- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 856416, 7 pages
Characteristics of Traffic Flow at Nonsignalized T-Shaped Intersection with U-Turn Movements
MOE Key Laboratory for Urban Transportation Complex Systems Theory and Technology, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 25 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editors: S. Chen and B. Uy
Copyright © 2013 Hong-Qiang Fan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Adams and J. E. Hummer, “Effects of U-turns on left-turn saturation flow rates,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1398, pp. 90–100, 1993.
- S. M. Tsao and S. W. Chu, “Study on adjustment factors for U-turns in left-turn lanes at signalized intersections,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 183–192, 1995.
- D. Carter, J. E. Hummer, R. S. Foyle, and S. Phillips, “Operational and safety effects of U-turns at signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1912, pp. 11–18, 2005.
- P. Liu, J. J. Lu, J. Fan, J. C. Pernia, and G. Sokolow, “Effects of U-turns on capacities of signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1920, pp. 74–80, 2005.
- P. Liu, X. Wang, J. Lu, and G. Sokolow, “Headway acceptance characteristics of U-turning vehicles at unsignalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2027, pp. 52–57, 2007.
- P. Liu, T. Pan, J. J. Lu, and B. Cao, “Estimating capacity of U-turns at unsignalized intersections: conflicting traffic volume, impedance effects, and left-turn lane capacity,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2071, pp. 44–51, 2008.
- P. Liu, J. J. Lu, H. Zhou, and G. Sokolow, “Operational effects of U-turns as alternatives to direct left-turns,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 133, no. 5, pp. 327–334, 2007.
- T. Guo, P. Liu, J. J. Lu, L. Lu, and B. Cao, “Procedure for evaluating the impacts of indirect driveway left-turn treatments on traffic operations at signalized intersections,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 137, no. 11, pp. 760–766, 2011.
- X. K. Yang and H. G. Zhou, “CORSIM-based simulation approach to evaluation of direct left turn versus right turn plus U-turn from driveways,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 68–75, 2004.
- A. Pirdavani, T. Brijs, T. Bellemans, and G. Wets, “Travel time evaluation of a U-turn facility: comparison with a conventional signalized intersection,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2223, pp. 26–33, 2011.
- M. El Esawey and T. Sayed, “Operational performance analysis of the unconventional median U-turn intersection design,” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1249–1261, 2011.
- P. Liu, X. Qu, H. Yu, W. Wang, and B. Cao, “Development of a VISSIM simulation model for U-turns at unsignalized intersections,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 138, pp. 1333–1339, 2012.
- M. E. Fouladvand, Z. Sadjadi, and M. R. Shaebani, “Characteristics of vehicular traffic flow at a roundabout,” Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 4, Article ID 46132, 8 pages, 2004.
- D. W. Huang, “Phase diagram of a traffic roundabout,” Physica A, vol. 383, no. 2, pp. 603–612, 2007.
- M. E. Foulaadvand and S. Belbasi, “Vehicular traffic flow at a non-signalized intersection,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 40, no. 29, article 006, pp. 8289–8297, 2007.
- S. Belbasi and M. E. Foulaadvand, “Simulation of traffic flow at a signalized intersection,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, vol. 2008, no. 7, Article ID P07021, 2008.
- M. E. Foulaadvand, M. Fukui, and S. Belbasi, “Phase structure of a single urban intersection: a simulation study,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, vol. 2010, no. 7, Article ID P07012, 2010.
- Q. L. Li, B. H. Wang, and M. R. Liu, “Phase diagrams properties of the mixed traffic flow on a crossroad,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 21, pp. 5045–5052, 2010.
- X. B. Li, R. Jiang, and Q. S. Wu, “Cellular automaton model simulating traffic flow at an uncontrolled T-shaped intersection,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 18, no. 17–19, pp. 2703–2707, 2004.
- Q. S. Wu, X. B. Li, M. B. Hu, and R. Jiang, “Study of traffic flow at an unsignalized T-shaped intersection by cellular automata model,” European Physical Journal B, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 265–269, 2005.
- X. G. Li, Z. Y. Gao, B. Jia, and X. M. Zhao, “Cellular automata model for unsignalized T-shaped intersection,” International Journal of Modern Physics C, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 501–512, 2009.
- Z. J. Ding, X. Y. Sun, R. R. Liu, Q. M. Wang, and B. H. Wang, “Traffic flow at a signal controlled t-shaped intersection,” International Journal of Modern Physics C, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 443–455, 2010.
- H.-Q. Fan, B. Jia, X.-G. Li, and J.-F. Tian, “Characteristics of traffic flow at non-signalized T-shaped intersection,” Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 185–192, 2012.
- K. Nagel and M. Schreckenberg, “A cellular automaton model for freeway traffic,” Journal de Physique, vol. 2, pp. 2221–2229, 1992.