- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 323948, 8 pages
Infrared Thermography in the Architectural Field
Department of Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Division, University of Naples Federico II, Via Claudio 21, 80125 Napoli, Italy
Received 28 August 2013; Accepted 26 September 2013
Academic Editors: J. Kim and B. Kumar
Copyright © 2013 Carosena Meola. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. S. Beller, “Navy sees promise in infrared thermography for solid case checking,” Missiles and Rochets, vol. 16, no. 22, pp. 1234–1241, 1965.
- D. R. Green, “Principles and applications of emittance-independent infrared non-destructive testing,” Applied Optics, vol. 7, pp. 1779–1786, 1968.
- C. Cattaneo, “A form of heat conduction equation which eliminates the paradox of instantaneous propagation,” Comptes Rendues, vol. 247, pp. 431–433, 1958.
- H. S. Carslaw and J. C. Jaeger, Conduction of Heat in Solids, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1959.
- R. Rinaldi, “Infrared devices: short history and new trendspp,” in Infrared Thermography: Recent Advances and Future Trends, C. Meola, Ed., chapter 2, pp. 29–59, Bentham Science Publishers, Sharjah, UAE, 2012.
- V. Vavilov, T. Kauppinen, and E. Grinzato, “Thermal characterization of defects in building envelopes using long square pulse and slow thermal wave techniques,” Research in Nondestructive Evaluation, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 181–200, 1997.
- D. Bjegovic, D. Mikulic, and D. Sekulic, “Non-destructive methods for monitoring reinforcing steel in concrete,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference Structural Faults Repair, London, 2001.
- M. Milazzo, N. Ludwig, and V. Redaelli, “Evaluation of evaporation flux in building materials by infrared thermography,” in Proceedings of the Quantitative Infrared Thermography (QIRT '02), D. Balageas, G. Busse, and G. M. Carlomagno, Eds., pp. 150–155, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2002.
- G. M. Carlomagno and C. Meola, “Infrared thermography in the restoration of cultural properties,” in Thermosense XXIII, vol. 4360 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 203–216, usa, April 2001.
- E. Grinzato, “Thermography in cultural heritage conservation,” in Recent Advances in non Destructive Inspection, C. Meola, Ed., chapter 5, pp. 125–160, Nova Science Publisher, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- G. M. Carlomagno, R. di Maio, C. Meola, and N. Roberti, “Infrared thermography and geophysical techniques in cultural heritage conservation,” Quantitative InfraRed Thermography Journal, vol. 2, pp. 5–24, 2005.
- C. Meola, R. di Maio, N. Roberti, and G. M. Carlomagno, “Application of infrared thermography and geophysical methods for defect detection in architectural structures,” Engineering Failure Analysis, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 875–892, 2005.
- G. M. Carlomagno, R. di Maio, M. Fedi, and C. Meola, “Integration of infrared thermography and high-frequency electromagnetic methods in archaeological surveys,” Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, vol. 8, no. 3, article S93, 2011.
- C. Meola and G. M. Carlomagno, “Application of infrared thermography to adhesion science,” Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 589–632, 2006.
- V. P. Vavilov, D. P. Almond, G. Busse et al., “Infrared thermographic detection and characterization of impact damage in carbon fibre composites: results of the round robin test,” in Proceedings of the Quantitative Infrared Thermography (QIRT 98), D. Balageas, G. Busse, and G. M. Carlomagno, Eds., pp. 43–52, Akademickie Centrum Graficzno-Marketingowe, Łódź, Poland, 1998.
- A. Lehto, J. Jaarinen, T. Tiusanen, M. Jokinen, and M. Luukkala, “Magnitude and phase in thermal wave imaging,” Electronics Letters, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 364–365, 1981.
- C. A. Bennett Jr. and R. R. Patty, “Thermal wave interferometry: a potential application of the photoacoustic effect,” Applied Optics, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 1981.
- G. Busse, “Optoacoustic phase angle measurement for probing a metal,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 759–760, 1979.
- R. L. Thomas, J. J. Pouch, Y. H. Wong, L. D. Favro, P. K. Kuo, and A. Rosencwaig, “Subsurface flaw detection in metals by photoacoustic microscopya,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 1152–1156, 1980.
- C. Meola, “Infrared thermography of masonry structures,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 228–233, 2007.
- E. Grinzato, “State of the art and perspective of infrared thermography applied to building science,” in Infrared Thermography: Recent Advances and Future Trends, C. Meola, Ed., chapter 9, pp. 200–229, Bentham Science Publishers, Sharjah, UAE, 2012.