- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 863949, 4 pages
Endothelial Cell Markers in Patients with Pseudoexfoliation Syndrome
1Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwik Rydygier’s Collegium Medicum, The Nicolaus Copernicus University, Curie-Skłodowskiej 9, 85-094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
2Department of Pathophysiology, Ludwik Rydygier’s Collegium Medicum, The Nicolaus Copernicus University, Curie-Skłodowskiej 9, 85-094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Received 18 December 2011; Accepted 12 January 2012
Academic Editors: Z. Bashshur and N. Ishizaka
Copyright © 2012 Joanna Stafiej et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. W. Streeten, Z. Y. Li, R. N. Wallace, R. C. Eagle, and A. A. Keshgegian, “Pseudoexfoliative fibrillopathy in visceral organs of a patient with pseudoexfoliation syndrome,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 12, pp. 1757–1762, 1992.
- S. Schumacher, U. Schlötzer-Schrehardt, P. Martus, W. Lang, and G. Naumann, “Pseudoexfoliation syndrome and aneurysms of the abdominal aorta,” The Lancet, vol. 357, no. 9253, pp. 359–360, 2001.
- P. T. Atalar, E. Atalar, H. Kilic, et al., “Impaired systemic endothelial function in patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome,” International Heart Journal, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 2006.
- P. Mitchell, J. J. Wang, and W. Smith, “Association of pseudoexfoliation syndrome with increased vascular risk,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 124, no. 5, pp. 685–687, 1997.
- T. Neunteufl, S. Heher, R. Katzenschlager et al., “Late prognostic value of flow-mediated dilation in the brachial artery of patients with chest pain,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 207–210, 2000.
- V. Schächinger, M. B. Britten, and A. M. Zeiher, “Prognostic impact of coronary vasodilator dysfunction on adverse long- term outcome of coronary heart disease,” Circulation, vol. 101, no. 16, pp. 1899–1906, 2000.
- M. K. Jezovnik and P. Poredos, “Idiopathic venous thrombosis is related to systemic inflammatory response and to increased levels of circulating markers of endothelial dysfunction,” International Angiology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 226–231, 2010.
- M. Khaleghi, L. A. Singletary, V. Kondragunta et al., “Haemostatic markers are associated with measures of vascular disease in adults with hypertension,” Journal of Human Hypertension, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 530–537, 2009.
- M. Kelly, J. M. Hwang, and P. Kubes, “Modulating leukocyte recruitment in inflammation,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 3–10, 2007.
- O. Eschen, J. H. Christensen, C. Dethlefsen, and E. B. Schmidt, “Cellular adhesion molecules in healthy subjects: short term variations and relations to flow mediated dilation,” Biomarker Insights, vol. 2008, no. 3, pp. 57–62, 2008.
- R. Ross, “Atherosclerosis-an inflammatory diseas,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, pp. 115–126, 1999.
- G. Thorleifsson, K. P. Magnusson, P. Sulem et al., “Common sequence variants in the LOXL1 gene confer susceptibility to exfoliation glaucoma,” Science, vol. 317, no. 5843, pp. 1397–1400, 2007.
- J. A. Aragon-Martin, R. Ritch, J. Liebmann et al., “Evaluation of LOXL1 gene polymorphisms in exfoliation syndrome and exfoliation glaucoma,” Molecular Vision, vol. 14, pp. 533–541, 2008.
- V. L. Ramprasad, R. George, N. Soumittra, F. Sharmila, L. Vijaya, and G. Kumaramanickavel, “Association of non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms in the LOXL1 gene with pseudoexfoliation syndrome in India,” Molecular Vision, vol. 14, pp. 318–322, 2008.
- M. Tanito, M. Minami, M. Akahori et al., “LOXL1 variants in elderly Japanese patients with exfoliation syndrome/glaucoma, primary open-angle glaucoma, normal tension glaucoma, and cataract,” Molecular Vision, vol. 14, pp. 1898–1905, 2008.
- G. Malukiewicz, H. Lesiewska-Junk, K. Linkowska, M. Mielnik, T. Grzybowski, and N. Sulima, “Analysis of LOXL1 single nucleotide polymorphisms in Polish population with pseudoexfoliation syndrome,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. e64–e66, 2011.
- L. Bojić, R. Ermacora, S. Polić et al., “Pseudoexfoliation syndrome and asymptomatic myocardial dysfunction,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 243, no. 5, pp. 446–449, 2005.
- M. Citirik, G. Acaroglu, C. Batman, L. Yildiran, and O. Zilelioglu, “A possible link between the pseudoexfoliation syndrome and coronary artery disease,” Eye, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 2007.
- G. K. Andrikopoulos, E. K. Mela, C. D. Georgakopoulos et al., “Pseudoexfoliation syndrome prevalence in Greek patients with cataract and its association to glaucoma and coronary artery disease,” Eye, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 442–447, 2009.
- R. R. Allingham, M. Loftsdottir, M. S. Gortfredsdottir et al., “Pseudoexfoliation syndrome in Icelandic families,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 702–707, 2001.
- V. J. Dzau, “Tissue angiotensin and pathobiology of vascular disease a unifying hypothesis,” Hypertension, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1047–1052, 2001.
- Y. Shoenfeld, R. Gerli, A. Doria et al., “Accelerated atherosclerosis in autoimmune rheumatic diseases,” Circulation, vol. 112, no. 21, pp. 3337–3347, 2005.
- A. de La Sierra and M. Larrousse, “Endothelial dysfunction is associated with increased levels of biomarkers in essential hypertension,” Journal of Human Hypertension, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 373–379, 2010.
- F. Cambronero, J. A. Vilchez, A. García-Honrubia et al., “Plasma levels of Von Willebrand factor are increased in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. e46–e50, 2010.
- J. Davignon and P. Ganz, “Role of endothelial dysfunction in atherosclerosis,” Circulation, vol. 109, no. 23, pp. III27–III32, 2004.
- A. Olewicz-Gawlik, A. Danczak-Pazdrowska, K. Klama et al., “Blood serum levels of amino-terminal pro-c-type natriuretic peptide in patients with systemic sclerosis,” Connective Tissue Research, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 83–87, 2010.
- U. Güray, A. R. Erbay, Y. Güray et al., “Levels of soluble adhesion molecules in various clinical presentations of coronary atherosclerosis,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 235–240, 2004.
- J. Brajkovic, I. Kalauz-Surac, A. Ergegovic, A. Miletic-Juric, N. Susic, and Z. Buric, “Ocular pseudoexfoliation syndrome and internal systemic diseases,” Acta Clinica Croatica, vol. 46, supplement 1, pp. 57–61, 2007.
- A. Tarkkanen, A. Reunanen, and T. Kivelä, “Frequency of systemic vascular diseases in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma and exfoliation glaucoma,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 598–602, 2008.
- K. R. Shrum, M. G. Hattenhauer, and D. Hodge, “Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular mortality associated with ocular pseudoexfoliation,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 83–86, 2000.
- A. Tarkkanen, “Is exfoliation syndrome a sign of systemic vascular disease?” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 832–836, 2008.