- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 286328, 7 pages
Chrysanthemum Cutting Productivity and Rooting Ability Are Improved by Grafting
College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210095, China
Received 28 April 2013; Accepted 11 June 2013
Academic Editors: P. Andrade, U. Feller, A. Roldán Garrigós, and H. Verhoeven
Copyright © 2013 Jing Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W.-B. Liao, H.-L. Xiao, and M.-L. Zhang, “Effect of nitric oxide and hydrogen peroxide on adventitious root development from cuttings of ground-cover chrysanthemum and associated biochemical changes,” Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 338–348, 2010.
- J. M. Lee and M. Oda, “Grafting of herbaceous vegetable and ornamental crops,” Horticultural Reviews, vol. 28, pp. 61–124, 2003.
- G. Colla, Y. Rouphael, M. Cardarelli et al., “Influence of grafting on yield and fruit quality of pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) grown under greenhouse conditions,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 782, pp. 359–363, 2008.
- Y. Rouphael, M. Cardarelli, G. Colla, and E. Rea, “Yield, mineral composition, water relations, and water use efficiency of grafted mini-watermelon plants under deficit irrigation,” HortScience, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 730–736, 2008.
- G. Colla, C. M. C. Suãrez, M. Cardarelli, and Y. Rouphael, “Improving nitrogen use efficiency in melon by grafting,” HortScience, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 559–565, 2010.
- A. H. A. Abdelmageed and N. Gruda, “Influence of grafting on growth, development and some physiological parameters of tomatoes under controlled heat stress conditions,” The European Journal of Horticultural Science, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 16–20, 2009.
- M. T. Estañ, M. M. Martinez-Rodriguez, F. Perez-Alfocea, T. J. Flowers, and M. C. Bolarin, “Grafting raises the salt tolerance of tomato through limiting the transport of sodium and chloride to the shoot,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 56, no. 412, pp. 703–712, 2005.
- R. M. Rivero, J. M. Ruiz, E. Sánchez, and L. Romero, “Does grafting provide tomato plants an advantage against H2O2 production under conditions of thermal shock?” Physiologia Plantarum, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 44–50, 2003.
- H. H. Dong, Y. H. Niu, W. J. Li, and D. M. Zhang, “Effects of cotton rootstock on endogenous cytokinins and abscisic acid in xylem sap and leaves in relation to leaf senescence,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 1295–1304, 2008.
- W. M. Fang, W. M. Guo, and J. Y. Chen, “Effects of grafting on the improvement of heat tolerance and antioxidant abilities in leaves of chrysanthemum,” Acta Horticulturae Sinica, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1327–1332, 2009.
- X. M. Yang, Studies on the cutting propagation technology and rooting mechanism of chrysanthemum [Dissertation], Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China, 2009.
- M. M. Bradford, “A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein dye binding,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 72, no. 1-2, pp. 248–254, 1976.
- V. H. Argandoña, M. Chaman, L. Cardemil, O. Muñoz, G. E. Zúñiga, and L. J. Corcuera, “Ethylene production and peroxidase activity in aphid-infested barley,” Journal of Chemical Ecology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 53–68, 2001.
- E. van Handel, “Direct microdetermination of sucrose,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 280–283, 1968.
- M. J. Paul, S. P. Driscoll, and D. W. Lawlor, “The effect of cooling on photosynthesis, amounts of carbohydrate and assimilate export in sunflower,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 845–852, 1991.
- H. S. Li, Q. Sun, S. J. Zhao, and W. H. Zhang, Experiment Principle and Technique For Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 2000.
- X. M. Yang, W. M. Fang, F. D. Chen, and S. M. Chen, “Cuttings rooting process and changes in carbohydrate, nitrogen and endogenous hormone levels during the rooting of two chrysanthemum cultivars,” Journal of Nanjing Agricultural University, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 19–24, 2010.
- T. L. Davenport, D. W. Pearce, and S. B. Rood, “Correlation of endogenous gibberellic acid with initiation of mango shoot growth,” Journal of Plant Growth and Regulation, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 308–315, 2001.
- K. Takei, H. Sakakibara, M. Taniguchi, and T. Sugiyama, “Nitrogen-dependent accumulation of cytokinins in root and the translocation to leaf: implication of cytokinin species that induces gene expression of maize response regulator,” Plant and Cell Physiology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 85–93, 2001.
- P. Walch-Liu, G. Neumann, F. Bangerth, and C. Engels, “Rapid effects of nitrogen form on leaf morphogenesis in tobacco,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 51, no. 343, pp. 227–237, 2000.
- M. A. Salam, A. S. M. H. Masum, S. S. Chowdhury, M. Dhar, A. Saddeque, and M. R. Islam, “Growth and yield of watermelon as influenced by grafting,” Journal of Biological Science, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 298–299, 2002.
- F. B. Flores, P. Sanchez-Bell, M. T. Estaén et al., “The effectiveness of grafting to improve tomato fruit quality,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 211–217, 2010.
- E. P. Chu, A. R. Tavares, S. Kanashiro, P. Giampaoli, and E. S. Yokota, “Effects of auxins on soluble carbohydrates, starch and soluble protein content in Aechmea blanchetiana (Bromeliaceae) cultured in vitro,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 451–455, 2010.
- G. R. Rout, “Effect of auxins on adventitious root development from single node cuttings of Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze and associated biochemical changes,” Plant Growth Regulation, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 111–117, 2006.
- G.-P. Wei, L.-F. Yang, Y.-L. Zhu, and G. Chen, “Changes in oxidative damage, antioxidant enzyme activities and polyamine contents in leaves of grafted and non-grafted eggplant seedlings under stress by excess of calcium nitrate,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 120, no. 4, pp. 443–451, 2009.
- C. Sorce, R. Massai, P. Picciarelli, and R. Lorenzi, “Hormonal relationships in xylem sap of grafted and ungrafted Prunus rootstocks,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 93, no. 3-4, pp. 333–342, 2002.
- T. Kato and H. Lou, “Effect of rootstock on the yield, mineral nutrition and hormone level in xylem sap in eggplant,” Journal of Japanese Society For Horticultural Science, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 345–352, 1989.
- L. F. Yang, Physiological and biochemical characteristics of salt tolerance in grafted cucumber using salt tolerant root stock [Ph.D Dissertation], Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China, 2007.