- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 208407, 11 pages
Thermal Infrared Anomalies of Several Strong Earthquakes
1Lanzhou Institute of Seismology, China Earthquake Administration, Lanzhou 730000, China
2Lanzhou Base of Institute of Earthquake Prediction, China Earthquake Administration, Lanzhou 730000, China
3Earthquake Administration of Liaoning Province, Shenyang 110034, China
Received 15 April 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editors: J. D. Huba and F. Monteiro Santos
Copyright © 2013 Congxin Wei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. I. Gorny, A. G. Salman, A. A. Tronin, and B. B. Shilin, “The earth outgoing IR radiation as an indicator of seismic activity,” Proceedings of the USSR Academy of Sciences, vol. 30, pp. 67–69, 1988.
- Z. J. Qing, C. G. Dian, X. J. Wang, and S. Y. Hu, “Satellite thermal infrared anomalous temperature increase and impending earthquake precursor,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 37, pp. 1642–1646, 1992.
- Z. J. Qiang, X. D. Xu, and C. G. Dian, “Impending-earthquake satellite thermal infrared and ground temperature increase anomalies,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 36, pp. 1894–1900, 1991.
- Z. J. Qiang, X. D. Xu, and C. G. Dian, “Thermal infrared anomaly precursor of impending earthquakes,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 36, pp. 319–323, 1991.
- A. A. Tronin, “Satellite thermal survey: a new tool for the study of seismoactive regions,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1439–1455, 1996.
- Z. J. Qiang and C. G. Dian, “Satellite infrared brightness temperature anomaly-earthquake imminent precursor,” Science in China D, vol. 28, pp. 564–573, 1998 (Chinese).
- Z. Qiang, C. Dian, L. Li et al., “Satellitic thermal infrared brightness temperature anomaly image-short-term and impending earthquake precursors,” Science in China D, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 313–324, 1999.
- A. A. Tronin, “Satellite thermal survey application for earthquake prediction,” in Atmospheric and Ionospheric Electromagnetic Phenomena Associated with Earthquakes, M. Hayakawa, Ed., pp. 717–746, Terrapub, Tokyo, Japan, 1999.
- A. A. Tronin, “Thermal IR satellite sensor data application for earthquake research in China,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 16, pp. 3169–3177, 2000.
- Y. S. Zhang, W. R. Shen, and H. Xu, “Satellite thermal infrared anomaly before the Xinjiang-Qinghai border Ms8.1 earthquak,” Northwestern Seismological Journal, vol. 24, pp. 1–4, 2002 (Chinese).
- A. A. Tronin, M. Hayakawa, and O. A. Molchanov, “Thermal IR satellite data application for earthquake research in Japan and China,” Journal of Geodynamics, vol. 33, no. 4-5, pp. 519–534, 2002.
- Y. S. Zhang, X. Guo, X. M. Zhang, and M. Y. Li, “Study on the inversion method of land surface temperature by applying IR bright temperature data of still satellite,” Northwestern Seismological Journal, vol. 26, pp. 113–117, 2004 (Chinese).
- A. K. Saraf and S. Choudhury, “Satellite detects surface thermal anomalies associated with the Algerian earthquakes of May 2003,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 2705–2713, 2005.
- A. K. Saraf and S. Choudhury, “NOAA-AVHRR detects thermal anomaly associated with the 26 January 2001 Bhuj earthquake, Gujarat, India,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1065–1073, 2005.
- Z. J. Qiang, L. C. Kong, L. Z. Zheng, M. H. Guo, G. P. Wang, and Y. Zhao, “An experimental study on temperature increasing mechanism of satellitic thermo-infrared,” Acta Seismologica Sinica, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 247–252, 1997.
- Q. L. Wang, W. P. Wang, W. F. Liang, and B. Chen, “Stress-dissipative heat geotemperature precursor mechanism of earthquakes,” Acta Seismologica Sinica, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 615–621, 1998.
- Z. J. Qiang, X. D. Xu, and C. G. Dian, “Thermal infrared anomalies under the non-temperature-increment background and the mechanism discussion,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 36, pp. 1901–1906, 1991.
- X. D. Xu, X. M. Xu, S. D. Ma, and Y. Luo, “Preliminary inquiry into the causes of anomaly increase of air temperature by an impending earthquake,” Acta Seismologica Sinica, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 149–154, 1995.
- Z. Q. Lu, B. H. Wu, Z. J. Qiang, and L. T. Du, “Brightness temperature anomalies in satellite-based thermal infrared remote sensing along the offshore china seas,” Geoscience, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 74–82, 2005 (Chinese).
- J. Ma, S. Y. Chen, P. X. Liu, Y. P. Wang, and L. Q. Liu, “Temporal-spatial variations of associated faulting inferred from satellite infrared information: a case study of the N-S seismo-tectonic zone in China,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 816–823, 2006 (Chinese).
- Y. S. Zhang, X. Guo, M. J. Zhong, W. R. Shen, W. Li, and B. He, “Wenchuan earthquake: brightness temperature changes from satellite infrared information,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- X. Guo, Y. S. Zhang, M. J. Zhong, W. R. Shen, and C. X. Wei, “Variation characteristics of OLR for the Wenchuan earthquake,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 2688–2695, 2010 (Chinese).
- C. X. Wei, Y. S. Zhang, and S. X. Hui, “Thermal-infrared changes of Andaman Islands Ms7.5 earthquake, August 11, 2009,” Journal of Seismological Research, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 41–45, 2011 (Chinese).
- Y. S. Zhang, X. Guo, C. X. Wei, W. R. Shen, and S. X. Hui, “The characteristics of seismic thermal radiation about Japan Ms9. 0 and Myanmar Ms7. 2 earthquake,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 153–157, 2011 (Chinese).