- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 871932, 5 pages
BrdU Pulse Labelling In Vivo to Characterise Cell Proliferation during Regeneration and Repair following Injury to the Airway Wall in Sheep
1Cluster for Regenerative Medicine, Advanced Medical & Dental Institute (AMDI), Universiti Sains Malaysia, No. 6, Level 1 (Lot 13), Persiaran Seksyen 4/9, 13200 Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
2Easter Bush Veterinary Centre and The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, The Roslin Institute, The University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian, Edinburgh EH25 9RG, UK
Received 26 December 2012; Accepted 18 January 2013
Academic Editors: A. S. Balajee and I. de la Serna
Copyright © 2013 B. Yahaya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Demoly, J. Simony-Lafontaine, P. Chanez et al., “Cell proliferation in the bronchial mucosa of asthmatics and chronic bronchitics,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 214–217, 1994.
- K. P. Keenan, J. W. Combs, and E. M. McDowell, “Regeneration of hamster tracheal epithelium after mechanical injury—I. Focal lesions: quantitative morphologic study of cell proliferation,” Virchows Archiv B Cell Pathology Including Molecular Pathology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 193–214, 1983.
- J. S. Kim, V. S. Mckinnis, K. Adams, and S. R. White, “Proliferation and repair of guinea pig tracheal epithelium after neuropeptide depletion and injury in vivo,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 273, no. 6, pp. L1235–L1241, 1997.
- E. M. McDowell, T. Ben, C. Newkirk, S. Chang, and L. M. De Luca, “Differentiation of tracheal mucociliary epithelium in primary cell culture recapitulates normal fetal development and regeneration following injury in hamsters,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 129, no. 3, pp. 511–522, 1987.
- T. Shimizu, M. Nishihara, S. Kawaguchi, and Y. Sakakura, “Expression of phenotypic markers during regeneration of rat tracheal epithelium following mechanical injury,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 85–94, 1994.
- D. L. Wilhelm, “Regeneration of tracheal epithelium,” The Journal of Pathology and Bacteriology, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 543–550, 1953.
- K. P. Keenan, J. W. Combs, and E. M. McDowell, “Regeneration of hamster tracheal epithelium after mechanical injury—II. Multifocal lesions: stathmokinetic and autoradiographic studies of cell proliferation,” Virchows Archiv B Cell Pathology Including Molecular Pathology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 215–229, 1983.
- K. P. Keenan, J. W. Combs, and E. M. McDowell, “Regeneration of hamster tracheal epithelium after mechanical injury—III. Large and small lesions: comparative stathmokinetic and single pulse and continuous thymidine labeling autoradiographic studies,” Virchows Archiv B Cell Pathology Including Molecular Pathology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 231–252, 1983.
- C. Ballard-Croft, L. R. Sumpter, R. Broaddus, J. Alexander, D. Wang, and J. B. Zwischenberger, “Ovine smoke/burn ARDS model: a new ventilator-controlled smoke delivery system,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. e155–e162, 2010.
- J. van der Velden, D. Barker, G. Barcham, E. Koumoundouros, and K. Snibson, “Assessment of peripheral airway function following chronic allergen challenge in a sheep model of asthma,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 12, Article ID e28740, 2011.
- Y. Yamamoto, P. Enkhbaatar, L. E. Sousse et al., “Nebulization with γ-tocopherol ameliorates acute lung injury after burn and smoke inhalation in the ovine model,” Shock, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 408–414, 2012.
- X. Zhou, D. Wang, C. Y. Castro et al., “A pulmonary hypertension model induced by continuous pulmonary air embolization,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. e11–e16, 2011.
- B. Yahaya, A. Baker, P. Tennant et al., “Analysis of airway epithelial regeneration and repair following endobronchial brush biopsy in sheep,” Experimental Lung Research, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 519–535, 2011.
- G. C. Burmer and T. H. Norwood, “Selective elimination of proliferating cells in human diploid cell cultures by treatment with BrdU, 33258 Hoechst and visible light,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 1980.
- S. Holle and M. Birtles, “An immunocytochemical method for studying patterns of cell proliferation in the wool follicle,” New Zealand Veterinary Journal, vol. 38, pp. 89–93, 1990.