- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Urban Studies Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 692764, 14 pages
Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s
Department of Sociology, East Carolina University, 405A Brewster, MS 567, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Received 8 October 2010; Accepted 10 December 2010
Academic Editor: Ben Derudder
Copyright © 2011 A. J. Jacobs. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. J. Jacobs, “The Nested Global City-Region: Intermunicipal Income Stratification in the Tokyo Metropolitan Region, 1980-2007,” Urban Geography, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 120–146, 2012.
- Wouter Jacobs, “Why are maritime ports (still) urban, and why should policy-makers care?,” Maritime Policy & Management, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 189–206, 2012.
- Paul Waley, “Pencilling Tokyo into the map of neoliberal urbanism,” Cities, vol. 32, pp. 43–50, 2013.
- A. J. Jacobs, “Industrial Restructuring And Expanding Income Stratification: The Case Of Japan's Four Largest Major Metropolitan Areas, 1990-2007,” Journal of Urban Affairs, 2013.
- Fernando Ortiz-Moya, and Nieves Moreno, “Filming industrial Japan: Kitakyushu, rise and decline of the iron town,” Regional Studies, Regional Science, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 479–487, 2015.
- Shinya Sugawara, and Jiro Nakamura, “Gatekeeper incentives and demand inducement: An empirical analysis of care managers in the Japanese Long-Term Care Insurance program,” Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 2016.