- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 196823, 7 pages
Research on an Infectious Disease Transmission by Flocking Birds
1College of Computer, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha 410073, China
2LIP 6, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 75006 Paris, France
Received 24 April 2013; Accepted 10 June 2013
Academic Editors: P. Agarwal, S. Balochian, and Y. Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Mingsheng Tang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Spedding, “The cost of flight in flocks,” Nature, vol. 474, no. 7352, pp. 458–459, 2011.
- A. Bellaachia and A. Bari, “Flock by leader: a novel machine learning biologically inspired clustering algorithm,” in Advances in Swarm Intelligence, vol. 7332 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 117–126, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2012.
- M. Nagy, Z. Ákos, D. Biro, and T. Vicsek, “Hierarchical group dynamics in pigeon flocks,” Nature, vol. 464, no. 7290, pp. 890–893, 2010.
- J. R. Usherwood, M. Stavrou, J. C. Lowe, K. Roskilly, and A. M. Wilson, “Flying in a flock comes at a cost in pigeons,” Nature, vol. 474, no. 7352, pp. 494–497, 2011.
- WHO, “Human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus in China—update,” http://www.who.int/csr/don/2013_04_19/en/index.html.
- M. Tang, X. Mao, and H. Zhou, “Zombie-city: a new artificial soceity model,” Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 4989–4996, 2013.
- R. Gao, B. Cao, Y. Hu et al., “Human infection with a novel avian-origin influenza A, (H7N9) virus,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 368, no. 20, pp. 1888–1897, 2013.
- T. M. Uyeki and N. J. Cox, “Global concerns regarding novel influenza A (H7N9) virus infections,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 368, no. 20, pp. 1862–1864, 2013.