- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 509350, 12 pages
Structural Health Monitoring of a Reinforced Concrete Building during the Severe Typhoon Vicente in 2012
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Macau, Macau
Received 8 August 2013; Accepted 7 September 2013
Academic Editors: G. Turk, B. Uy, and H. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Sin-Chi Kuok and Ka-Veng Yuen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Kijewski-Correa and J. D. Pirnia, “Dynamic behavior of tall buildings under wind: insights from full-scale monitoring,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 471–486, 2007.
- Y. L. Xu and S. Zhan, “Field measurements of Di Wang tower during typhoon York,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 73–93, 2001.
- Q. S. Li, Y. Q. Xiao, J. Y. Fu, and Z. N. Li, “Full-scale measurements of wind effects on the Jin Mao building,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 445–466, 2007.
- Q. S. Li, Y. Q. Xiao, J. R. Wu, J. Y. Fu, and Z. N. Li, “Typhoon effects on super-tall buildings,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 313, no. 3–5, pp. 581–602, 2008.
- W. H. Chen, Z. R. Lu, W. Lin et al., “Theoretical and experimental modal analysis of the Guangzhou new TV tower,” Engineering Structures, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 3628–3646, 2011.
- A. C. Khanduri, T. Stathopoulos, and C. Bédard, “Wind-induced interference effects on buildings—a review of the state-of-the-art,” Engineering Structures, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 617–630, 1998.
- J. Chen and Y. L. Xu, “On modelling of typhoon-induced non-stationary wind speed for tall buildings,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 145–163, 2004.
- S. K. Au and P. To, “Full-scale validation of dynamic wind load on a super-tall building under strong wind,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 138, no. 9, pp. 1161–1172, 2012.
- J. N. Yang, Y. Lei, S. Lin, and N. Huang, “Hilbert-Huang based approach for structural damage detection,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 85–95, 2004.
- K. V. Yuen and L. S. Katafygiotis, “An efficient simulation method for reliability analysis of linear dynamical systems using simple additive rules of probability,” Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 2005.
- C. Papadimitriou, C. P. Fritzen, P. Kraemer, and E. Ntotsios, “Fatigue predictions in entire body of metallic structures from a limited number of vibration sensors using Kalman filtering,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 554–573, 2011.
- C. Papadimitriou, E. Ntotsios, D. Giagopoulos, and S. Natsiavas, “Variability of updated finite element models and their predictions consistent with vibration measurements,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 630–654, 2012.
- Y. Lei, Y. Su, and W. Shen, “A probabilistic damage identification approach for structures under unknown excitation and with measurement uncertainties,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2013, Article ID 759102, 7 pages, 2013.
- S. Kitipornchai, W. Kang, H. F. Lam, and F. Albermani, “Factors affecting the design and construction of Lamella suspen-dome systems,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 764–785, 2005.
- L. S. Katafygiotis and K. V. Yuen, “Bayesian spectral density approach for modal updating using ambient data,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1103–1123, 2001.
- J. L. Beck and L. S. Katafygiotis, “Updating models and their uncertainties. I: bayesian statistical framework,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 455–461, 1998.
- K. V. Yuen and H. Q. Mu, “A novel probabilistic method for robust parametric identification and outlier detection,” Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, vol. 30, pp. 48–59, 2012.
- K. V. Yuen, P. F. Liang, and S. C. Kuok, “Online estimation of noise parameters for Kalman filter,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 361–381, 2013.
- S. C. Kuok and K. V. Yuen, “Structural health monitoring of Canton tower using Bayesian framework,” Smart Structures and Systems, vol. 10, no. 4-5, pp. 375–391, 2012.
- K. V. Yuen, L. S. Katafygiotis, and J. L. Beck, “Spectral density estimation of stochastic vector processes,” Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 265–272, 2002.
- K. V. Yuen and S. C. Kuok, “Bayesian methods for updating dynamic models,” Applied Mechanics Reviews, vol. 64, no. 1, Article ID 010802, 18 pages, 2011.
- K. V. Yuen, Bayesian Methods for Structural Dynamics and Civil Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- H. F. Lam, K. V. Yuen, and J. L. Beck, “Structural health monitoring via measured Ritz vectors utilizing artificial neural networks,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 232–241, 2006.
- K. V. Yuen and J. L. Beck, “Updating properties of nonlinear dynamical systems with uncertain input,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 9–20, 2003.
- P. J. Vickery and P. F. Skerlj, “Hurricane gust factors revisited,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 131, no. 5, pp. 825–832, 2005.
- S. S. Law, J. Q. Bu, X. Q. Zhu, and S. L. Chan, “Wind characteristics of Typhoon Dujuan as measured at a 50 m guyed mast,” Wind and Structures, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 387–396, 2006.
- Q. S. Li, Y. Q. Xiao, C. K. Wong, and A. P. Jeary, “Field measurements of typhoon effects on a super tall building,” Engineering Structures, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 233–244, 2004.
- L. Song, Q. S. Li, W. Chen, P. Qin, H. Huang, and Y. C. He, “Wind characteristics of a strong typhoon in marine surface boundary layer,” Wind and Structures, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- J. Y. Fu, J. R. Wu, A. Xu, Q. S. Li, and Y. Q. Xiao, “Full-scale measurements of wind effects on Guangzhou West Tower,” Engineering Structures, vol. 35, pp. 120–139, 2012.
- J. F. Clinton, S. C. Bradford, T. H. Heaton, and J. Favela, “The observed wander of the natural frequencies in a structure,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 237–257, 2006.
- K. V. Yuen and S. C. Kuok, “Ambient interference in long-term monitoring of buildings,” Engineering Structures, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 2379–2386, 2010.
- Y. Tamura and S. Y. Suganuma, “Evaluation of amplitude-dependent damping and natural frequency of buildings during strong winds,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 59, no. 2-3, pp. 115–130, 1996.
- H. Sohn, C. R. Farrar, F. M. Hemez, D. D. Shunk, D. W. Stinemates, and B. R. Nadler, “A review of structural health monitoring literature: 1996–2001,” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA-13976-MS, 2003.