- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 907095, 5 pages
An Optimized Real-Time PCR to Avoid Species-/Tissue-Associated Inhibition for H5N1 Detection in Ferret and Monkey Tissues
1Key Laboratory of Human Diseases Comparative Medicine, Ministry of Health, Institute of Laboratory Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS) & Comparative Medicine Centre, Peking Union Medical Collage (PUMC), Pan Jia Yuan Nan Li No. 5, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100021, China
2Key Laboratory of Human Diseases Animal Model, State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Pan Jia Yuan Nan Li No. 5, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100021, China
Received 13 December 2011; Accepted 24 January 2012
Academic Editors: G. T. Pharr and I. Valpotic
Copyright © 2012 LingJun Zhan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Matsuoka, E. W. Lamirande, and K. Subbarao, “The ferret model for influenza,” Current Protocols in Microbiology, no. 13, pp. 15G.2.1–15G.2.29, 2009.
- P. Rådström, R. Knutsson, P. Wolffs, M. Lövenklev, and C. Löfström, “Pre-PCR processing: strategies to generate PCR-compatible samples,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology—Part B, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 133–146, 2004.
- D. L. Suarez, Avian Influenza Virus RNA Extraction from Tissue and Swab Material, Methods in Molecular Biology, Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, USA, 1st edition, 2008.
- S. Liu, G. Hou, Q. Zhuang et al., “A SYBR Green I real-time RT-PCR assay for detection and differentiation of influenza A(H1N1) virus in swine populations,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 162, no. 1-2, pp. 184–187, 2009.
- H. Tomaso, M. Kattar, M. Eickhoff et al., “Comparison of commercial DNA preparation kits for the detection of Brucellae in tissue using quantitative real-time PCR,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 10, article 100, 2010.
- A. Das, E. Spackman, M. J. Pantin-Jackwood, and D. L. Suarez, “Removal of real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) inhibitors associated with cloacal swab samples and tissues for improved diagnosis of Avian influenza virus by RT-PCR,” Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 771–778, 2009.
- A. Das, E. Spackman, C. Thomas, D. E. Swayne, and D. L. Suarez, “Detection of H5N1 high-pathogenicity avian influenza virus in meat and tracheal samples from experimentally infected chickens,” Avian Diseases, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 40–48, 2008.
- A. Das, E. Spackman, D. Senne, J. Pedersen, and D. L. Suarez, “Development of an internal positive control for rapid diagnosis of avian influenza virus infections by real-time reverse transcription-PCR with lyophilized reagents,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 3065–3073, 2006.