- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426134, 7 pages
How Can Stress Be Controlled in Endodontically Treated Teeth? A 3D Finite Element Analysis
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, 06510 Emek, Ankara, Turkey
Received 30 May 2013; Accepted 29 June 2013
Academic Editors: C. H. Pameijer and N. Tanoue
Copyright © 2013 İhsan Yıkılgan and Oya Bala. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Tronstad, K. Asbjørnsen, L. Døving, I. Pedersen, and H. M. Eriksen, “Influence of coronal restorations on the periapical health of endodontically treated teeth,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 218–221, 2000.
- L.-L. Kirkevang, D. Ørstavik, P. Hörsted-Bindslev, and A. Wenzel, “Periapical status and quality of root fillings and coronal restorations in a Danish population,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 509–515, 2000.
- J. Andreasen and F. M. Andreasen, Textbook and Color Atlas of Traumatic Injuries to the Teeth Munksgaard Copenhagen, 2007.
- S. Belli, F. K. Cobankara, O. Eraslan, G. Eskitascioglu, and V. Karbhari, “The effect of fiber insertion on fracture resistance of endodontically treated molars with MOD cavity and reattached fractured lingual cusps,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2006.
- H. O. Heymann, E. J. Swift Jr., and V. Andre Ritter, Sturdevant's Art & Science of Operative Dentistry, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 5th edition, 2010.
- M. Sadeghi and C. D. Lynch, “The effect of flowable materials on the microleakage of class II composite restorations that extend apical to the cemento-enamel junction,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 306–311, 2009.
- C. Sabatini, U. Blunck, G. Denehy, and C. Munoz, “Effect of pre-heated composites and flowable liners on Class II gingival margin gap formation,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 663–671, 2010.
- P. E. G. D. A. Campos, M. D. O. Barceleiro, H. R. Sampaio-Filho, and L. R. M. Martins, “Evaluation of the cervical integrity during occlusal loading of class II restorations,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 59–64, 2008.
- C. J. Soares, P. V. Soares, P. C. de Freitas Santos-Filho, C. G. Castro, D. Magalhaes, and A. Versluis, “The influence of cavity design and glass fiber posts on biomechanical behavior of endodontically treated premolars,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1015–1019, 2008.
- W. Jiang, H. Bo, G. YongChun, and N. LongXing, “Stress distribution in molars restored with inlays or onlays with or without endodontic treatment: a three-dimensional finite element analysis,” Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 6–12, 2010.
- N. Scotti, M. Scansetti, R. Rota, F. Pera, D. Pasqualini, and E. Berutti, “The effect of the post length and cusp coverage on the cycling and static load of endodontically treated maxillary premolars,” Clinical Oral Investigations, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 923–929, 2011.
- R. F. Lia Mondelli, S. K. Ishikiriama, O. De Oliveira Filho, and J. Mondelli, “Fracture resistance of weakened teeth restored with condensable resin with and without cusp coverage,” Journal of Applied Oral Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 161–165, 2009.
- P. A. Oskoee, A. A. Ajami, E. J. Navimipour, S. S. Oskoee, and J. Sadjadi, “The effect of three composite fiber insertion techniques on fracture resistance of root-filled teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 413–416, 2009.
- S. Belli, A. Erdemir, M. Ozcopur, and G. Eskitascioglu, “The effect of fibre insertion on fracture resistance of root filled molar teeth with MOD preparations restored with composite,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 73–80, 2005.
- A. Sengun, F. K. Cobankara, and H. Orucoglu, “Effect of a new restoration technique on fracture resistance of endodontically treated teeth,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 214–219, 2008.
- F. K. Cobankara, N. Unlu, A. R. Cetin, and H. B. Ozkan, “The effect of different restoration techniques on the fracture resistance of endodontically-treated molars,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 526–533, 2008.
- F. B. Rodrigues, M. P. G. Paranhos, A. M. Spohr, H. M. S. Oshima, B. Carlini, and L. H. Burnett Jr., “Fracture resistance of root filled molar teeth restored with glass fibre bundles,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 356–362, 2010.
- S. Akman, M. Akman, G. Eskitascioglu, and S. Belli, “Influence of several fibre-reinforced composite restoration techniques on cusp movement and fracture strength of molar teeth,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 407–415, 2011.
- S. Belli, A. Erdemir, and C. Yildirim, “Reinforcement effect of polyethylene fibre in root-filled teeth: comparison of two restoration techniques,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 136–142, 2006.
- A. Shinya, D. Yokoyama, L. V. J. Lassila, A. Shinya, and P. K. Vallittu, “Three-dimensional finite element analysis of metal and FRC adhesive fixed dental prostheses,” Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 365–371, 2008.
- Ö. Eraslan, O. Eraslan, G. Eskitaşcioǧlu, and S. Belli, “Conservative restoration of severely damaged endodontically treated premolar teeth: a FEM study,” Clinical Oral Investigations, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 403–408, 2011.
- P. J. J. M. Plasmans, L. G. H. Visseren, M. M. A. Vrijhoef, and A. F. Käyser, “In vitro comparison of dowel and core techniques for endodontically treated molars,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 382–387, 1986.
- G. W. Christian, G. L. Button, P. C. Moon, M. C. England, and H. B. Douglas, “Post core restoration in endodontically treated posterior teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 182–185, 1981.
- N. Shubhashini, N. Meena, A. Shetty, A. Kumari, and D. N. Naveen, “Finite element analysis of stress concentration in Class V restorations of four groups of restorative materials in mandibular premolar,” Journal of Conservative Dentistry, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 121–126, 2008.
- A. Elayouti, M. I. Serry, J. Geis-Gerstorfer, and C. Löst, “Influence of cusp coverage on the fracture resistance of premolars with endodontic access cavities,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 543–549, 2011.
- M. Hammad, A. Qualtrough, and N. Silikas, “Effect of new obturating materials on vertical root fracture resistance of endodontically treated teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 732–736, 2007.
- N. Mohammadi, M. A. Kahnamoii, P. K. Yeganeh, and E. J. Navimipour, “Effect of fiber post and cusp coverage on fracture resistance of endodontically treated maxillary premolars directly restored with composite resin,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1428–1432, 2009.
- K. Bitter, H. Meyer-Lueckel, N. Fotiadis et al., “Influence of endodontic treatment, post insertion, and ceramic restoration on the fracture resistance of maxillary premolars,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 469–477, 2010.
- R. B. Fonseca, A. J. Fernandes-Neto, L. Correr-Sobrinho, and C. J. Soares, “The influence of cavity preparation design on fracture strength and mode of fracture of laboratory-processed composite resin restorations,” Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 277–284, 2007.
- S. Belli, H. Orucoglu, C. Yildirim, and G. Eskitascioglu, “The effect of fiber placement or flowable resin lining on microleakage in class II adhesive restorations,” Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 175–181, 2007.