- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 978327, 5 pages
Cyclin D1 Expression and Its Correlation with Histopathological Differentiation in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
1Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Peoples Dental Academy, Bhanpur, Bhopal 462037, MP, India
2Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Pacific Dental College and Hospital, Udaipur 313024, India
3Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Peoples College of Dental Sciences, Bhopal 462037, India
4Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Darshan Dental College and Hospital, Udaipur 313011, India
5Deprtment of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Jodhpur Dental College and Hospital, Jodhpur 342001, India
Received 15 October 2011; Accepted 23 November 2011
Academic Editors: S. Staibano and S. Strano
Copyright © 2012 Swati Saawarn et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Todd, P. W. Hinds, K. Munger et al., “Cell cycle dysregulation in oral cancer,” Critical Reviews in Oral Biology and Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 51–61, 2002.
- P. V. Angadi and R. Krishnapillai, “Cyclin D1 expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma and verrucous carcinoma: correlation with histological differentiation,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. e30–e35, 2007.
- A. D. C. Neves, R. A. Mesquita, M. D. Novelli, E. Toddai, and S. O. M. De Sousa, “Comparison between immunohistochemical expression of cyclin D1 and p21 and histological malignancy graduation of oral squamous cell carcinomas,” Brazilian Dental Journal, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 93–98, 2004.
- R. Mishra and B. R. Das, “Cyclin D1 expression and its possible regulation in chewing tobacco mediated oral squamous cell carcinoma progression,” Archives of Oral Biology, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 917–923, 2009.
- H. H. Vora, N. G. Shah, T. T. Trivedi, et al., “Cyclin D1 expression in prediction of survival in carcinoma of the tongue,” GCRI Bulletin, vol. 7, pp. 130–135, 1997.
- G. Anneroth, J. Batsakis, and M. Luna, “Review of the literature and a recommended system of malignancy grading in oral squamous cell carcinomas,” Scandinavian Journal of Dental Research, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 229–249, 1987.
- Y. Gu, S. Zhang, Q. Wu et al., “Differential expression of decorin, EGFR and cyclin D1 during mammary gland carcinogenesis in TA2 mice with spontaneous breast cancer,” Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 22, pp. 29–36, 2010.
- G. S. Maahs, D. C. Machado, E. A. Jeckel-Neto, and V. S. Michaelses, “Cyclin D1 expression and cervical metastases in squamous cell carcinoma of the mouth,” Brazilian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 93–100, 2007.
- J. Xu, I. B. Gimenez-Conti, J. E. Cunningham et al., “Alterations of p53, cyclin D1, Rb, and H-ras in human oral carcinomas related to tobacco use,” Cancer, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 204–212, 1998.
- E. Turatti, A. da Costa Neves, M. H. de Magalhães, and S. O. de Sousa, “Assessment of c-Jun, c-Fos and cyclin D1 in premalignant and malignant oral lesions,” Journal of Oral Science, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 71–76, 2005.
- M. Woods, R. Pant, and S. M. Mallya, “Cyclin D1 and cyclin D-dependent kinases enhance oral keratinocyte proliferation but do not block keratinocyte differentiation,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1471–1475, 2010.
- H. Goto, K. Kawano, I. Kobayashi, H. Sakai, and S. Yanagisawa, “Expression of cyclin D1 and GSK-3β and their predictive value of prognosis in squamous cell carcinomas of the tongue,” Oral Oncology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 549–556, 2002.
- A. Rousseau, M. S. Lim, Z. Lin, and R. C. K. Jordan, “Frequent cyclin D1 gene amplification and protein overexpression in oral epithelial dysplasias,” Oral Oncology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 268–275, 2001.
- S. Shintani, M. Mihara, Y. Nakahara et al., “Expression of cell cycle control proteins in normal epithelium, premalignant and malignant lesions of oral cavity,” Oral Oncology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 235–243, 2002.
- M. L. Schoelch, J. A. Regezi, N. P. Dekker et al., “Cell cycle proteins and the development of oral squamous cell carcinoma,” Oral Oncology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 333–342, 1999.
- K. Y. Lam, O. L. Irene, A. P. W. Yuen, D. L. W. Kwong, and W. Wei, “Cyclin D1 expression in oral squamous cell carcinomas: clinicopathological relevance and correlation with p53 expression,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 167–172, 2000.
- M. De Falco, V. Fedele, L. D. Luca et al., “Evaluation of cyclin D1 expression and its subcellular distribution in mouse tissues,” Journal of Anatomy, vol. 205, no. 5, pp. 405–412, 2004.
- C. J. Marsit, C. C. Black, M. R. Posner, and K. T. Kelsey, “A genotype-phenotype examination of cyclin D1 on risk and outcome of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2371–2377, 2008.
- C. Gillett, V. Fantl, R. Smith et al., “Amplification and overexpression of cyclin D1 in breast cancer detected by immunohistochemical staining,” Cancer Research, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1812–1817, 1994.
- C. Gillett, P. Smith, W. Gregory et al., “Cyclin D1 and prognosis in human breast cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 92–99, 1996.
- J. Carlos De Vicente, A. Herrero-Zapatero, M. F. Fresno, and J. S. López-Arranz, “Expression of cyclin D1 and Ki-67 in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity: clinicopathological and prognostic significance,” Oral Oncology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 301–308, 2002.
- R. Miyamoto, N. Uzawa, S. Nagaoka, Y. Hirata, and T. Amagasa, “Prognostic significance of cyclin D1 amplification and overexpression in oral squamous cell carcinomas,” Oral Oncology, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 610–618, 2003.
- M. Y. P. Kuo, C. Y. Lin, L. J. Hahn, S. J. Cheng, and C. P. Chiang, “Expression of cyclin D1 is correlated with poor prognosis in patients with areca quid chewing-related oral squamous cell carcinomas in Taiwan,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 165–169, 1999.
- S. Koontongkaew, L. Chareonkitkajorn, A. Chanvitan, M. Leklakriangrak, and P. Amornphimoltham, “Alterations of p53, pRb, cyclin D1 and cdk4 in human oral and pharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas,” Oral Oncology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 334–339, 2000.
- N. Uzawa, I. Sonoda, K. Myo, et al., “Fluorescence in situ hybridization for detecting genomic alterations of cyclin D1 and p16 in oral squamous cell carcinomas,” Cancer, vol. 110, no. 10, pp. 2230–2239, 2007.
- R. J. A. M. Michalides, N. M. J. Van Veelen, P. M. P. Kristel et al., “Overexpression of cyclin D1 indicates a poor prognosis in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck,” Archives of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 123, no. 5, pp. 497–502, 1997.
- J. Bartkova, J. Lukas, H. Müller, D. Lützhøt, M. Strauss, and J. Bartek, “Cyclin D1 protein expression and function in human breast cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 353–361, 1994.
- J. T. Castle, M. Cardinali, F. J. Kratochvil et al., “p53 and cyclin D1 staining patterns of malignant and premalignant oral lesions in age-dependent populations,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 326–332, 1999.
- H. Mineta, K. Miura, S. Takebayashi et al., “Cyclin D1 overexpression correlates with poor prognosis in patients with tongue squamous cell carcinoma,” Oral Oncology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 194–198, 2000.
- S. Staibano, M. D. Mignogna, L. Lo Muzio et al., “Overexpression of cyclin-D1, bcl-2, and bax proteins, proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), and DNA-ploidy in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity,” Human Pathology, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1189–1194, 1998.