- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 901741, 19 pages
Exercise and Physical Activity in the Therapy of Substance Use Disorders
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Charité Campus Mitte, Charitéplatz 1, 101117 Berlin, Germany
Received 31 October 2011; Accepted 8 December 2011
Academic Editor: Eckart Ruther
Copyright © 2012 Elisabeth Zschucke et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Wendy J. Lynch, Alexis B. Peterson, Victoria Sanchez, Jean Abel, and Mark A. Smith, “Exercise as a novel treatment for drug addiction: A neurobiological and stage-dependent hypothesis,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2013.
- Panteleimon Ekkekakis, Elaine A. Hargreaves, and Gaynor Parfitt, “Invited Guest Editorial: Envisioning the next fifty years of research on the exercise-affect relationship,” Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 2013.
- Elisabeth Zschucke, Katharina Gaudlitz, and Andreas Ströhle, “Exercise and Physical Activity in Mental Disorders: Clinical and Experimental Evidence,” Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, vol. 46, no. Suppl1, pp. S12, 2013.
- Jeffrey P. Haibach, Gregory P. Beehler, Katherine M. Dollar, and Deborah S. Finnell, “Moving Toward Integrated Behavioral Intervention for Treating Multimorbidity Among Chronic Pain, Depression, and Substance-use Disorders in Primary Care,” Medical Care, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 322–327, 2014.
- Mats Hallgren, Karin Romberg, Ann-Sofie Bakshi, and Sven Andréasson, “Yoga as an adjunct treatment for alcohol dependence: a pilot study,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2014.