- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 386180, 11 pages
PRESEE: An MDL/MML Algorithm to Time-Series Stream Segmenting
1College of Computer Science & Technology, Chengdu University of Information Technology, Chengdu 610225, China
2School of Computing and Information Sciences, Florida International University, Miami, IN 33199, USA
3Department of Computer Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, FL 47996, USA
4Guangxi Teachers Education University, Nanning 530001, China
5School of Computer Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
Received 31 March 2013; Accepted 9 May 2013
Academic Editors: R. Haber, S.-S. Liaw, J. Ma, and R. Valencia-Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Kaikuo Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Roddick and M. Spiliopoulou, “A survey of temporal knowledge discovery paradigms and methods,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 750–767, 2002.
- M. Brooks, Y. Yan, and D. Lemire, “Scale-based monotonicity analysis in qualitative modelling with flat segments,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI '05), pp. 400–405, 2005.
- C. S. Perng, H. Wang, S. R. Zhang, and D. S. Parker, “Landmarks: a new model for similarity-based pattern querying in time series databases,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE '00), pp. 33–42, March 2000.
- J. Friedman, “Multivariate adaptive regression splines,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 19, pp. 1–141, 1991.
- Z. Luo and G. Wahba, “Hybrid adaptive splines,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 92, no. 437, pp. 107–116, 1997.
- D. B. Percival and A. T. Walden, Wavelet Methods for Time Series Analysis, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- R. A. C. Faloutsos and A. Swami, “Efficient similarity search in sequence databases,” in Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Foundations of Data Organization and Algorithms, pp. 69–84, 1993.
- V. Lavrenko, M. Schmill, D. Lawrie, P. Ogilvie, D. Jensen, and J. Allan, “Mining of concurrent text and time series,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 37–44, 2000.
- X. Ge and P. Smyth, “Segmental semi-Markov models for endpoint detection in plasma etching,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Engineering. In press.
- K. Teymourian, M. Rohde, and A. Paschke, “Knowledge-based processing of complex stock market events,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT '12), pp. 594–597, 2012.
- L. A. Tang, X. Yu, S. Kim, J. Han, C. C. Hung, and W. C. Peng, “Tru-alarm: trustworthiness analysis of sensor networks in cyber-physical systems,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM '10), pp. 1079–1084, Sydney, Australia, December 2010.
- ICU USER GUIDE, 2012, http://userguide.icu-project.org/icudata.
- J. David and C. Mackay, Information Theory, Inference & Learning Algorithms, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- P. Grünwal, The Minimum Description Length Principle, MIT Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2007.
- X. Lian and L. Chen, “Efficient similarity search over future stream time series,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 40–54, 2008.
- M. Kontaki, A. N. Papadopoulos, and Y. Manolopoulos, “Continuous trend-based classification of streaming time series,” in Advances in Databases and Information Systems, vol. 3631 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 294–308, 2005.
- X. S. Wang, L. Gao, and M. Wang, “Condition evaluation for speculative systems: a streaming time series case,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Spatio-Temporal Database Management (STDBM '04), pp. 65–72, 2004.
- P. P. Rodrigues, J. Gama, and J. P. Pedroso, “ODAC: hierarchical clustering of time series data streams,” in Proceedings of the 6th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 499–503, Bethesda, Md, USA, April 2006.
- E. Bingham, A. Gionis, N. Haiminen, H. Hiisilä, H. Mannila, and E. Terzi, “Segmentation and dimensionality reduction,” in Proceedings of the 6th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 372–383, April 2006.
- E. Terzi and P. Tsaparas, “Efficient algorithms for sequence segmentation,” in Proceedings of the 6th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 316–327, April 2006.
- D. Lemire, “A better alternative to piecewise linear time series segmentation,” in Proceedings of the 7th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 545–550, April 2007.
- J. Hunter and N. Mcintosh, “Knowledge-based event detection in complex time series data,” in Proceedings of the Joint European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Medicine and Medical Decision Making (AIMDM '99), pp. 271–280, 1999.
- A. R. Barron and T. M. Cover, “Minimum complexity density estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1034–1054, 1991.
- J. Rissanen, “Modeling by shortest data description,” Automatica, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 465–471, 1978.
- C. S. Wallace and D. M. Boulton, “An information measure for classification,” Computer Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 185–194, 1968.
- Q. Q. Lu, “An MDL approach to the climate segmentation problem,” Annals of Applied Statistics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 299–319, 2010.
- J. G. Lee, J. Han, and K. Z. Whang, “Trajectory clustering: a partition-and-group framework,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD '07), pp. 593–604, June 2007.
- K. Xu, C. Tang, C. Li, Y. Jiang, and R. Tang, “An MDL approach to efficiently discover communities in bipartite network,” in Database Systems for Advanced Applications, vol. 5981 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 595–611, 2010.
- C. S. Wallace and D. L. Dowe, “Minimum message length and Kolmogorov complexity,” Computer Journal, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 281–283, 1999.
- P. Grunwald, I. J. Myung, and M. Pitt, Advances in Minimum Description Length: Theory and Applications, MIT Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2005.
- IBM Stock Price, http://finance.yahoo.com.
- A. Asuncion and D. J. Newman, UCI Machine Learning Repository, Irvine, University of California, School of Information and Computer Science, 2007, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets.
- G. R. Yu, X. F. Wen, X. M. Sun, B. D. Tanner, X. Lee, and J. Y. Chen, “Overview of ChinaFLUX and evaluation of its eddy covariance measurement,” Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, vol. 137, no. 3-4, pp. 125–137, 2006.
- J. Cheng, Y. Zhou, B. Wang, X. Wang, and J. Li, “SROS: sensor-based real-time observing system for ecological research,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Web Information Systems and Mining (WISM '09), pp. 396–400, Shanghai, China, November 2009.