- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 983109, 19 pages
SOA-Based Model for Value-Added ITS Services Delivery
1Faculty of Engineering, Catholic University of Colombia, Avenida Caracas No. 46-72, Bogotá, Colombia
2Computer Science Department, University of Alicante, Carretera San Vicente del Raspeig s/n, 03690 Alicante, Spain
Received 31 August 2013; Accepted 9 January 2014; Published 10 June 2014
Academic Editors: L. Martínez and S. M. Yoon
Copyright © 2014 Luis Felipe Herrera-Quintero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- US.DOT, Transportation Vision for 2030: Ensuring Personal Freedom and Economic Vitality for a Nation on the Move, U.S. Department of Transportation. RITA-Research and Innovative Technology Administration, 2008.
- European_Commission, Towards a European Road Safety Area: Policy Orientations on Road Safety 2011–2020, Commission of the European Communities, Brussels, Belgium, 2010.
- J. C. Miles and K. Chen, Eds., The Intelligent Transportation Systems Handbook: Recomentadion from the World Road Association (PIARC), Andrew Barribal, Swanley, UK, 2004.
- M. A. Chowdhury and A. Sadek, Fundamentals of Intelligent Transportation Systems Planning, Artech House, London, UK, 2003.
- ITEA2, ITEA Roadmap for Software-Intensive Systems and Services, 2009.
- L. M. S. de Souza, P. Spiess, D. Guinard, M. Köhler, S. Karnouskos, and D. Savio, “SOCRADES: a Web service based shop floor integration infrastructure,” in The Internet of Things, vol. 4952 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 50–67, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- AASHTO, ITE, and NEMA, National Transportation Communication for ITS Protocol NTCIP 9001, AASHTO, ITE, NEMA, Washingthon, DC, USA, 2009.
- M. Williams, EA White Paper: Convergence in Traffic Information Frameworks Models, Highways_Agency, 2010.
- M. P. Papazoglou, P. Traverso, S. Dustdar, and F. Leymann, “Service-oriented computing: state of the art and research challenges,” Computer, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 38–45, 2007.
- ISO_24097, Intelligent Transport Systems—Using Web Services (Machine-Machine Delivery) for ITS Service Delivery—Part 1: Realization of Interoperable Web Services, I.O.f. Standatization, 2009.
- X. Tao, C. Jiang, and Y. Han, “Applying SOA to intelligent transportation system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC '05), Orlando, Fla, USA, 2005.
- W. Shi, J. Wu, Y. Li, and L. Kuang, “Intelligent transportation information sharing and service integration in semantic grid environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI '06), pp. 174–178, December 2006.
- K.-H. Chen, C.-R. Dow, D.-J. Lin, C.-W. Yang, and W.-C. Chiang, “An NTCIP-based semantic ITS middleware for emergency vehicle preemption,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '08), pp. 363–368, December 2008.
- AASHTO, ITE, and NEMA, Library: 2306—Application Profile for XML in ITS Center to Center Communications (AP-C2CXML), 2008, http://www.ntcip.org/library/standards/default.asp?documents=yes&standard=2306.
- EasyWay, ES5 Datex II, 2010, http://www.easyway-its.eu/1/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=67.
- European_Commission, Action Plan for the Deployment of Intelligent Transport Systems in Europe, T.C.O.T.E. UNION, Brussels, Belgium, 2009.
- KAREN_PROJECT, Guidelines for the Development and Assessment of Intelligent Transport System Architectures, E.I. Europe, 1998.
- ETSI, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS); Vehicular Communications; Basic Set of Applications; Definitions, TR102638, ETSI, 2009.
- ISO_14813, Intelligent Transport Systems—Reference Model Architecture(s) for the ITS Sector—Part 1: ITS Service Domains, Service Groups and Services, International Organization for Standarization, 2007.
- J. Lee, “Design of a network coverage analyzer for roadside-to-vehicle telematics networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD '08) in Conjunction with 2nd International Workshop on Advanced Internet Technology and Applications (AITA '08), pp. 201–205, August 2008.
- Y. Zhang, J. Zhao, and G. Cao, “Service scheduling of vehicle-roadside data access,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 83–96, 2010.
- A. Hinsberger, H. Wieker, G. Riegelhuth, and H. Zurlinden, “Benefits and technology of an intelligent road side unit system for vehicle to infrastructure- and infrastructure to centre communication,” in Proceedings of the 14th ITS World Congress, Beijing, China, October 2007.
- HIDO, ITS Toolkit for Road Transport in Countries with Developing and Transitional Economies, Highway Industry Development Organization, 2004.
- IBM, Intelligent Transport—How the Cities Can Improve the Mobility, I.G.B. Services, IBM Institute for Business Value, 2009.
- A. Schalk, W. Rom, and H. Stratil, “The vision of ISO-CALM—a globally connected ITS world,” Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 19–23, 2007.
- J. F. Monserrat, D. Martín-Sacristán, J. Cabrejas-Peñuelas, D. Calabuig, S. Garrigas, and N. Cardona, “On the way towards fourth-generation mobile: 3GPP LTE and LTE-advanced,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2009, Article ID 354089, 2009.
- T. Dillon, C. Wu, and E. Chang, “Reference architectural styles for service-oriented computing,” in Proceedings of the Network and Parallel Computing IFIP International Conference (NPC '07), Springer, Dalian, China, 2007.
- M. P. Papazoglou and W.-J. van den Heuvel, “Service oriented architectures: approaches, technologies and research issues,” VLDB Journal, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 389–415, 2007.
- K. Dar, M. Bakhouya, J. Gaber, M. Wack, and P. Lorenz, “Wireless communication technologies for ITS applications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 156–162, 2010.
- M. Böhm and A. Frötscher, “COOPERS—safety relevant services via bidirectional infrastructure-to vehicle (I2V) communication,” COOPERS Project, European Commision, Vienna, Austria, 2009.
- P. Harmon, M. Rosen, and M. Guttman, Developing E-Business Systems and Architectures: A Manager's Guide, Morgan Kaufmann, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2001.
- ITS-JP, The Japanese ITS Architecture, 1999, http://www.its-jp.org/english/arch_e/doc/summary.pdf.
- ERTICO, ITS for Europe, 2008, http://www.ertico.com/.
- ITS-America, Intelligent Trasportation System of America, 2009, http://www.itsa.org/.
- F. Plasil and S. Visnovsky, “Behavior protocols for software components,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1056–1076, 2002.
- M. Caliskan, D. Graupner, and M. Mauve, “Decentralized discovery of free parking places,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET '06), pp. 30–39, September 2006.
- Crossbow_Technologies, Wireless Sensor Networks, 2008, http://www.xbow.com/.
- A. Woo, T. Tong, and D. Culler, “Taming the underlying challenges of reliable multihop routing in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), pp. 14–27, November 2003.
- L. F. Herrera-Quintero, F. Maciá-Pérez, D. Marcos-Jorquera, and V. Gilart-Iglesias, “Wireless sensor networks and service-oriented architecture, as suitable approaches to be applied into ITS,” in Proceedings of the 6th Euro American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems (EATIS '12), May 2012.