- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 215912, 4 pages
Mean Platelet Volume in Ocular Behçet’s Disease
1Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
2Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Received 18 August 2013; Accepted 9 September 2013
Academic Editors: J. Aquavella, Z. Bashshur, and S. Schwartz
Copyright © 2013 Fatih Mehmet Türkcü et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Gürler, A. Boyvat, and U. Türsen, “Clinical manifestations of Behçet’s disease: an analysis of 2147 patients,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 38, pp. 423–427, 1997.
- “Criteria for diagnosis of Behçet’s disease. International Study Group for Behçet’s Disease,” The Lancet, vol. 335, pp. 1078–1080, 1990.
- I. Tugal-Tutkun, S. Onal, R. Altan-Yaycioglu, H. H. Altunbas, and M. Urgancioglu, “Uveitis in Behçet disease: an analysis of 880 patients,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 373–380, 2004.
- K. K. Hampton, M. A. Chamberlain, D. K. Menon, and J. A. Davies, “Coagulation and fibrinolytic activity in Behcet's disease,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 292–294, 1991.
- S. Kiraz, I. Ertenli, M. A. Oztürk, et al., “Pathological haemostasis and ‘prothrombotic state’ in Behçet’s disease,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 105, pp. 125–133, 2002.
- M. Leiba, Y. Sidi, H. Gur, A. Leiba, and M. Ehrenfeld, “Behçet's disease and thrombophilia,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 1081–1085, 2001.
- N. Acikgoz, Y. Karincaoglu, N. Ermis et al., “Increased mean platelet volume in Behçet's disease with thrombotic tendency,” The Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 119–123, 2010.
- E. Vagdatli, E. Gounari, E. Lazaridou, E. Katsibourlia, F. Tsikopoulou, and I. Labrianou, “Platelet distribution width: a simple, practical and specific marker of activation of coagulation,” Hippokratia, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 28–32, 2010.
- Y. Park, N. Schoene, and W. Harris, “Mean platelet volume as an indicator of platelet activation: methodological issues,” Platelets, vol. 13, no. 5-6, pp. 301–306, 2002.
- F. M. Türkcü, H. Yüksel, A. Sahin, et al., “Mean platelet volume in pseudoexfoliation syndrome and glaucoma,” European Journal of Ophthalmology, 2013.
- A. Sahin, M. Sahin, H. Yüksel, et al., “The mean platelet volume in patients with retinal vein occlusion,” Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 2013, Article ID 236371, 4 pages, 2013.
- G. Endler, A. Klimesch, H. Sunder-Plassmann et al., “Mean platelet volume is an independent risk factor for myocardial infarction but not for coronary artery disease,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 399–404, 2002.
- B. Kisacik, A. Tufan, U. Kalyoncu et al., “Mean platelet volume (MPV) as an inflammatory marker in ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 291–294, 2008.
- T. Sakane, M. Takeno, N. Suzuki, and G. Inaba, “Behçet’s disease,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 341, pp. 1284–1291, 1999.
- A. Gül, “Behçet’s disease: an update on the pathogenesis,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 19, pp. 6–12, 2001.
- A. Koşar, M. Oztürk, I. Haznedaroğlu, and Y. Karaaslan, “Hemoatatic parameters in Behçet’s disease: a reappraisal,” Rheumatology International, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 9–15, 2002.
- I. C. Haznedaroglu, O. I. Ozcebe, O. Ozdemir, et al., “Impaired haemostatic kinetics and endothelial function in Behçet’s disease,” Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 240, no. 4, pp. 181–187.
- I. C. Haznedaroglu, O. Ozdemir, O. Ozcebe, S. V. Dundar, and S. Kirazli, “Circulating thrombomodulin as a clue of endothelial damage in Behcet's disease,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 974–975, 1996.
- J. C. Chambers, D. O. Haskard, and J. S. Kooner, “Vascular endothelial function and oxidative stress mechanisms in patients with Behçet's syndrome,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 517–520, 2001.
- J. A. Jakubowski, C. B. Thompson, and R. Vaillancourt, “Arachidonic acid metabolism by platelets of differing size,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 503–511, 1983.
- H. Giles, R. E. A. Smith, and J. F. Martin, “Platelet glycoprotein IIb-IIIa and size are increased in acute myocardial infarction,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 69–72, 1994.
- V. M. Haver and A. R. L. Gear, “Functional fractionation of platelets,” Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 187–204, 1981.
- W. S. Lee and T.-Y. Kim, “Is mean platelet volume increased in behcet's disease with thrombosis?” Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 222, no. 3, pp. 225–226, 2010.
- J. M. Ricart, F. España, and S. Navarro, “Mean platelet volume does not seem to relate to thrombosis or posterior uveitis in Behçet’s disease,” Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation, vol. 4, pp. 51–57, 2013.
- A. D. Protogerou, P. P. Sfikakis, K. S. Stamatelopoulos et al., “Interrelated modulation of endothelial function in Behcet's disease by clinical activity and corticosteroid treatment,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 9, no. 5, article R90, 2007.