- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 274643, 7 pages
Azastilbene Analogs as Tyrosinase Inhibitors: New Molecules with Depigmenting Potential
1Departamento de Química, Instituto de Ciências Exatas, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, Campus Universitário, 36036-900 Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil
2Núcleo de Pesquisa e Inovação em Ciências da Saúde (NUPICS), Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, Campus Universitário, 36036-900 Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil
3Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, Campus Universitário, 36036-900 Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil
Received 7 November 2012; Accepted 14 January 2013
Academic Editors: Hélène Pellissier, Georgiy B. Shul'pin, and Ying-Wei Yang
Copyright © 2013 Larissa Lavorato Lima et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Y. Ding, T. S. Chang, H. C. Shen, and S. S. Tai, “Murine tyrosinase Inhibitors from Cynanchum bungei and evaluation of in vitro and in vivo depigmenting activity,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 720–724, 2011.
- S. Plensdorf and J. Martinez, “Common pigmentation disorders,” American Family Physician, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 109–116, 2009.
- S. K. Fistarol and P. H. Itin, “Disorders of pigmentation,” Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 187–202, 2010.
- M. B. M. Urasaki, “Skin physiological alterations perceived by pregnant women attended at public health services,” Acta Paulista de Enfermagem, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 519–525, 2010.
- A. Costa, T. Cordero, J. Marmirori, T. A. Moiséis, and C. R. T. Alves, “Associação de emblica, licorice e belides como alternativa à hidroquinona no tratamento clínico do melasma,” Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 613–620, 2010.
- D. C. Z. Franco, G. S. G. de Carvalho, P. R. Rocha, R. S. Teixeira, A. D. da Silva, and N. R. B. Raposo, “Inhibitory effects of resveratrol analogs on mushroom tyrosinase activity,” Molecules, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 11816–11825, 2012.
- P. Bernard and J. Y. Berthon, “Resveratrol: an original mechanism on tyrosinase inhibition,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 219–226, 2000.
- N. Baurin, E. Arnoult, T. Scior, Q. T. Do, and P. Bernard, “Preliminary screening of some tropical plants for anti-tyrosinase activity,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 82, no. 2-3, pp. 155–158, 2002.
- A. Adhikari, H. P. Devkota, A. Takano et al., “Screening of Nepalese crude drugs traditionally used to treat hyperpigmentation: in vitro tyrosinase inhibition,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 353–360, 2008.
- D. J. Macrini, I. B. Suffredini, A. D. Varella, R. N. Younes, and M. T. Ohara, “Extracts from Amazonian plants have inhibitory activity against tyrosinase: an in vitro evaluation,” Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 715–721, 2009.
- E. Chodurek, A. Orchel, J. Orchel et al., “Evaluation of melanogenesis in A-375 cells in the presence of DMSO and analysis of pyrolytic profile of isolated melanin,” TheScientificWorldJournal, vol. 2012, Article ID 854096, 7 pages, 2012.
- S. Parvez, M. Kang, H. S. Chung et al., “Survey and mechanism of skin depigmenting and lightening agents,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 921–934, 2006.
- Y. S. Lin, M. T. Chuang, C. H. Chen, M. Y. Chien, and W. C. Hou, “Nicotinic acid hydroxamate downregulated the melanin synthesis and tyrosinase activity through activating the MEK/ERK and AKT/GSK3β signaling pathways,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 19, pp. 4859–4864, 2012.
- Y.-S. Lin, S. H. Chen, W. J. Huang et al., “Effects of nicotinic acid derivatives on tyrosinase inhibitory and antioxidant activities,” Food Chemistry, vol. 132, no. 4, pp. 2074–2080, 2012.
- M. Rendon, M. Berneburg, I. Arellano, and M. Picardo, “Treatment of melasma,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. S272–S281, 2006.
- P. Nigam, “Adverse reactions to cosmetics and methods of testing,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 10–19, 2009.
- W. Zhu and J. Gao, “The use of botanical extracts as topical skin-lightening agents for the improvement of skin pigmentation disorders,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 20–24, 2008.
- V. M. Sheth and A. Pandya, “Melasma: a comprehensive update—part II,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 699–714, 2011.
- F. M. Cerqueira, M. H. G. Medeiros, and O. Augusto, “Antioxidantes dietéticos: controvérsias e perspectivas,” Química Nova, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 441–449, 2007.
- J. C. Cheng, J. G. Fang, W. F. Chen, B. Zhou, L. Yang, and Z. L. Liu, “Structure-activity relationship studies of resveratrol and its analogues by the reaction kinetics of low density lipoprotein peroxidation,” Bioorganic Chemistry, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 142–157, 2006.
- M. Savio, T. Coppa, L. Bianchi et al., “The resveratrol analogue 4,4′-dihydroxy-trans-stilbene inhibits cell proliferation with higher efficiency but different mechanism from resveratrol,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2493–2502, 2009.
- Y. Shukla and R. Singh, “Resveratrol and cellular mechanisms of cancer prevention,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1215, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- N. O. Calil, G. S. G. de Carvalho, A. F. da Silva, A. D. da Silva, and N. R. B. Raposo, “Antioxidant activity of synthetic resveratrol analogs: a structure-activity insight,” Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 676–679, 2012.
- Y. M. Kim, J. Yun, C. K. Lee, H. Lee, K. R. Min, and Y. Kim, “Oxyresveratrol and hydroxystilbene compounds. Inhibitory effect on tyrosinase and mechanism of action,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 18, pp. 16340–16344, 2002.
- H. Satooka and I. Kubo, “Resveratrol as a kcat type inhibitor for tyrosinase: potentiated melanogenesis inhibitor,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1090–1099, 2012.
- N. O. Calil, G. S. G. de Carvalho, D. C. Z. Franco, A. D. da Silva, and N. R. B. Raposo, “Antioxidant activity of resveratrol analogs,” Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 8–11, 2012.
- T. S. Chang, “An updated review of tyrosinase inhibitors,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 2440–2475, 2009.
- F. G. Singleton and C. B. Pollard, “Reactions of aldehydes with amines. I. With o-aminophenol,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 2288–2289, 1940.
- M. R. Manrao, C. Kanta, R. C. Sharma, P. S. Kalsi, and V. K. Kaul, “Synthesis and biological studies of 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzalanilines,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 7, pp. 27–32, 1995.
- A. Mobinikhaledi, P. J. Steel, and M. Polson, “Rapid and efficient synthesis of schiff bases catalyzed by copper nitrate,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic and Nano-Metal Chemistry, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 189–192, 2009.
- J. Lu, C. Li, Y. F. Chai, D. Y. Yang, and C. R. Sun, “The antioxidant effect of imine resveratrol analogues,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 22, no. 17, pp. 5744–5747, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, B. Zou, K. Wang et al., “Antioxidant activities and transition metal ion chelating studies of some hydroxyl Schiff base derivatives,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1341–1346, 2012.
- J. H. Holthoff, K. A. Woodling, D. R. Doerge, S. T. Burns, J. A. Hinson, and P. R. Mayeux, “Resveratrol, a dietary polyphenolic phytoalexin, is a functional scavenger of peroxynitrite,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1260–1265, 2010.
- S. Rayne, C. D. Goss, K. Forest, and K. J. Friesen, “Quantitative structure-activity relationships for estimating the aryl hydrocarbon receptor binding affinities of resveratrol derivatives and the antioxidant activities of hydroxystilbenes,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 864–901, 2010.
- V. C. Ramalho and N. Jorge, “Antioxidantes utilizados em óleos, gorduras e alimentos gordurosos,” Química Nova, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 755–760, 2006.
- M. Picardo and M. Carrera, “New and experimental treatments of cloasma and other hypermelanoses,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 353–362, 2007.