- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 612684, 1 page
Comment on “Berberine and Its Emerging Benefits in Psychiatric Conditions Especially Alzheimer's Disease”
Mechanicsville Hospital, Mechanicsville, VA 23223, USA
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 1 April 2013
Copyright © 2013 Shailendra Kapoor. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. F. Ji and L. Shen, “Molecular basis of inhibitory activities of berberine against pathogenic enzymes in Alzheimer's disease,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 823201, 4 pages, 2012.
- L. Jia, J. Liu, Z. Song, et al., “Berberine suppresses amyloid-beta-induced inflammatory response in microglia by inhibiting nuclear factor-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinase signalling pathways,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 64, pp. 1510–1521, 2012.
- S. S. Durairajan, L. F. Liu, J. H. Lu, et al., “Berberine ameliorates beta-amyloid pathology, gliosis, and cognitive impairment in an Alzheimer's disease transgenic mouse model,” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 33, pp. 2903–2919, 2012.
- F. Zhu, F. Wu, Y. Ma, et al., “Decrease in the production of beta-amyloid by berberine inhibition of the expression of beta-secretase in HEK293 cells,” BMC Neuroscience, vol. 12, article 125, 2011.
- M. Asai, N. Iwata, A. Yoshikawa et al., “Berberine alters the processing of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein to decrease Aβ secretion,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 352, no. 2, pp. 498–502, 2007.
- S. K. Kulkarni and A. Dhir, “On the mechanism of antidepressant-like action of berberine chloride,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 589, no. 1-3, pp. 163–172, 2008.