a predator exposure animal model of post-traumatic stress disorder,” Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Minkyung Lee, Young Hoon Ryu, Won Gil Cho, Tae Joo Jeon, Chul Hyoung Loo, Yeo Wool Kang, Soo Jin Lee, Chul Hoon Kim, Dong Goo Kim, Jee Hae Kang, Young Beom Seo, Chi Hoon Yi, Kyochul Lee, Tae Hyun Choi, and Jae Yong Choi, “Dopaminergic neuron destruction Reduces hippocampal serotonin 1A receptor uptake of trans-[18F]Mefway,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 2014.
- S. Wang, Y. Ni, F. Guo, Z. Sun, A. Ahmed, and R. Zhao, “Differential expression of hypothalamic fear- and stress-related genes in broiler chickens showing short or long tonic immobility,” Domestic Animal Endocrinology, vol. 47, pp. 65–72, 2014.
- C. Brad Wilson, Leslie D. McLaughlin, Philip J. Ebenezer, Anand R. Nair, and Joseph Francis, “Valproic Acid Effects in the Hippocampus and Prefrontal Cortex in an Animal Model of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder,” Behavioural Brain Research, 2014.
- C. Brad Wilson, Philip J. Ebenezer, Leslie D. McLaughlin, and Joseph Francis, “Predator Exposure/Psychosocial Stress Animal Model of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Modulates Neurotransmitters in the Rat Hippocampus and Prefrontal Cortex,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Mohammad Nasehi, Maryam Tabatabaie, Fatemeh Khakpai, and Mohammad-Reza Zarrindast, “The effects of CA1 5HT4 receptors in MK801-induced amnesia and hyperlocomotion,” Neuroscience Letters, 2014.
- Konstantin Glebov, Marie Löchner, Ronald Jabs, Thorsten Lau, Olaf Merkel, Patrick Schloss, Christian Steinhäuser, and Jochen Walter, “Serotonin stimulates secretion of exosomes from microglia cells,” Glia, 2014.
- F Boulle, R Massart, E Stragier, E Païzanis, L Zaidan, S Marday, C Gabriel, E Mocaer, R Mongeau, and L Lanfumey, “Hippocampal and behavioral dysfunctions in a mouse model of environmental stress: normalization by agomelatine,” Translational Psychiatry, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. e485, 2014.
- Kathleen McAvoy, Craig Russo, Shannen Kim, Genelle Rankin, and Amar Sahay, “Fluoxetine induces input-specific hippocampal dendritic spine remodeling along the septotemporal axis in adulthood and middle age,” Hippocampus, 2015.
- Mohammad Nasehi, Faezeh Kafi, Fatemeh Khakpai, and Mohammad-Reza Zarrindast, “Involvement of the serotonergic system of the ventral hippocampus (CA3) on amnesia induced by ACPA in mice,” Behavioural Brain Research, 2015.
- Sarahi Lopez-Esparza, Laura C. Berumen, Karla Padilla, Ricardo Miledi, and Guadalupe García-Alcocer, “Expression of hippocampal serotonin receptors 5-HT2C and 5-HT5A in a rat model of diet-induced obesity supplemented with tryptophan,” International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience, 2015.
- Rodrigo Arreola, Enrique Becerril-Villanueva, Carlos Cruz-Fuentes, Marco Antonio Velasco-Velázquez, María Eugenia Garcés-Alvarez, Gabriela Hurtado-Alvarado, Saray Quintero-Fabian, and Lenin Pavón, “Immunomodulatory Effects Mediated by Serotonin,” Journal of Immunology Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–21, 2015.